DomainSite.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Veolus

Account Closed
Impact
Reviews and information for DomainSite.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Review

Like them alot, very easy to use!

•••
Yeah , I register all my domains with them :)

•••
You get what you pay for....

Simply, you get what you pay for.
Poor Features.
Extremely annoying push system.
Terrible Customer Service.
Awesome Prices.

If i can, I'll never use them, unless forced...

•••
Excellent.

I use DS for all my domains, I've never had any real problems.

•••
Someone hijacked my domain

It's bizarre, and they haven't been able to explain it, but someone with a whois from Tel Aviv hijacked my domains, or at least was able to substitute their whois info for mine. This happened with three domains hosted at DomainSite. They were able to fix the whois, and then I transferred the domains. The weird thing is that they still showed up in my account for many months (one still does!). I liked their interface and prices, but this stuff makes me very nervous. I'm sticking with Enom!

•••
Review

i used to love domainsite, at 1 time if i emailed them i had a reply within 12 hours, which isnt amazing but im happy with that, however on saturday i emailed them and never got a reply until late lastnihgt which i find really bad service, someone should be around on sundays incase of emergencies and if they are then it shoudnt take so long to answer 1 of the 3 emails i sent, so unfortunately i wont be using them in the future

•••
Review

A nice cheap no-frills service. Good customer service, and some of the best non-bulk rates you can find.

•••
Review

A nice reg service,Simple and user friendly interface,Good prices.

•••
•••
Review

bad service, rubbish support, you get what you pay for.

•••
Review

I thought the price was nice. Their service really sucks. I just couldn't stand it. My one site doesn't even work. They blamed it on my host!

•••
I always liked and like their support, pretyy god and cheap prices!

A pretty good registrar! The only bad is in uy opinion the web deisgn and domain names prices!

•••
Review

Below is a copy of my previous review, which has not been modified. However, in retrospect, and when looking at the larger picture and how DomainSite compares w/ other registrars, I felt that I had been overly severe w/ my ratings and have changed them. This reflects my belief that reviews should remain as objective as possible and that they should not be used as a platform for venting, which I found myself to be guilty of. The new ratings reflect a fairer and more balanced assessment.)

Other than their quirky $5.99 upgrade to go from "Basic" ($6.99) to"Normal"? ($7.99) , if you don't choose the "Normal option at the time of the initial registration,("A BASIC registration does not include all of the free services that come with a standard registration. You can however always upgrade your basic name for a one time fee of $5.99"), their pricing is low.
However:
1) Don't trust their Bulk Management tool and don't depend upon always receiving a confirmation email letting you know that your changes failed. I tried, at least, a dozen times to change name servers to Sedo w/o success, (.name domains), and finally received this after about the third time around: " all: fail (0)"
2) I've had ongoing problems making DNS changes w/ them- ie they are the only registrar that doesnt recognize my name servers.
3) Their customer service is slow to respond and is evasive. Example: I registered 20+ .name domains during a promotion. I made a PayPal pmt. The names didn't get registered. I emailed and made 2 phone calls. First, they wouldn't honor my purchase, stating that the promotion had ended. Second, I had to fight w/ them to get my pmt back and out of my account balance. Third, when I asked for an explanation as to why the registrations didn't go through, they insisted on two occasions that the names I had attempted to reg were restricted which they were not. (I later regged some of them at full price.) On another occasion, after 3-4 mos of being unable to get my .name domains onto a server, they finally figured out that they hadn't gotten set-up w/ Sedo's DNS, yet- ar least that was what they used for an excuse.

If you want cheap, DomainSite is cheap. But be forwarned that you can't assume anything will stick when using their name mngt interface, (ie DNS changes), and if you run into any probs or difficulties, don't be surprised if you receive alot of double talk from their customer support people.

Last edited:
•••
Very nice prices!

This site is a really good domain reg site. I might buy a domain from here.

•••
It is very buggy but for the price you should not complain.

•••
I have approximately 2000 names registered with them - I receive timely responses to my support emails. Overall - this is my favorite registrar!

•••
My difficulties w/ them center around .name which is a bit of a quirky registry to begin with. Nevertheless, this is a gtld that they chose to sponsor and promote and, despite my repeated efforts to rectify the problem, most of my .name domains remain on their servers and are presently useless to me. My customer service rating stands until this issue is resolved.

Last edited:
•••
For the money it is ok, but do not expect weekend support at all

•••
Terribly coded website, terrible look.

Aside from the obvious and apparent ugliness of the site, avoid the company.

I have constantly gotten PHP errors, failed PayPal transactions - all of which were returned to them as the culprit of the problem - and a support staff that only partially responds to support issues you email them about it. I've gotten errors from:

Account credit has been authorized.

ERROR: We were unable to process the items in your order.

Please contact support at [email protected]. For faster processing please specify your username and the domain name(s) or service(s) you were attempting to order. Thank you.

This was after getting - over the span of several years - several and not-so-intermittent errors like this:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/local/apache2/www.domainsite.com/registration_actions/add_names.php on line 379

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/apache2/www.domainsite.com/registration_actions/add_names.php:379) in /usr/local/apache2/www.domainsite.com/registration_actions/add_names.php on line 752

And this I got after being forced to manually add funds to my account because, even after several years of business (including periodic and not-so-rare PayPal API errors because of their mistaken coding), I still got tx's voided - according to PayPal - by the merchant, DomainSite.com:

ERROR
We were unable to process your order. Please contact support at [email protected] regarding this issue and include all information included on this page. (1)

PayPal Transaction ID: 0KM10317PVxxxxxx

And there is no good reason for this. I have never had a questionable transaction with them where I was the culprit of dispute.

Avoid DomainSite. Go with a registrar that knows what they are doing.

Last edited:
•••
Review

I love their pricing, but the interface is horrible and their features are lacking.

•••
Great Price / Horrible Support

Everything is perfect except their horrible support and some .ws DNS problems.

•••
Nice!

They are one of the cheapest out there and they have nice domain control panel, but customer service is a bit slow

•••
Very value-for-money

The price is the cheapest you can get for PayPal, when you choose the basic plan. And you can hardley argue with the features if you choose basic. The interface can be confusing at times, but overall its average. The only time i had to deal with customer service the issue was fixed in under 5 minutes so thats gread. Overall 9/10

•••
they are very easy to use

they are very easy to use also their control panel goes at a better speed then hostway.

•••
Good prices!

good stable company; dont like the $1 increase in cost after the first year + control panel is too simple.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back