IT.COM

budget: above $5000 Domainer Dojo Brand Name needed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you think about the idea of Domainer Dojos?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • No, just no, definitely no

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
As some folks here know, I am interested in concepts that co-create abundance.

I happen to believe that domains are a great tool for doing that because their cost of goods is very low compared to their potential upside if you know what you are doing. Domains are also portable wealth but unlike cryptos, if you lose them you can still find them!

So, I have been thinking for some time about the concept of a network of "Domain Dojos" in cool places around the world with relatively inexpensive fixed costs but with great facilities for sustainable power, really fast internet connections, close proximity to quality of life, e.g. restaurants, beaches, etc.

Since we hired @Chairul avif in Jakarta and have @franka46 on the team, who used to spend a lot of time in Indonesia, the logical place to start is probably in Indonesia. The concept could be replicated to many locations around the world. We'll make it easy to pay for your stuff from your Masterbucks account.

So, I am looking for a brand name. Here are the attributes:

- Domain should be a .COM without a hyphen
- SLD not more than 12 characters long
- The name should sound a bit aspirational
- It should imply a lifestyle - this will be a lifestyle brand

The brand name should also be versatile enough to extend to a solution for a cruise ship, i.e. a cruise vessel that is not domicile. That concept is not new, but it is new for the domain community. Example:

https://aboardtheworld.com/

The cruise vessel can then make ports of call near the Dojo locations. That sounds like a cool lifestyle to me. My wife probably won't go for the Dojo part, but put her in stateroom with a nice balcony and she is totally game. Here is my wife and I cruising in the Greek islands the summer before last:

cruise-dojo.jpg

If this gets started, we'll need a Product Manager -- more about recruiting here. Whoever runs this product line had better know something about chartering cruise vessels!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
So, I have been thinking for some time about the concept of a network of "Domain Dojos" in cool places around the world with relatively inexpensive fixed costs but with great facilities for sustainable power, really fast internet connections, close proximity to quality of life, e.g. restaurants, beaches, etc.

DomainDojos.com is available to register

•••
•••
Apparently, some folks don't know what a Dojo is. You can look it up but here is an example of a co-working Dojo for entrepreneurs in Indonesia:

There are crypto Dojos but this would be a Dojo that places an emphasis on Digital Empowerment and Domain investing projects.

•••
So, I am looking for a brand name. Here are the attributes:

- Domain should be a .COM without a hyphen
- SLD not more than 12 characters long
- The name should sound a bit aspirational
- It should imply a lifestyle - this will be a lifestyle brand

I might have a nice one

dunr.png

•••
•••
•••
It would help if we knew what kind of keywords you prefer.

•••
It would help if we knew what kind of keywords you prefer.

I did not want to be too prescriptive but I do like Greek and Latin words, or at least words that stem from Greek and Latin roots because they tend to be not English centric.

The domain Ethereal.com is for sale on Epik. That is a pretty cool name but it too close to Ethereum and people would think it is for crypto people. We are thinking bigger.

Tokiville.com, like Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, could work but I think it is too much describing a physical place rather than a lifestyle.

I like:

- Co-Creation
- Abundance
- Sovereignty
- Truth
- Wisdom
- Empowerment

That's a start for the namespinners.

•••
My entries, all .com:

ExcelSpace

Rioo (fun name, can put any meaning behind, two "o"s can make a smiley face)

Jaiy (play on Jay bird or J letter)

LVRG (Leverage)

Convening

PlusOnes

Flamingoes (to symbolize the freedom to move around the world, to places that are nice and warm)

TheCannon (Launching, Mobility)

Mandriano (Sheppard/Cowboy in Italian)

AtDrift

ReLocus - Locus means "a center of activity, attention, or concentration". Re- adds the meaning of change to it, like in "re-location". So center of activity/attention/concentration that can shift to another place.

•••
My entries, all .com:

ExcelSpace

Rioo (fun name, can put any meaning behind, two "o"s can make a smiley face)

Jaiy (play on Jay bird or J letter)

LVRG (Leverage)

Convening

PlusOnes

Flamingoes (to symbolize the freedom to move around the world, to places that are nice and warm)

TheCannon (Launching, Mobility)

Mandriano (Sheppard/Cowboy in Italian)

AtDrift

ReLocus - Locus means "a center of activity, attention, or concentration". Re- adds the meaning of change to it, like in "re-location". So center of activity/attention/concentration that can shift to another place.
'
Locus is a cool Latin root. The others not so much.

FreeSpace and Freedom are themes, but I don't want to get drawn back into the Free Speech drama and have people spin up stories about Digital Guerrillas in the Indonesian jungle so tread carefully there.

•••
'
Locus is a cool Latin root. The others not so much.

FreeSpace and Freedom are themes, but I don't want to get drawn back into the Free Speech drama and have people spin up stories about Digital Guerrillas in the Indonesian jungle so tread carefully there.

Yeah, I thought of something similar when I saw Relocus. Coworking that provides mobility, relocation services etc.

If it were my project, however, I'd go with Flamingoes... Easy logo concept, one of the most iconic animals that migrate around the world choosing the best spots. They have freedom of choice and they choose the same destinations as the best fit. So it'd be not just a name, but the whole brand story.

•••
Yeah, I thought of something similar when I saw Relocus. Coworking that provides mobility, relocation services etc.

If it were my project, however, I'd go with Flamingoes... Easy logo concept, one of the most iconic animals that migrate around the world choosing the best spots. They have freedom of choice and they choose the same destinations as the best fit. So it'd be not just a name, but the whole brand story.

Ok, let's test Flamingoes.com. I think it is a tough one on spelling, but you could have fun with the branding and the logowear. I am not a pink guy, but I am adaptable there.

•••
Not sure what a Dojo is, but perhaps Collab.org would be better... Not a .com though.. Collab.com would be legit.

•••
Not sure what a Dojo is, but perhaps Collab.org would be better... Not a .com though.. Collab.com would be legit.

Price for that one?

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Digiful.com Rob, this is the best domain and super brandable 😉

•••
•••
dojo know I sent a good one : )

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back