Dynadot

.info Dot Info Sightings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
.info domain spotted in wild!

I'm not a huge fan or buyer of .info but I noticed this one on a bus I was riding a few weeks back and then again today:

What's Your Number?

It's a site by Prostate Cancer Canada.

First .info site I've seen placed in an ad.

Anybody else see any .info sites advertised anywhere?

Skinny

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Haven't seen any .info's on billboards or TV, but they are definately growing in popularity.

•••
Spotted one just yesterday on a local fitness club digital sign. When I Google search for the fitnessclubname.com it comes up reading Did you mean fitnessclubname.info?

I haven't seen any .info on billboards recently.

•••
One with a huge, huge bill board in Edinburgh.

StJamesQuarter.info

•••
•••
I've seen a few on billboards & posters around London (UK). Can't remember what the exact names were, but two were for injury claims and posters for local health services of some sort. It was quite a few months ago, haven't seen many though.

•••
Interesting sightings.

Skinny

•••
I honestly haven't seen any, but saying that I haven't seen much more extensions other than .com and .co.uk (living in the uk) im not really a big fan of .info myself however.

•••
I have seen many .info's on newspapers Irish/English and also TV - spain.info is well advertised on both and quite an appealing site IMO.

•••
.info will kill off .com
sell all .coms now
hehe

•••
•••
I heard a radio commercial for extremeMMA.info a few days ago

Also, ran into a buddy that gave me his business card, the website on there was a .info

Was looking up a catering service that was recommended to me and the site was a .info with the .com, .net and .org still available to reg

•••
bauhaus.info

DIY markets with a turnover of 4 billion Euros.

•••
... but they are definately growing in popularity.

..or they are just available for reg fee.

I honestly haven't seen any, but saying that I haven't seen much more extensions other than .com and .co.uk (living in the uk) im not really a big fan of .info myself however.

Me neither..or not that I remember, I'v only seen .com, .co.uk and a few .tv

I had a bunch of .info and never ever received any offers (or traffic) so I dropped just about all of them, I kept two or three like channelferry.info & channelferries.info as I plan to develop them.

•••
I'm not a huge fan or buyer of .info but I noticed this one on a bus I was riding a few weeks back and then again today:

What's Your Number?

Skinny

It's just a site, the content on it is what matter. It can be a blogspot with the same content being advertised. IMO

•••
I never seen .info on billboards but I have seen a site with .info on a dude's Tee. Not sure about the wordings..I saw some 1 year back.

•••
•••
Occasionally I spot a .info domain in an advertisement or on a product. I have actually seen quite a few .biz domains on company vehicles etc. Seems like a lot of small businesses uses .biz when the .com or the .ccTLD is taken.

•••
Nice info here!
(both the .info domain examples & information.)

•••
You mustn't have had good .infos. I've hand-regged one for <$1 and sold it for about $230. I sold another for maybe $200. And that second one was after receiving an offer on SEDO. I've had a few SEDO offers for .info's I owned... accepted some, declined some.

I had a bunch of .info and never ever received any offers (or traffic) so I dropped just about all of them, I kept two or three like channelferry.info & channelferries.info as I plan to develop them.

•••
Interesting Archangel,

I haven't really dabbled in .info's myself but that is insane ROI.

Skinny

•••
I think it's luck more than anything. The one I sold at SEDO had a few offers elsewhere, a well, a few at early $xxx. I've only dabbled in .info here and there but if you are lucky, you'll get the ones that'll give you a good ROI :)

Interesting Archangel,

I haven't really dabbled in .info's myself but that is insane ROI.

Skinny

•••
I was just in Montreal for the Grand Prix and thought of this thread when I saw a the Montreal Public Transport uses the domain stm.info

•••
I never imagined .infos would be all that popular but, with the way they were promoted at such a low registration cost, they have really taken off. It really isn't a bad extension. I felt it was an interesting idea when they first came out but never knew how well it would catch on.

•••

What's Your Number?

Skinny

I had an abandoned but hosted info domain. After couple of months, I checked it and got PR2 without even promoting it.. Now I'm putting content.. :) with some affiliate products...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back