DomainSite.com

NameSilo
Watch

Veolus

Account Closed
Impact
Reviews and information for DomainSite.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have 50+ domains registered with them in this year. 10/10 ..,
Greatsite.com!!

•••
.info appears to cost 6.99, not 1.99

Is that right?

1.99 would be a bargain

•••
Inexpensive Quality Domain Registration

DomainSite offers inexpensive quality domain registration. For only $6.99, you can get your very own domain with tons of features including domain name server management, forwarding options, and much more. :)

I am quite impressed with their service. They accept payments via PayPal and/or credit card. Free push to other accounts are a MUST nowadays for domain brokerage, and with DomainSite, I have the oppurtunity to invest a small fortune of $7 to sell that for more!

DomainSite is simply superb. Fast payment processors, too! Easy to use, inexpensive, but with everything you'll need and want. :)

I give it a 10/10. :) DomainSite rocks!

•••
My mistake :(

Apparently we bought some names a long time ago, and never changed the name of the domainnameholder. So they seem to be our names :)

Sorry domainsite :guilty:

•••
I love domainsite, regging all my domains over there...

•••
Great Site!!

its a great domain registrar, registering is EASY but the Ease-of-Use isn't so good... I suppose when you figure it out its ok...

its a great domain registrar overall though!

•••
I love them but support service is very slow

I try to purchase 70us$ domains yesterday, there was some issue because 2 .us. name ( I am not us resident) I suspended the operstion and e-mailed them a question about....well 20hrs lasting and still have the domains on holding....
that's the only complaint I have.

•••
these days domainsite is doing very bad!

sorry to say I have been a satisfied customer for almost 1 year and i bought from them some hundred domains (not me alone but with some partner and friends) except dfor an episode that occoured month ago when the server was down for days and no a word at all from them...

The domain market is very delicate and in few circumstance needs a reliable system and a good support, these days I get stuck with Domain site both for the system reliabilit and the support.

1) I sent to them 3 help requests because I was not able to finalize a transaction! for each request I patiently wait 1 day, and still today I have no sign from them, I could have loose these domains (1 may be it is lost!)
2) there is something wrong in the system and to me it is no more reliable... I checked for domains and to them they appear to be available, but the same names appear to be unavailable at the NIC!
Not only I submitted a name search that I know it was available and for 5 or 6 times it resulted unavailable , then was available again.....
What to say, I will move from them.....I am not playing, this is business.
Shame on you guys.!

•••
Shows unavailable domains available

DomainSite showed me a few domains available when they werent available.

•••
Domainsite

i find domainsite great, its my primary registrar, all names i register i register via there.

The only thing i find wrong there is i cant seem to update whois for domains, i dunno how but everything is easy, if i emailed them im sure i would get great help

•••
I think they are great

I find them very good I just wish they would get .ca's so i can start buying them there.

•••
Affordable, but lots of errors!

Many domains says they are available, but they are not...

•••
**ALL SET***I just started to use them and I am trying to change the DNS and i get email with error 552? ...any ideas?? I sent them email 4 hrs ago and no answer yet.**ALL SET**
Rickyg

Last edited:
•••
Their registry is really messed up. Dont like it at all because it says 3 letter domains are available & they rnt..

•••
I am not as enthousiastic about DomainSite as I used to be... And that is because they do not list the (recently) expired names in my account (anymore... they used to list them for me until recently!?). I.e., if you want to renew names during, say, 30 or 45 days of their expiration there, you are out of luck, unless you are willing to pay an extra '$15 late charge'. This is what their site says about this:

If your domain name expires before you have a chance to renew it, please give us a call. For a short period of time, anywhere from 1 to 45 days, after a domain name expires, it is still available for renewal; however, at any time during this period and at our discretion, we may direct the central registry to delete the domain. If your expired domain fall in this period, and has not yet been deleted at the central registry, we can renew it for the standard renewal fee, plus a $15.00 late charge.

"Nice!" :(
The $15 is a charge that most other good registrars do not charge at all; they list expired domains in one's account and allow us to renew the names within 30 to 45 days, at no extra charge! Hmm, I guess their '$15 late charge' is how they make up for the cheap domain regs of $6.99 each ($1.99 for .info).

Rob

•••
going worse day after day

The site is completely down today...!
Not possible register a name, no possible to manage my names, trade ...nothing.....probably until monday or even later...if they will like to answer....

Take your own conclusion.

•••
Review

Just switched from GoDaddy and loving it. I can't believe how much money I would have saved if I just used DS instead. I've never seen such an easy to use web site and when being logged in, the speed is phenomenal. Couple that with an amazing price, lots of features, and good customer service and you got yourself a winning combination.

•••
Genialnames said:
probably until monday or even later...
Well, they're up for me right now..

•••
Also working for me :tu: but kind of slow :(

•••
This has been getting frustrating, lately dns changes have been a problem. Very buggy lately

•••
good company

little xpencive but good :)

•••
Good Registar

Pricing is very good, however I think the interface and features is lacking. Customer service is good, but I would rather pay a few extra dollars at a different registar with better features and interface.

Tom

•••
I really like DS but I just noticed that they're not the brightest people on earth. The google adsense found on top of their site usuall shows their competitors such as GoDaddy and other companies selling domains for cheaper than even DS. I wouldn't think this was the brightest move. Yes they make money from the ads, but on a professional level, it makes them seem a little silly.

•••
Not Bad

I discovered domainsite with the free .info promo and they are pretty good, I'm sticking with godaddy though!

•••
Very inexpensive

Cons:
Interface is slightly buggy, weekend support does not exist

pros:
cheap

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back