IT.COM

discuss Domains Best Selling Combo Strategy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TopBrandsForSale

NameFinest.comUpgraded Member
Impact
Hi, I'm actually listing my domains on Afternic, Sedo, and Dan.com plus some brandable on SH, BB, and BP.

Since I'm a landing page expert designer I never fully liked the lack of customization of these providers.

I'm wondering if it is worth trying another combination, such as keeping my domains on my own website using the SH WhiteLabel option or creating my own domain e-commerce store with WordPress and WooCommerce.

Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could pay $7 million dollars for a 30 second Superbowl half time advert, but if they are not good names they may never sell. I go through my own domains on a daily basis and tweak the pricing of a few here and there as the market determines.

Just if you have time, go back 10 pages on the announced sales page on NP and see what the constant winning combination seems to be. Once you have discovered the secret sauce you can apply it to your own domains.

There are many different places and many different ways to sell our domain names, but just sitting back and waiting doesn't always work for every name.

Good luck on your journey.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
I think the perfect choice is your own wordpress store landing page plus listing in dan afternic and sedo, and escrot for payment in you store, like brandable marketplaces do, rather than sending your trafic( buyers) to any marketplace.
I plan to do that but I don't have enought money and knowledge, and I don't see any resource in the net to how to build that.
Wish you success, and happy if you can tell me about your success soon (:
I always read your posts, from the start , I know that one day you will be a successful domainer(:

•••
I think the perfect choice is your own wordpress store landing page plus listing in dan afternic and sedo, and escrot for payment in you store, like brandable marketplaces do, rather than sending your trafic( buyers) to any marketplace.
I plan to do that but I don't have enought money and knowledge, and I don't see any resource in the net to how to build that.
Wish you success, and happy if you can tell me about your success soon (:
I always read your posts, from the start , I know that one day you will be a successful domainer(:
Yes this is what I want to do.

I was wondering if anyone has done this before and what experience they had

•••
You could pay $7 million dollars for a 30 second Superbowl half time advert, but if they are not good names they may never sell. I go through my own domains on a daily basis and tweak the pricing of a few here and there as the market determines.

Just if you have time, go back 10 pages on the announced sales page on NP and see what the constant winning combination seems to be. Once you have discovered the secret sauce you can apply it to your own domains.

There are many different places and many different ways to sell our domain names, but just sitting back and waiting doesn't always work for every name.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg
Yes, ofc, without any doubts.

Anyway, the landing page is very important as well.

•••
[/QUOTE]
I think there are few domainers that use this business model, some use just there own landers, some use efty and a few wordpress.
For payment some use escrot, dan and godaddy, if not two or three payment method, you can't use paypal as a payment method it's a risky payment method, I think 2checkout( now verifone) is a good method.
For inspiration you can just google it and you will find a lot of successful site, I don't know if I can tag them here.
Now or in the near future we will see a huge wave of domainers doing that, it's like the dropshipping wave, when sellers move from ebay, etsy and amazon to shopify, wordpress, volusion and big commerce.
I'm a shopify website builder, and also an ex-shopify store owner. And I think there is opportunity in building a brandable domain store in a niche, even with small portfolio. Because like that you will build also a community of repeating buyers for long term business and with a low commission if you use dan or daaz or a plateform of your choice and promote your portfolio in sedo godaddy dan in the same time...
Last I hope that an experienced domainer can give us his point of view.
Thnks

•••
Yes this is what I want to do.

Would you mind sharing your wordpress landing page? Would love to see an example.

•••

Rgrds,

Reddstagg
Correct, I don't believe on Sedo, afternic, dan etc.. for domain selling because there are randoms domains with different categories. This makes buyers to be confused, second reason is they do not provide direct contact with seller.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back