Domain Empire

discuss Domaining....What Keeps you in the Game?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
First...i'd like to apologize to those of my friends who are offended by my referring to domaining as a Game, but rest assured it's just a euphemism (intended to amuse:xf.smile:). Like no two snowflakes being exactly alike, no two domainers are here for the exact same reasons.

I know some of you are here to make a living, put a roof over your heads and to put food on your table. Some of you are here part time and simply enjoy domaining like it's a puppy or your best friend. Then some of you are here because you're a hobbyist, and it's no different than those who enjoy the slots, blackjack, or the lottery.

I'm here because I enjoy a challenge, especially the challenge of learning about something new and looking for ways to improve it and make it better. This in addition to the fact that I've been naming things all my life from businesses, to dogs, to boats, to nicknames to regions of the world like "757" a rebranding of what was formerly known as "Hampton Roads".

I know some of you have been around this industry since 2000 or before, but I need to remind you My Mantra is "Make Something Happen" for which I registered the domain almost 20 years ago. Like I said, I've been naming things my whole life and that's what keeps me in the game. What keeps you in the game?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If anyone is a "hoarder" it is Versign. As the registry they have a monopoly and control over every .COM.
They don't even own the extension. They are just allowed to operate it under contract.

That monopoly is a license to print money. For them to complain about it is ridiculous in the first place.

The .COM price would go down massively if the extension was open for public bidding. They are really adding limited value to the system themselves.

Brad
I gotta hand it to you there. They do have a monopoly, but it's coming to an end. Everything is relative however...I paid just 7.99 ($6.00 Verisign's portion) for MidAtlanticBrands.com, and one of the more famous hoarders is asking $24,888 for AtlanticBrands.com.... my first choice. Who would you say is the biggest hoarder in that case Brad?

•••
Who would you say is the biggest hoarder in that case Brad?

I don't really think of anyone who owns domains as a "hoarder". There is always a financial risk as there is an initial and holding cost. That is an investment, not "hoarding" imo.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Domaining....What Keeps you in the Game?

> $

I'm dying to find out, how much are you selling Bulloney .com for? Can i make you a offer

Last edited:
•••
Oh wow .. what a surprise .. yet another post where @ThatNameGuy starts a random conversation .. but AGAIN .. with the actual true purpose of trashing others while continuing to claim relevance by boasting completely non-relevant things he's done in the past ... For the 1,000,000th time .. just because you named some random businesses does not mean in any way that you know anything about the domain industry. If anything all you've proven with this and all your other posts is how little you understand domains and the industry.

Oh wow .. now there's "innovation" !!! :xf.rolleyes::banghead: .. Seriously .. so essentially you're diminishing the perceived value of domains to ZERO while the rest of us work to actually get end-users to see and understand the VALUE in domains!

Not only that .. but now it seems your new business model is to childishly guilt people into paying you for fear that they'll get a bad reputation for looking cheap? You keep pointing fingers at others, but maybe it's time you look at yourself in the mirror!

All I see here is you planning to disrupt the domain industry .. by turning it into a joke. :xf.confused::xf.eek:

Is it working? I'm trying:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back