Domain Empire

Don't ask for appraisals for new TLDs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kate

Domainosaurus RexTop Member
Impact
Hello :hi:

Please don't ask for appraisals for new TLDs.
There is no established market. Therefore nobody can give you a price range. But it is very unlikely you will be able to resell them at a profit.

Therefore assume they are worth zero undeveloped :gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can tell you i did invest in quite a few from the very first day they were launched and i noticed at this point it is getting a bit harder to find the gems. So who knows, maybe more domainers interested but i suspect registries are starting to make more deals behind the curtains :)
Actually many of these new gTLDs are rigged games when it comes to domainers finding diamonds in the rough. Most of what the registry operators think are "premium" domains have been reserved or sold off to closely associated companies.

Regards...jmcc

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Well .co was also supposed to mean the country of Colombia . . . and still does. But American startups are using it. Then people started saying it can stand for Company, Corporation etc. And people don't have to know it's Spanish if they're not using it for the Latino market. The people who speak Spanish know what red is to them no big deal.
The problem with .CO ccTLD is that very few people are using it for anything. While COInternet did a great job of convincing people to use it for some startups, most startup activity is .COM or .ccTLD focused. Most domains in .CO ccTLD are either parked on PPC (or Godaddy's PPC lander for undeveloped domains) or holding pages. There were more domains pointing to the registrant's primary site in .COM or other TLD than there were developed .CO websites the last time I ran a survey. The big difference is that people tried to reframe .CO ccTLD as something that it is not and will never be. The new gTLDs are, in most cases, very different because they are far more precisely targeted at particular markets.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
I don't know where you and sdsinc got the impression I was "excited" about my #8 Page position on Google for 'Branding Center' (oh yeah it's the number #5 page now :). You obviously didn't read the entire thing. I was only showing the people that may be wondering if Google is ranking these new extensions.

Anyway, you guys seem to be obsessing over the amount of search results the 2 terms have combined. Again . . . I chose this name because It's the best of both worlds. It's a Brandable Domain /slash/ Exact Match Domain. So what if the words combined only get 10 - 20 searches? Hey guess what - the word "branding" alone gets a significant amount of searches in the United States. And in all locations it gets 110k searches. And besides, it's not like that even matters anymore. Content is what dictates your position in the search engines today now more than ever. And of course, other contributing factors like having natural backlinks, anchor text diversity etc help too.

And since you claim you know more than I do about SEO - why would you even bring that up? You should know that having the best keywords in a domain name with the thinking that you're going to rank high on Google just because you possess an exact match domain with a significant amount of searches is a thing of the past. Matt Cutts talks a little about EMD vs Brandable in a video . . . and mind you, that was 2 years ago. And since that time, plenty has changed. Just Google Matt Cutts EMD video if you haven't seen it.

Well, with generic terms, it would help if somebody in the world actually searched on it. Plus, who takes voyages nowadays? Oh wait, it means travel in some other language, just like red means something else in some other language. No confusion there.

"And if you know about SEO"

I do, probably a lot more than you, because you would never see me get excited by making page 8 on terms nobody searches for. That you thought that actually proved anything, told me you must be new to SEO.

Last edited:
•••
OK, you are targeting the end users. That makes sense. Have you identified any ? Apparently, YOU know how to find them. So I am eager to learn. Yes, those extensions are new. How many years are you willing to wait for them to take off ?

I think YOU are the end user for your domains.

I have always warned people to tread carefully in new extensions, and my tune is not going to change :imho:

i have sold 2 domains (new gtld) both over 10k with proof. if you are interested I can share that with you
I also got an offer for 15k on my other gtld domain in sedo which i rejected

again as other user said
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it"

•••
i have sold 2 domains (new gtld) both over 10k with proof. if you are interested I can share that with you

again as other user said

Excellent!

I take the new gTLDs as new opportunity.

•••

again as other user said

Cool, so we'll be seeing this in the next DNJournal sales update?

•••
Cool, so we'll be seeing this in the next DNJournal sales update?

they have contacted me through whois, both sold privately.

i am not working for donuts , there is no reason for me to lie
and to be honest i dont really care if you believe it or not. but i am still willing to share the proof with you, pm your skype

•••
they have contacted me through whois, both sold privately.

i am not working for donuts , there is no reason for me to lie
and to be honest i dont really care if you believe it or not. but i am still willing to share the proof with you, pm your skype

It would be good if you showed proof to someone here, otherwise we may start calling you ……… cool.ventures

•••
It would be good if you showed proof to someone here, otherwise we may start calling you ……… cool.ventures

well you guys can call me whatever u want , at the end of the day i have more money in my acct than you do.

good luck

•••
well you guys can call me whatever u want , at the end of the day i have more money in my acct than you do.

good luck

surely you can see why we would be skeptical of such claims
~
Keeping in mind i have gtlds as well

•••
I think google is giving away (in another language script) for the first year then ,,,$13 a year, i read it somewhere, as mentioned interesting times ahead, perhaps some will become 'deadzones' let's start with .rich
~
Law of averages says some of the new gtld's will succeed and with that comes awareness

Definition of stalking ……DU clicks like ten times for this post …..one will suffice thanks !!

•••

good luck

…..and we never heard from him again

•••
All good advice.

Don't ask for appraisals, and

Don't talk to strangers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back