IT.COM

discuss Domains and Phonetics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I have noticed a few more domains popping up that are being advertised on the radio. It has gotten me to thinking. Wrynt = Rent . . .

Think names like this that do not pass the "radio" test have upside at all?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
And then they're likely to also spell it as dood instead of duud ;)
So can't get around spelling it out for them anyway

I'll see how it goes. I think duud is good ;)

•••
I'll see how it goes. I think duud is good ;)
Oh yes. I did not mean to imply it is not. Not all good domains necessarily pass the radio test.

•••
The Coca-Cola name in China, for example, was initially rendered as “ke-kou-ke-la” on thousands of signs before it was found that the meaning of the phrase was either “bite the wax tadpole” or “female horse stuffed with wax" .

I found this quote whilst researching something else. :)

•••
I have noticed a few more domains popping up that are being advertised on the radio. It has gotten me to thinking. Wrynt = Rent . . .

Think names like this that do not pass the "radio" test have upside at all?

Absolutely not

•••
"Reddit" is not similar. It's a catchy name and has relevant meaning to the site content, and is fine for the type of site/business it is.

Rental based companies should have a quality business sounding name, "Wrynt" is a terrible tacky name for a business of that nature IMO. It's not clear, and it reads as "rint" more than it does "rent". The silent "w" just makes it worse.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back