Domain Empire

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ooops... It is my 66 year old eyes that are seeing wrong! Sorry about that. Piano would have been a great domain!
Might be some "typo" traffic..too bad not as good as the "old days" before Google changed it (Do you mean etc)

•••
plano lots of businesses use it ( mainly in plano Texas though lol) but plano tackle boxes and a few other uses

•••
.CA growth

fb-2016-chapter-5-ca-growth-rate.png

https://cira.ca/factbook/domain-industry-data-and-canadian-Internet-trends/internet-use-canada

The CIRA does have a very informative website, its just finding it. Sure if you google "cira" they have generously paid for a google ad when then would rank number 1 anyways.

Numbers show things are going the wrong direction, and other than google ads and @dtagr ride, I dont see much marketing and promoting for .ca from cira and its dozen or so employees. Some very interesting facts at the page/link above. No one from their company here to represent/promote them, and domainers hold probably 95% of what feeds them. They sound quite charitable, which is nice.

However, .CA has taken market-share from .com over the past decade or so, and now accounts for 31% of all domains registered in Canada. CIRA continued to monitor this closely, as recent quarters show some reversal in this trend. The voice of .ca needs to speak a little louder

Does it matter if they are ICANN registered? When they are CIRA?
https://cira.ca/current-registrars/registrar-list
They sell .com too, I was simply pointing out a fact as in my link manager at namesilo it shows as registrar unknown and i asked them why. How important it is, or how the cira answers too icann, if they do, i would like to know. Having a stable registrar is important.

•••
With the $2 promos from Rebel and WHC and the current $3.99 at Namespro - I'm doing my part. I'm up over 200 again.
Just regged tonight:
SKRE
QCRE
NURE
YTRE
NTRE

Province/Territory/City Real Estate

•••
[/QUOTE]Numbers show things are going the wrong direction, and other than google ads and @dtagr ride, I dont see much marketing and promoting for .ca from cira and its dozen or so employees.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered 2 verticals (one for each side) for VIPR.ca and they're reflective so they should pop at night and one for my spoiler DashCamReview.com, but seriously I'm running out of real estate.

I expect to lease a 53 ft MultiTemp this fall and I'm torn between promoting my trucking business or using that 106 linear feet of mobile billboard(I haven't measured the available space on the wings and tails) to make a dotca statement. I've got about 6 months to decide I guess.

•••

Thanks a lot for the link to the CIRA stats @MasterOfMyDomains !

I would interpret the meaning differently, however, and not see it as negative at all. These are graphs of growth (or shrinkage) and they show that .ca has grown (positive) in every single quarter, whereas overall country code have begun to shrink. If the overall number of .ca was decreasing that would be one thing, but this graph is saying there is growth, but not as rapid growth as in the 2010-2011 period.

Yes, the growth rate began to tail off in 2015, just when many of the new gTLDs were introduced to general use, but growth is still happening, whereas in most (except .cn) country codes are now shrinking.

Also, I thought I saw on Twitter, but can't find it, that in 2017 .ca lead the other major country code in growth, but I might be wrong.

So overall, I think .ca is pretty healthy, not that it is easy to sell them (combination of size of market, some goodish names still available to hand register, and the Canadian residency restrictions).

We should all celebrate that in terms of abuse as measured by Spamhaus .ca is one of the very best extensions (blowing .com out of the water, but also most others).

Have a nice day!

Bob

•••
They sell .com too, I was simply pointing out a fact as in my link manager at namesilo it shows as registrar unknown and i asked them why. How important it is, or how the cira answers too icann, if they do, i would like to know. Having a stable registrar is important.
Oh now I understand better...not sure of the hierarchy (between ICANN and CIRA),

The only time I even mention CIRA is in my sale pitch for my domain,so potential customers understand about the requirements etc of owning a (dot)ca..

•••
OK this is strictly speaking no a .ca, so maybe should not be here, but is Canadian. After all the .club craze I hand registered

TheCanadian.club

Surprised it was available, the Estibot on it is $2400 (GoValue says <$100). I see various possible uses promoting Canadian identity, a travel club sort of thing featuring Canada, one of the sports teams promoting themselves as The Canadian Club (e.g. the Blue Jays as the Canadian MLB team), or maybe just some sort of social club with a Canadian focus. Anyway, I will see....

ps I will accept less than $300,000 for it even though it is a nice .club :-,

•••
OK this is strictly speaking no a .ca, so maybe should not be here, but is Canadian. After all the .club craze I hand registered

TheCanadian.club

Surprised it was available, the Estibot on it is $2400 (GoValue says <$100). I see various possible uses promoting Canadian identity, a travel club sort of thing featuring Canada, one of the sports teams promoting themselves as The Canadian Club (e.g. the Blue Jays as the Canadian MLB team), or maybe just some sort of social club with a Canadian focus. Anyway, I will see....

ps I will accept less than $300,000 for it even though it is a nice .club :-,
Seen your name and automatically thought of ..
0008856_canadian-club-1000ml.jpeg

Quite popular export...but good luck with your idea!

So been working on a new strategy..adding French to my sales listing, even though I have no French keyword domains (might buy some if the strategy works)..

This tool should make it easier
https://translate.google.ca/

Experiment in "beta" stage, so as of this posting, I have no idea how the Google will index/rank etc yet!

Last edited:
•••
I am a total non-drinker, but I see from Google that is pretty popular and should have heard of it!

Let me know how the bilingual effort goes - that would certainly be a plus, I would think!

•••
Good replies, i do love our .ca
Even scored 3 more at namespro.ca first one is $0.78 others $3.88
Have to go thru The link when u search at cira, i had to click View All Certified Providers at bottom as it didnt display on the first results
I guess .ca you have to sell, unlike .com that sells itself. 1/3 of all domains reg in Canada were .ca(2016) we need to increase that number.
Your welcome for the link/stats @MetBob

Blazes dot ca is available to reg
I still have a list of dictionary words available though i see domainBrothers has been chewing away at it.

•••
@MetBob DomainBrothers.ca is Owned by DomainBrothers Itself, Everybody knows that .com Still a King.
DomainBrothers is ICANN Registered & also Deals with all Kind of Domain Name all over the World.
(Free Listing/Free Parking)
I looked to see if they offer registrar services, as i saw the icann registered logo, but i cant find that option. Were always looking for better deals.

•••
For a Canadian .ca buy/sell/trade/exchange website

What do you like....

caDot.ca
CanadaDot.ca
DotEx.ca
DotX.ca
CanadaNames.ca
Canada4.ca
WebDots.ca
ProDomains.ca

All owned by me and am ready to share with anyone interested.

If you have a good domain post it please.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have:
UWeb
DomainPortfolio

Of yours I like DotX the best. Or MapleDots.

If you want to brand I can go:
OPPX
ULLU
XXR
XXK
XRA
GXP
PXK

Always liked X and anagrams

If you want to sell other extensions as well I can go TLDS.ca
Any of this assumes a formal arrangement of course.

Since we're talking about .ca's we could use ClearanceDeals.ca:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I know, bad joke.

•••
THe point is to be just .ca and nothing else. A buy/trade reserved only for .ca. There are a few places that do everything but the .ca ultimately gets lost.

The domain name should say what it is about and I kinda like DotX.ca as in dot xchange canada. Am open to any suggestions but it has to shout .ca

•••
Dont have anything that shouts .ca
Your DotX or Maple Dots is the best so far.

•••
For a Canadian .ca buy/sell/trade/exchange website

What do you like....

caDot.ca
CanadaDot.ca
DotEx.ca
DotX.ca
CanadaNames.ca
Canada4.ca
WebDots.ca
ProDomains.ca

All owned by me and am ready to share with anyone interested.

If you have a good domain post it please.
They all seem good - but even though longer I like CanadaDot.ca best I think. I'm not too keen on the Ex, X ones. I like CanadaNames.ca as well.

•••
You know.... I really like CanadaDot.ca as well. I thought I was alone in this but considering that Canada.ca is the official government website CanadaDot.ca could be the Canada DOT ca website. As in everything dot discussion.

•••
You know.... I really like CanadaDot.ca as well. I thought I was alone in this but considering that Canada.ca is the official government website CanadaDot.ca could be the Canada DOT ca website. As in everything dot discussion.
It looks nice but the radio test kind of kills it..canada-dot-dot-ca

•••
This week's TBR

bpz.ca
cqw.ca
hvx.ca
PetTopia.ca
TopCom.ca
OceanPower.ca
CondoCheck.ca
SinglesMeetup.ca
OakManor.ca
LearnToSail.ca
Munchy.ca
3Dhome.ca

Namespro $3.88

•••
•••
•••
@MetBob DomainBrothers.ca is Owned by DomainBrothers Itself, Everybody knows that .com Still a King.
DomainBrothers is ICANN Registered & also Deals with all Kind of Domain Name all over the World.
(Free Listing/Free Parking)
Still wondering what registrar the brothers run. Maybe we can all work out a deal, eh
What part of Canada are you from Juana?

•••
Was checking the "TBR" upcoming list..
http://tbr.cira.ca/?datet=2018/02/07
tempted to get back into a "niche" that I just got rid off recently ..lol (why do I get sidetrack so easily)
Did see some nice NNNN(.ca),

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back