IT.COM

Domain value

NameSilo
Watch

Shashank Tyagi

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone, I am new to domain industry and purchsed 2 domains in hurry without any study on them and now i am unable to sell them but that's ok. Today i want you help on something, i found a 7 letter domain available that consist of 2 words. When i checked it's value on estibot, it shows $80. What do you guys think, should i invest in this domain and if i do so, can you predict how much will i be able to sell it for in future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here and on many other topics in NPs we see a wealth of different viewpoints, often very vigorously expressed.

I offer the following reflections.

1. We should only allow experts to give domain investing advice. (see also 2)
2. Expert, noun, Person who has made every possible mistake in some area of study. (source unknown)
3. I think most of us are becoming experts, and I for one welcome a wealth of viewpoints and advice.

I am trying to be humourous (while I work at becoming an expert, see 2 :-D). But being serious, I guess this is to urge us all to be open and respectful of different viewpoints, and those of us offering advice to always do so with a genuine interest in being helpful.

Have a nice day everyone, and thank you to the incredible people on this forum who offer so much expertise and time so generously.

•••
I suggest ignore everyone and just stick to your conviction.

Some pundits here told me rethrill.com is worth zero and am in the negotiation process with 2 prospects to hopefully sell it in mid $xxxx

Bottom line is 98% of the inventory does not sell anyway...Take a chance!

are you the same guy who said most domains that sell and show on namebio sales are pigeonshit?

•••
Guys, i don't want to invest big and wait for couple of years. I wanted to invest in quick flippings with small profit. What do you suggest?

I mean if trying to sell quickly can try on NPs or elsewhere an auction. However, as you will see, even many domains with tiny starting bids don't sell. The more energy you put into seeking potential purchasers, may lead to a higher probability of success. Others can give more precise numbers, but even in .com the majority of domains that people register will not sell in even the first year, however. Good luck, but if rapid domain flipping for quick profit was easy, well this community would be even larger.

•••
Guys, i don't want to invest big and wait for couple of years. I wanted to invest in quick flippings with small profit. What do you suggest?

Ok, that's a legit business model.

But fundamentally, the primary factor remains the choice of the "right" domains.

•••
I mean if trying to sell quickly can try on NPs or elsewhere an auction. However, as you will see, even many domains with tiny starting bids don't sell. The more energy you put into seeking potential purchasers, may lead to a higher probability of success. Others can give more precise numbers, but even in .com the majority of domains that people register will not sell in even the first year, however. Good luck, but if rapid domain flipping for quick profit was easy, well this community would be even larger.

Case in Point: augm.com
Creation Date - 2004
Listed and Unsold at - $6,150
Considering augmented reality being a hot sector, a newbie like me would have listed this at $25000 and would have hoped for a flip in less than a month:xf.smile:

Always enjoy reading your posts @MetBob, Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
Rather than just say it, lets put things into practice first.

In this example, I'll use two domains, a recent acquisition of mine compared to a stupid domain I handregged back when I started in 2016 :

fQKGTb5.png

Tool used: https://instantdomainsearch.com

See the difference?

If you want to buy the .com there has to be several tlds taken imho for it to be a worthwhile investment. 10+ TLDS taken tells me that there is at least some kind of commercial interest in using the name. If they are NO TLDS taken when you try to register the .com don't register it unless you understand brandables or have advanced knowledge of an upcoming generic product or trend otherwise you'll end up like I did back in 2016 with a crappy domain that can't be resold for even $0.01 :xf.grin:. This is what experienced domainers are trying to show domain beginners. If you want to buy low and sell high or flip quickly at a liquidation value, you need to buy domains that have demand and more often than not, these domains have already been registered by someone else for many years. You'll come to a better understanding of this over time as there are other aspects that need to be accounted for that can also affect value, but just focus on TLD's taken for now.

That is the most important piece of advice I can give you. Everything else can be learned through reading the domain beginners thread, following sales and making mistakes. If you can keep an open mind you'll do very well in the domaining niche. The opportunities are endless.

On a side note: If you want to make quick flips for small profit, your best bet is getting into liquid domains. Probably start with 4 Letter.coms.

Check out Namebio.com for past sales and Shortnames.com to begin learning about the dynamics of highly liquid domain markets. It's going to take time. Don't rush it. Analyze the charts, take notes.....treat this like any serious business if you want to make money, because it won't come easy.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••

In this example, I'll use two domains, a recent acquisition of mine compared to a stupid domain I handregged back when I started in 2016 :

fQKGTb5.png

See the difference?

If you want to buy the .com there has to be several tlds taken imho for it to be a worthwhile investment. 10+ TLDS taken tells me that there is at least some kind of commercial interest in using the name. If they are NO TLDS taken when you try to register the .com don't register it unless you understand brandables or have advanced knowledge of an upcoming generic product or trend otherwise you'll end up like I did back in 2016 with a crappy domain that can't be resold for even $0.01 :xf.grin:. This is what experienced domainers are trying to show domain beginners. If you want to buy low and sell high or flip quickly at a liquidation value, you need to buy domains that have demand and more often than not, these domains have already been registered by someone else for many years. You'll come to a better understanding of this over time as there are other aspects that need to be accounted for that can also affect value, but just focus on TLD's taken for now.

That is the most important piece of advice I can give you. Everything else can be learned through reading the domain beginners thread, following sales and making mistakes. If you can keep an open mind you'll do very well in the domaining niche. The opportunities are endless.

On a side note: If you want to make quick flips for small profit, your best bet is getting into liquid domains. Probably start with 4 Letter.coms.

Check out Namebio.com for past sales and Shortnames.com to begin learning about the dynamics of highly liquid domain markets. It's going to take time. Don't rush it. Analyze the charts, take notes.....treat this like any serious business if you want to make money, because it won't come easy.

Good luck!

Thank you for being so generous and we really appreciate the information and advice you have given.

•••

fQKGTb5.png

See the difference?

Good luck!

Great Advice

•••

fQKGTb5.png

See the difference?

Good luck!
Thanks man, i think i found my answer...... this is what i was looking for..... you were of great help...... can you share your contact details, if i feel like purchasing a domain name, i will consult with you first.

•••
Hey stub

Sorry, my post was some very thinly veiled sarcasm, I was trying to be funny. As in please don't waste any more money, but if you're giving it away it might as well be to me. :xf.laugh:

I traditionally do not drop domains, I might drop a few .ca's here and there but my .com's every time I drop one it ends up on huge domains and I get annoyed. I'd rather pay the ten bucks.
That is annoying. I couldn't get an offer on it now it's on HD for $3,700 or what ever they price every domain at.
@Shashank Tyagi Take these pros advice and read, then you will know a little more.

•••
That is annoying. I couldn't get an offer on it now it's on HD for $3,700 or what ever they price every domain at.
@Shashank Tyagi Take these pros advice and read, then you will know a little more.
I will, Thanks

•••
•••
Alright guys, i am not the type of guy who surrenders easily, i learn from my mistakes and always try to fight till the end. The two domains that i purchased were Shoppersplatform.com (keyword: shoppers + platform) and Bitcoinsuser.com (keyword: Bitcoins + user).

And when i was purchasing them i considered the fact that i might not be able to sell them so what else can i do with them. So now i am converting the Bitcoinsuser.com in an automated news website and i already have done lots of work on that, you can check it out.

But i still respect your suggestions and waiting for more.

actually your domains are not as bad as it could have been
keep them
renew them

make them stick in front of your computer
and re-evalute them for the next 10 years daily

re-think about
why you registered them
and who is the right buyer

then sell it to them

Last edited:
•••
actually your domains are not as bad as it could have been
keep them
renew them

make them stick in front of your computer
and re-evalute them for the next 10 years daily

re-think about
why you registered them
and who is the right buyer

then sell it to them
"Buyer" is what i am looking for. Like most of you said that on namepros there are lots of middle man or brokers but can you suggest me how can i contact the buyers directly or how can i find the right buyer for the domains.

•••
"Buyer" is what i am looking for. Like most of you said that on namepros there are lots of middle man or brokers but can you suggest me how can i contact the buyers directly or how can i find the right buyer for the domains.
Brokers you can find in the wanted section and you can do research on the internet to who these domains might benefit, then you email them with your offer or "sales pitch".--Good luck

•••
Brokers you can find in the wanted section and you can do research on the internet to who these domains might benefit, then you email them with your offer or "sales pitch".--Good luck
Does that work? I mean just searching on internet and then shooting an email directly?

•••
Does that work? I mean just searching on internet and then shooting an email directly?
If it is a domain that will benefit the company you are selling it to then yeah it is that easy, but you have to email the right peeson at that company. You can find company email formats at rocketreach.com and you can find people who work at the company you want to sell your domain to on social media platforms like linkden.com, facebook.com and others.

•••
sometimes accessing and learning the right material becomes tiresome and difficult and even leaves one confused. I think choosing the right domaining course or an ebook can be helpful and time-saving for you.

•••

that you should know before your register / buy a domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back