NameSilo

Domainsite - Parking and DNS, anyone knows ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all,

I have regged some domaines at domainsite and now iI'd like to park them at Sedo.

Therefore, I was going to change DNS and it says :

Change name servers for: [mydomain].com
Important: Please Read
ns1.domainsite.com
ns2.domainsite.com

must be entered as "Current" name servers to take advantage of our real time DNS tools and URL forwarding

IS it a good idea to change DNS and to put NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM -
NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM instead ?

Or could it cause any problem ?

I decided to change the DNS but ... is it better to change the URL to park a domain ? is there any difference between the 2 solutions ?

THX for reading.

Grégoire.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there is no problems when changing it, just that the stats won't show at domainsite

•••
Ok, Thx

Hi,

Thx for your help.

Grégoire.

•••
I guess it's better to change DNS instead of forwarding the domain, because the domaln will load faster (there's no intermediary step of forwarding).

•••
Then I made the good choice ! OK, thanks Michau.

•••
if sedo doesn't work for you, try domainhop. see my link below.

•••
yeah domainhop is way better than sedo

•••
If you change the Name Servers at domainsite - you just won't be able to use their services or options in their control panel.

Quote : "I guess it's better to change DNS instead of forwarding the domain, because the domaln will load faster (there's no intermediary step of forwarding)."

This is correct - but with domainhop parking - you may use dns or forwarding to their "designated" url for each domain parked/accepted there. ~ There are ways to use your traffic from domains through domainsite (and others) by only adding the Parked url in a "frame" only .... Leaving ample room to show other ads / links / banners / etc ...

Just an idea floating in my head to further use the domainhop ways of parking to my advantage ~ Good Luck :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back