IT.COM

Domain Dojo - Brand Selection Poll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What would be a great name for a global network of cool domainer-friendly co-working spaces?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Last weekend, I introduced the idea of a "Domain Dojo" or a Domainer-friendly co-working space. Since then we received a number of domain submissions for possible use as brand names for this innovative concept that is currently in the planning stage as part of a larger expansion plan that centers on co-creation.

The basic premise here is that full-time domainers can live almost anywhere. The inherent nature of the industry is that in many ways it can be highly liberating in terms of work location. And yet most domainers are probably living in the same city or town they were living in before they became a domain investor.

In the meantime, there are places in the world where Digital Nomads have become highly productive. You can find entire directories but here is a typical Dojo in a beach community in Indonesia:

There are a growing number of so-called Dojos, that combine community, lodging, dining, and co-working, often strategically placed near beaches and typically with low operating costs.

There are a staggering number of beautiful places in the world with great Internet service, so why be tied down if you don't need to be. I am personally quite fond of Las Palmas in Gran Canarias, in North Africa, a popular destination for Digital Nomads. Others are fond of places like Ubud, Seychelles, Mauritius, Gozo, etc.

For those of us who regularly attend domain conferences like NamesCon, there is clearly a vibrant domain community. However, this is just once per year. So the thinking of this project is to establish a network of Dojos, where domainers can meet, cooperate, learn from each other, and co-create abundance.

As I know a growing number of people in the industry, and know their respective strengths and capabilities, I see opportunities every day to connect dots and help make things happen that might otherwise not happen. Given the right environment, we could all be doing a lot more of that, online and offline. That's the idea.

With that as context, please help select a domain that would fit the Domainer Dojo Lifestyle!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I prefer DOMUNITY.com.
It has a meaning of Domain/er Community.
Good in pronouncing, and easy to remember. and...
Someday, Domunity will be an entry of Merriam-Webster dictionary, as a new word means domainer community in the world.
Thanks

•••
I like namedojo.com like some people said. I know it's not in the list but still.

•••
Isn't Dojo some kind of japanese karate

•••
Isn't Dojo some kind of japanese karate

It is that -- a word described where martial arts training takes place. The "baggage" is one reason for going with "Tokiville" instead of "Dojo", even though many people do know what a Dojo is these days when it comes to remote co-working spaces.

•••
It is that -- a word described where martial arts training takes place. The "baggage" is one reason for going with "Tokiville" instead of "Dojo", even though many people do know what a Dojo is these days when it comes to remote co-working spaces.

So this will be like wework?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back