Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Domains alias

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

freelancewell

Established Member
Impact
0
hi ,
i am using domain alias to direct one domain to another .

the nice thing that url stays the same and you would not notice that this is a different domain ..

but is this bad for SEO ?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
If the content is the same for both sites, then you'll get penalized due to duplicate content.
 
0
•••
could u explain better??, i was wondering the same but ur answer is complicated :S
 
0
•••
I have the same question. I dont think it was answered properly.

If you have 1 domain and point it to another domain VIA a CName record in your domain control pannel. Does this cause a penalty with search engines? Is it duplicate content since you can access the same server from both domains?
 
0
•••
If you don't want duplicate content panelty do a 301 Redirect from 1 domain to the main domain. That way, the main domain will get PR.

If both domains have same content, then search engines see that as duplicate content and both of the urls will not rank well.
 
0
•••
eCommando said:
If you don't want duplicate content panelty do a 301 Redirect from 1 domain to the main domain. That way, the main domain will get PR.

If both domains have same content, then search engines see that as duplicate content and both of the urls will not rank well.

Perfect thanks thats the answer I needed,

I have .com|.net|.org|.info|.biz

So If I do a 301 redirect with the other domains to the .com I will get PR for the .com?
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back