Dynadot

domaingang.com article today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainscp

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hey all, was wondering if anyone checked out todays article on domaingang.com about cybersquating and our two presidential candidates?

here is a link:
http://domaingang.com/domain-news/obama-or-romney-domainers-pbs-and-the-economy/

While I didnt get a chance to catch the debate last night, was wondering if this topic actually came up and if it did what does everyone think of it?

If it did come up what is going to become of domaining?

Does this mean you can take Joe the honest domain name investor who has plucked down 30k on a dot com name with no trade mark infringements that is well worth that and the second someone comes up with a business that has the same name as what Joe owns then Joe has to give up what he has at whatever price the business owners want it at?

If the above case is not THE CASE then what is going on with this? Is this only sticking with the obvious trademark names?

Or does this pertain to trademark names and all of the new extensions that come out?

For those of us with a valuable dot com that is not parked are we going to be in trouble?

All thought welcomed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Read the About Us on the site.

•••
What a bunch of hooey!

No, domaining did not come up.

This is pure political BS by the author.

•••
iowadog its always a pleasure, so its safe to say this is a non issue?

•••
What a bunch of hooey!

No, domaining did not come up.

Someone has no sense of humor.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Hey all, was wondering if anyone checked out todays article on domaingang.com about cybersquating and our two presidential candidates?

here is a link:
http://domaingang.com/domain-news/obama-or-romney-domainers-pbs-and-the-economy/

While I didnt get a chance to catch the debate last night, was wondering if this topic actually came up and if it did what does everyone think of it?

If it did come up what is going to become of domaining?

Does this mean you can take Joe the honest domain name investor who has plucked down 30k on a dot com name with no trade mark infringements that is well worth that and the second someone comes up with a business that has the same name as what Joe owns then Joe has to give up what he has at whatever price the business owners want it at?

If the above case is not THE CASE then what is going on with this? Is this only sticking with the obvious trademark names?

Or does this pertain to trademark names and all of the new extensions that come out?

For those of us with a valuable dot com that is not parked are we going to be in trouble?

All thought welcomed.

I have no idea how you dug all that from that rather short parody article.

•••
Someone has no sense of humor.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

I have no idea how you dug all that from that rather short parody article.

Send three and four pence we are going to a dance!

•••
•••

What do you expect from a political illiterate?

Do you ever wonder why the site peddles in parody? it's certainly not for laughs, As one poster put it;

I am also sick of your parody game. When it suits you it is news and when it suits you it is parody.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back