Domain Empire

Domains by mail

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
Do you guys think it is worth creating a double opt-in mailing site to sell domain names? If you are an active registreant or name buyer, it seems to make sense to build a list of prospective buyers, and to keep them informed of the latest acquisitions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm surprised that this thread didn't get any replies or interest, especially when one sees the number of posts about outbound marketing and mailing.

I was also surprised to see that somebody had let the domain name Domains by Mail.com drop, so I grabbed it. I've put a mail handling CMS on it to see how it goes.

•••
Do you guys think it is worth creating a double opt-in mailing site to sell domain names? If you are an active registreant or name buyer, it seems to make sense to build a list of prospective buyers, and to keep them informed of the latest acquisitions.

Yes, it does. I think FX did mention that he has a list of buyers which he had gathered over the years. But how do you go about it,considering your domains will each serve different purpose?

•••
I'm using phplist, and that allows for users to have attributes. If a user gives himself a "financial" attribute, then I can restrict his mailing to financial newsletters only. At least this is the way I hope it will work. The mailing isn't for a specific domain, but for recent acquisitions in various categories.

I might try RSS feeds for individual sales, but that is some way in the future.

•••
I think building legitimate, opted-in email lists is the priority for just about all websites these days. You have "open-source" softwares giving away their product free to everyone and never getting 1 paid user, all the while racking up tons of money through email lists.

So definitely, this makes perfect sense. Congrats on your relevant domain registration!

•••
Thanks Boxio. I just felt that if somone visits my for sale landing page, and leaves, that is a real wasted resource. I don't want to sell the lists though, I'd rather use them to sell my domains, or promote services that I know and like.

•••
Yes, this is probably what your subscribers would prefer, as well :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back