NameLot
  1. → We are performing a scheduled upgrade. The site may be intermittently unavailable. ←

Dot CA Discussion and Showcase

Labeled as .ca in ccTLD Discussion, started by whitebark, Jul 7, 2008

Replies:
Views:

1. DomainRecap

DomainRecap Top Contributor VIP

I think you did the right thing, and just view the $1500 as "found money" and use it to beat me down even worse on this week's TBR.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. rlm

rlm Established Member

If you insist! But I'm not sure there's too much worth fighting over this week.

3. DomainRecap

No joke, and other than EFS.ca, I don't see anything I'd remotely get into a bidding war over.

I've also found that my "cheap stuff" is selling far better than my "expensive stuff" so I'm not sure my strategy of improving my domain portfolio is working out as intended.

The .CA market is just soooo insanely random. For example, from May to June 2020 I bought 9 domains through dot-ca and I've already sold 4 of them (I call them my Magic 9) with inquiries/bids on them all, while during the same time I bought over 20 from Siber (at a higher per-domain price) and so far I've sold ZERO and had only ONE bid.

Those are truly random numbers.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 4:52 PM
  4. rlm

rlm Established Member

I'm assuming you've priced them quite differently and that may be the difference? Would be tough to find a common thread with out all the details.

But yeah, unless you're selling at wholesale type prices, end-user sales are always quite random, regardless of the TLD.

5. DomainRecap

Nope, the same opening offers on sales venues, and not even counting sales, the Magic 9 have all received offers/interest while the DOA 24 have received a grand total of ONE offer - it's just the random nature of life.

6. MapleDots

MapleDots Top Contributor VIP

I own a number of 4 letter domains and sold one this weekend for 7k, easy close, contacted me directly.

Strange one here but I'm also got 3 offers on the domain PAPR and I have not responded yet.

I'm trying to figure out why the sudden interest from 3 different parties on this domain.
    I have to do some research before I price this one because something is strange to get that many inquiries.
    I might have to send it to auction or something.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 1:33 PM
  7. nafti

nafti Upgraded Member Gold Account Blue Account ★★★★★★★★★★

A quick search shows Powered Air Purifying Respirators so with this virus, it could have something to do with that.

8. DomainRecap

Watch out, as it might be 3 valid offers, but it could also be a nitwit with 3 GD accounts trying to lure you into sending it to auction. Then you get no bids and he wins it at offer.

Almost certainly, and that's the only thing I could think of driving potential demand.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 2:53 PM
  9. MapleDots

I decided to ignore all 3 offers because they did not meet my 5k threshold, if they want the domain they will have to try harder.

10. DomainRecap

Exactly, and only go to auction when the top bid of the group is at a level you'd be okay to sell it.

Lots of scams, flakes, and deadbeats on GD these days, and the pandemic seems to have imported them in droves.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 5:04 PM
  11. MapleDots

I had looked at that but that does not explain why I was contacted by 3 separate people this weekend.
    That term has been around since the start of this virus crap so why the sudden interest now?

There has to be another explanation.... something cool and funky, maybe a service of some type.

12. DomainRecap

This happens to me regularly, and the vast majority of times this "multi-quick bid" technique is the same person with 3 different accounts just hoping and praying you fall for the scam and send it to auction.

This is a very, very common trick on GD and one that has been reported many times on NP.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 5:10 PM
  13. MapleDots

I was also contacted directly via email from a generic gmail account

A typical email.... Hey man what you asking for?

I did not respond, in fact I never respond anymore unless its an actual offer.

14. DomainRecap

Cue the "I am a broker and I have a 6-figure offer for this domain, but first I will need a certificate of valuation that is available here.... " LOL

15. Spex

Spex Established Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 6:03 PM
  16. MapleDots

And I got another offer a second ago

Fourth one in 2 days

A nothing offer, someone is trying to steal it but I don't usually get multiple accounts inquiring on the same domain.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 6:11 PM
  17. nafti

nafti Upgraded Member Gold Account Blue Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Send some of those offers my way! :) I get offers from GD in streaks. Some weekends it’s 1 or 2, other weekends it’s a lot more than that. Probably still people looking for great bargains thinking that some people will sell cheap because of the virus.

18. Spex

Spex Established Member

So that's what a GD offer looks like, I haven't seen one in a while. Lucky you :)

Also found that PAPR is some type of ETF as well
    https://stocknews.com/stock/PAPR/

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020 at 6:56 PM

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice