DomainSite.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Veolus

Account Closed
Impact
Reviews and information for DomainSite.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excellent!

This is a great registrar - great prices, great features!

•••
cheap but be careful

Domainsite is very cheap and this is why I keep using them. I do get failed registrations a great deal. Always check your billing statment. I have seen multiple charges although domainsite normally takes care of it when I contact them.

•••
Review

Best place to reg .info domains IMO.

•••
Great Prices - Support?

Great prices but awful support and registering nameservers is a mess. The phone # seems like it goes to a home answering machine. The prices and ease of use are great though.

•••
DNS horrible, Customer Service Horrible

Their DNS system is horribly buggy, and when you try to call the company you get a answering maching, and their email support don't even make sence to me.

•••
Review

Have several domains there, without problem so far. Tried transfer from other registrar and have no problem also. Never contact customer service

•••
I have 10 .Info domain names with domainsite,
Support is good & price is the cheape
Good features & user friendly CPanel !

•••
I have 2 domains with domainsite.com, They are quite cheap registratuions and let you pay using an unverified paypal account.

•••
Review

I like the interface a lot, it's the easiest one to deal with among the registrars I dealt with. Their price is good, but I can't find coupons like for other companies. But in general, I recommend this company.

EDIT: How can I change my ratings??? I thought 1 is the best...

•••
Great Fast Service!

I like this service, however I've have some issues:

- Delay tranferring domains from elsewhere into your DomainSite account
- Problems setting up nameservers to dot.NAME domains
- Lack of domains detailed reports, like those available at RegisterFly

However, the customer Service has always resolved such issues timely, except the reports matter, which is a common missing feature in most services, including GoDaddy.

•••
Review

only cheap domain and very bad support and control panel script have errors.

•••
My second review, last week I contacted them, and they respond very quickly.

•••
Review

I have 25 domains at Domainsite, and haven't experienced any problems. I mainly use them for .info registrations, though, because of the $1.99 price ;)

•••
Register/Transfer is 6.99 but Renewal 7.99

Good Cheap Registrar. Interface is not colorful but it's functional. I never had problem with the support team. I run across to few php errors but for 2-3 times in the whole year. The only thing i didn't like is that you can register and transfer a name for 6.99 but if you want to renew you must pay 7.99. I was surprised when i saw it to the shopping cart and it was too late to move some of the domains

•••
Review

Great company, 90% of my domains with them.

•••
Well Rounded!

These guys are perfect! - MyPGP.Com

•••
Review

No issues or problems whatsover with domainsite. But I never had to deal with their customer sevice either.

•••
Joe Blow Registrar

I will never use them again, I promise, I rather pay more then deal with their support, control panel and bs double charges.

•••
Review

A fantastic site. Never had any problems with them. Great pricing. I'm not sure if I would host any super premium names because of their interface and my own lack of knoweledge of custermer service provided...

nonetheless, a very reasonable and affordable company to deal with for every domainer stuff.

A+

•••
Worst registrar period.

Up until 6 months ago I would have said this was a decent registrar. Those with Domainsite may recall around this time there was a database glitch which reset all passwords. These passwords were sent to the domain holder's emails. My email never came, I called support faxed them my personal info (turned out I had to write to them), wrote to them and still never received confirmation nor password.
Yesterday my password finally came by email?! Unfortunately it has been 27 days after their expiration date.. I've written them regarding their 30 day grace period and was then quoted with 25 day grace period. Nice of them to be so eager to park with their own company though. Thanks for nothing, avoid this company like the plague. Shades of old netsol days.

•••
Unfortunately it has been 27 days after their expiration date.. I've written them regarding their 30 day grace period and was then quoted with 25 day grace period. Nice of them to be so eager to park with their own company though.
This speaks volumes about this registrar. This is one of the first registrars that I noticed crossing the boundary line between servicing and competing w/ the domain name community. Over two years ago when the availability of 3 character .com hand registrations began to dwindle to zero, drops were still available w/o B/Os. I was able to pick up a few but, soon was aced out by this registrar who was running a script and using their priveleged registrar-registry position to, virtually, scarf every 3 char .com that dropped into their own portfolio and onto their own parked pages. They beat me to the punch so often, I , eventually gave up. I, also, had several instances where I caught their service department B/Sing me and changing procedures that were to their enrichment at my expense. These folks are, totally,out to rule the world and do not have the domain name marketer's interest in mind, whatsoever.

•••
Cheap domains, aswell as cheap support.

Their customer service isn't just slow, timewise, but also mentally. I told them a domain of mine was stolen, and they replied with "It seems the domain blah.com is not in your account". It took 27 emails for them to get what "STOLEN" means.

The reason, probably, is they're only making 4 cents per domain... so the support people cant be paid that much. Although the price is good, it's not worth the headache support.

I'd go with dynadot any day.

•••
Review

DomainSite has been my registrar for over a year now. In the time I've been with them, they've been a consistantly good company to be with. The price is competitive, and they take PayPal. I'd definately recommend them!

•••
I tried to transfer out 3 names. Transfer was initiated 4 days ago. day 1- names hadnt't been released. Day2, initiation/verification email for one of the names comes in. Day 3 initiation/verification email for a 2nd name comes in. Day 4 initiation/verification email for the 3rd name comes in. Day4 notice from enaom comes in . Transfer failed. re: domains locked at registrar, despite the fact that I had unlocked them prior to initiating transfer. Domain Site sucks, IMHO.

•••
Grrilla said:
I tried to transfer out 3 names. Transfer was initiated 4 days ago. day 1- names hadnt't been released. Day2, initiation/verification email for one of the names comes in. Day 3 initiation/verification email for a 2nd name comes in. Day 4 initiation/verification email for the 3rd name comes in. Day4 notice from enaom comes in . Transfer failed. re: domains locked at registrar, despite the fact that I had unlocked them prior to initiating transfer. Domain Site sucks, IMHO.

in the past this error had created to me some problems ... seems that they have a bug ...
the domain seems unlocked .. but it's locked...
have you tried to contact them ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back