NameSilo

Donuts' Million Domain Price Drop

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
With Donuts' big batch price drop coming in just a couple days, I was wondering if anyone bothered going through the list?

I just scanned through the master list of 853,633 domains that were previously premium and now going to standard pricing and was just blown away at how the vast majority are just complete garbage not even worth a fraction of even the non-premium price.

Obviously as domainers most of these domains are not and have never been intended to be investor grade .. Let's be clear that these domains and their pricing are targeted at end-users. But while I know it's easy to criticise in hindsight, and that many ngTLD operator were optimistically hoping for an explosion of registrations at the dawn of the great ngTLD experiment, I really can't comprehend how anyone could have ever considered some of these domains as "premium" in the first place ?!?

iwantmy.university
antivirussoftware.video
kathryn.dance
highpointdivorce.attorney
chennaioutsourced.software
matthews.vet
skzl.market
belohorizontefesivals.sale

lol .. I wouldn't even bother taking those domains FOR FREE! lol .. That's just 8 domains .. now imagine a list with 800,000 !!! Looking at the list I almost wanted to gauge out my eyeballs! Probably a handful of diamonds in the rough .. but even at standard pricing, they are too expensive to hold as domainers. I was really expecting better domains, and am just in shock how these were ever priced at those higher levels in the first place.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3 words . ngTLD !! :xf.eek:
:vomit:

Last edited:
•••
With Donuts' big batch price drop coming in just a couple days, I was wondering if anyone bothered going through the list?

I just scanned through the master list of 853,633 domains that were previously premium and now going to standard pricing and was just blown away at how the vast majority are just complete garbage not even worth a fraction of even the non-premium price.

Obviously as domainers most of these domains are not and have never been intended to be investor grade .. Let's be clear that these domains and their pricing are targeted at end-users. But while I know it's easy to criticise in hindsight, and that many ngTLD operator were optimistically hoping for an explosion of registrations at the dawn of the great ngTLD experiment, I really can't comprehend how anyone could have ever considered some of these domains as "premium" in the first place ?!?

iwantmy.university
antivirussoftware.video
kathryn.dance
highpointdivorce.attorney
chennaioutsourced.software
matthews.vet
skzl.market
belohorizontefesivals.sale

lol .. I wouldn't even bother taking those domains FOR FREE! lol .. That's just 8 domains .. now imagine a list with 800,000 !!! Looking at the list I almost wanted to gauge out my eyeballs! Probably a handful of diamonds in the rough .. but even at standard pricing, they are too expensive to hold as domainers. I was really expecting better domains, and am just in shock how these were ever priced at those higher levels in the first place.
chennaioutsourced.software - thats long and not sure how this even came in some list!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back