legal Don't mess with the King's Queen.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

offthehandle

.Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In the Panel’s view, this is a classic “Plan B” case where a party, having been frustrated in its
negotiations to buy a domain name, resorts to the ultimate option of a highly contrived and artificial claim not supported by any evidence or the plain wording of the UDRP.

case closed :)

•••
This kind of negative publicity needs to get out beyond the domain community everytime something like this happens to prevent more of these cases from being filed in the first place.

•••
•••
Hmm he could lose this one European law is different to US, so I guess many people will be keeping a close eye on the issue and especially it's conclusion..... Time will tell.

•••
Hmm he could lose this one European law is different to US, so I guess many people will be keeping a close eye on the issue and especially it's conclusion..... Time will tell.

And if that happens that some intl law supercedes his US registration, It will be a huge impact and set a new bar and I think he will really be even more motivated to win at all costs. These slimey whiney entitled companies who attack domain investors should be made to feel the pain.

•••
•••
frandsjepsen(.)com verified whois to be sure. Rick tweeted this name, and it resolves to an advertisement for XYZ. What???

@Rick Schwartz ?? The highest bidder for traffic now is XYZ or is this a mistake?

•••
•••
Queen.com is on a american server - therefor forget EU law!

•••
Queen.com is on a american server - therefor forget EU law!
Cool. There are so many issues going on all over the world and this international WIPO, intl trademarks, and all other things going on will probably increase this year. There is a need to be real sanctions, attorneys fees reimbursed and financial penalties imposed for losing a RDNH case. From what all I have read, currently no penalties exist in the system that these arbitration panels can do to give the complainant other than a "black eye". Meanwhile, the respondents remain spending their own resources defending nonsense like this. So entitites wishing to steal a valuable domain can bring frivolous cases like this without a serious downside other than having their hands slapped. It truly surprises me that nothing exists. It seems to me that large Corporations and people with money to burn with tribes of attorneys can inundate the system to "break it" with delays in the future if this is left unchecked. At least from reading the above article.

In this case, I assume Rick will need to bring this into a formal civil action, which is even more money, time and hassle. I certainly hope this gets some negative publicity for this Queen.dk as an example to discourage others.

Last edited:
•••
Cool. There are so many issues going on all over the world and this international WIPO, intl trademarks, and all other things going on will probably increase this year. There is a need to be real sanctions, attorneys fees reimbursed and financial penalties imposed for losing a RDNH case. From what all I have read, currently no penalties exist in the system that these arbitration panels can do to give the complainant other than a "black eye". Meanwhile, the respondents remain spending their own resources defending nonsense like this. So entitites wishing to steal a valuable domain can bring frivolous cases like this without a serious downside other than having their hands slapped. It truly surprises me that nothing exists. It seems to me that large Corporations and people with money to burn with tribes of attorneys can inundate the system to "break it" with delays in the future if this is left unchecked. At least from reading the above article.

In this case, I assume Rick will need to bring this into a formal civil action, which is even more money, time and hassle. I certainly hope this gets some negative publicity for this Queen.dk as an example to discourage others.
Rick has now the option to sue them in US federal court for reverse domain name hijaking under
the Anti-Cybersquatting Piracy Act. Apparently a $100,000 fine is very possible! (y)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back