IT.COM

discuss Donating or Giving Away Domains Near Expiration...any potential registrar costs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LoveCatchyDomains

Daring to LiveTop Member
Impact
I'm considering donating various domains that are nearing expiration. They are .orgs, and may have a useful disposition with certain organizations I have in mind.
If it is a week or so near expiration, can the registrar still demand the renewal be paid prior to the transfer? Does that matter whether it is a transfer out of their registrar rather than a push?
I have not approached those organizations yet about this, and wish to do so tomorrow. So any additional suggestions or tips about would be appreciated in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please also note that I am considering giving away some domains here on Namepros--some that are near expiration.

My desire would like to offer them first to individuals that have been very helpful with my questions over almost a year now. Suggestions on how to do this would be great. The desire is to reward at least a few folks who have been helpful here on Namepros, and not reward the registrar with an expired or dropped domain. Perhaps the lack of sales on their part is no fault of their own, but I'd just as well not contribute further to their profits.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back