IT.COM

poll Domains with the word 'dot'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do domains with the word 'dot' pass the radio test? eg. DotThis.com, ThatDot.com

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, they always pass the radio test.

votes
    38.5%
  • Only if there's a word between the word 'dot' and the domain extension .com

votes
    15.4%
  • Only if the word 'dot' is part of the entire name eg. dotster.com

votes
    17.9%
  • They never pass the radio test.

votes
    28.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

BrandAptly.com

Established Member
Impact
I've stumble upon a domain name that I eagerly want to purchase. While it looks good in writing, I'm a bit conflicted as I am not sure how well it will perform on the radio test.

What are your thoughts about such domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
they are attractive. good keyword. good luck.

•••
depends on where the "dot" keyword is positioned in the domain. either way works I guess.

but I like it like this

keyword+dot.com

because just sounds cool when people have to say "dot dot com" or maybe it's not cool. just me. lol

Good luck!

•••
I would never purchase a domain with the word dot in it :xf.wink:

•••
•••
Ha! MapleDots works very well. It doesn't sound awkward because it's plural. But you know I had to check to see what was at MapleDot.com, right? :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Ha! MapleDots works very well. It doesn't sound awkward because it's plural. But you know I had to check to see what was at MapleDot.com, right? :xf.grin:

HeHe..... did you win a prize? - wait for it.....

•••

Not even this one? :laugh:
dotzi.png

•••
•••
•••
I like it when it's Colour+Dot.com for example--->BlueDot.com, very easy to visualize.

•••
I like it when it's Colour+Dot.com for example--->BlueDot.com, very easy to visualize.

Or this....

Picture0010.png

Technically I could skip the word red and just do a red dot with the word ca in it.

Red.ca - you can play with the dot and in my case the logo will probably end up with a simple red dot between red and ca.

•••
I had a quick look at NamBio sales including dot or dots (list here with a few irrelevant names captured) and it seems that both dot and dots are popular and both at start and as last word. I may analyze it more when I have time.

Yeah I suppose having a word between dot and extension, or if at end being dots, passes Radio Test better, but I don't see it as a problem. BlueDot.com and BlueDot.ca are both 5-figure sales, for example.

Bob

•••
I had a quick look at NamBio sales including dot or dots (list here with a few irrelevant names captured) and it seems that both dot and dots are popular and both at start and as last word. I may analyze it more when I have time.
Bob

That is a decent list of 100 " dot " names sold as far as their sales prices go - the lowest of the top 100 being 2k and the highest hitting 300000+.

Most, though surely not all were sold several years ago although noticed a few 2018 / 2019 nice sales listed.

An in-depth analysis re " dot " names would be interesting.

•••
It doesnt and I would not use it for a business. Saying dot dot twice is not good, you would need to explain the first word is actually a word and not a point :-P

•••
•••
It doesnt and I would not use it for a business. Saying dot dot twice is not good, you would need to explain the first word is actually a word and not a point :-P

If it can be visualized then it makes sense as a brand, otherwise I agree with your point.

BlueDot.com ---->.
RedDot.com----->.

•••
I have Dot/Watcher/.com. /Dot/Watcher/.cc - is GPS tracking maps for bikers.

•••
•••
I used to own many dot names, I can still see one of mine 'dot' name over BP.

dotonic.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
I have & am building out DotCom.Domains , not that I think it's particularly valuable... I just like saying it.

If I were being critical of it - it's not a "radio test" name. Yes, the words are easy & make sense - but no one expects the contextual mix up, so you have to explain it. But, it sticks once you get it - at least for me.

I like a bunch of the ones posted above, agree that dot+keyword is interesting dot/. goes back to be a bit confusing (IMO).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back