Dynadot

Domain value

NameSilo
Watch

Shashank Tyagi

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone, I am new to domain industry and purchsed 2 domains in hurry without any study on them and now i am unable to sell them but that's ok. Today i want you help on something, i found a 7 letter domain available that consist of 2 words. When i checked it's value on estibot, it shows $80. What do you guys think, should i invest in this domain and if i do so, can you predict how much will i be able to sell it for in future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi everyone, I purchsed 2 domains in hurry without any study on them and now i am unable to sell them but that's ok. Today i want you help on something, i found a 7 letter domain available that consist of 2 words. When i checked it's value on estibot, it shows $80. What do you guys think, should i invest in this domain and if i do so, can you predict how much will i be able to sell it for in future?

so you didn't study cuz you was in a hurry and can't sell them

now, you went out and found another domain and found the bot to check it with?

do you can that study?

keep your money in your pocket and keep reading the forum

imo...

•••
I agree with Biggie you need to dedicate as much time as possible to reading the forum and learning what makes a domain valuable, how is the current market looking? What is on most demand? I am sure you have so many questions and remember the answers are here all you need to do is invest your time.

- Will

•••
Don't listen to any of them @Shashank Tyagi

You need to send me the 80 bucks because I have a couple of great domains on my drop list that would be perfect for you. Why waste the money on mediocre registrations when you can contribute to my renewal fund and procure a couple of domains already rejected by current namepros members. This way you can skip this process entirely and devote that time to making more money for your future endeavors.

•••
Don't listen to any of them @Shashank Tyagi

You need to send me the 80 bucks because I have a couple of great domains on my drop list that would be perfect for you. Why waste the money on mediocre registrations when you can contribute to my renewal fund and procure a couple of domains already rejected by current namepros members. This way you can skip this process entirely and devote that time to making more money for your future endeavors.

Please PM me your list of dropping domains :)

•••
Please PM me your list of dropping domains :)

Hey stub

Sorry, my post was some very thinly veiled sarcasm, I was trying to be funny. As in please don't waste any more money, but if you're giving it away it might as well be to me. :xf.laugh:

I traditionally do not drop domains, I might drop a few .ca's here and there but my .com's every time I drop one it ends up on huge domains and I get annoyed. I'd rather pay the ten bucks.

•••
Hey stub

Sorry, my post was some very thinly veiled sarcasm, I was trying to be funny. As in please don't waste any more money, but if you're giving it away it might as well be to me. :xf.laugh:

I traditionally do not drop domains, I might drop a few .ca's here and there but my .com's every time I drop one it ends up on huge domains and I get annoyed. I'd rather pay the ten bucks.

My smilie was also a hint at sarcasm :(

•••
My smilie was also a hint at sarcasm :(

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh man, thats funny...... now you know what they say about sarcasm

It's wasted on all but a few :ROFL:

•••
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh man, thats funny...... now you know what they say about sarcasm

It's wasted on all but a few :ROFL:

Yep. Even those who use it. Don't recognize it :)

•••
Alright guys, i am not the type of guy who surrenders easily, i learn from my mistakes and always try to fight till the end. The two domains that i purchased were Shoppersplatform.com (keyword: shoppers + platform) and Bitcoinsuser.com (keyword: Bitcoins + user).

And when i was purchasing them i considered the fact that i might not be able to sell them so what else can i do with them. So now i am converting the Bitcoinsuser.com in an automated news website and i already have done lots of work on that, you can check it out.

But i still respect your suggestions and waiting for more.

•••
Waiting for more suggestions.

•••
:xf.rolleyes:

waiting-for-something.jpg

•••
Before purchasing a domain, I would suggest that you do the following:
  1. Use Namebio to search on similar keywords and see what they have sold for and when. With respect to that, also consider if it is likely interest in the topic is increasing or now.
  2. Ask yourself who would want the domain name you are considering, and how they might use it. Be creative, but realistic. A second person going over your list will be a reality check.
  3. If you did have the domain, how would you go about trying to sell it? Don't register/buy until you have a selling plan.
  4. Do you have expertise/knowledge/background in the area that would give you more confidence in the name?
  5. Go to GoDaddy free GoValue and see what it tells you the domain is worth. Now don't get excited that you are sure it can quickly get that, but it is a reality check, even if an automated one. Also, look at the comparators they list and what they sold for. This will likely expand the list that Namebio provided.
  6. Now go to Estibot, another automated service (5 are free per day) and see what they say it is worth. Estibot looks at different things (mainly search popularity and CPC, ad competition, etc.). They may give you a few comparators, but it is the search data that is most valuable here. If they say it is worthless, check if it is because they have misunderstood the word (e.g. split two words wrong). If you can't justify why they say it is not worth much, think carefully before buying the domain name.
  7. If not a .com, look at the success of that extension, and also look at which of the other main extensions are operational and how.
  8. If a .com or .net or .org, consider which of the new domain names might offer competition. For example if you have homeloans(.)com is home(.)loans available and would it be preferred? ( I heard it sold for a few bucks lately :-/).
  9. Not all would agree, but I would plan your exit plan before you buy it. Like I will renew it once and if it still doesn't sell, then it drops. And, I would like to get x$ for it, but I would accept y$ and feel I have done alright.
  10. Make double sure that there are no obvious trademark issues.
  11. Especially if it is a major purchase, sleep on your proposed sale, and see if you feel as sure the next day. Some of us set a limit on how many domains we buy, or how often, to help being too impulsive. Often when we first see a domain name we like it more than we do a few days later.

Really, if you don't have the time to do an analysis involving at least some of the above, I personally would not invest in a domain name. It's not easy to sell domain names. Having the right names increase your chance.

Best of luck in your domain activities.

Bob

•••
The two domains that i purchased were Shoppersplatform.com (keyword: shoppers + platform) and Bitcoinsuser.com (keyword: Bitcoins + user).
Plural, not good. "Bitcoins" doesnt make sense at all.

Last edited:
•••
Plural, not good. "Bitcoins" doesnt make sense at all.
I understand that plural is not good and i am not asking for some $xxx or $XXXX amount. I am willing to sell it for some profit, what do you think it is worth for?

•••
baua.net has an estibot value of $1300 and is not taken.
Please do your due diligence with regards to Trademark issues
Wholesale value of 4 letter .net is less.
Good Luck!

•••
Ignore Estibot and let those names expire, don't waste your time selling them. They are actually worth less than $0 because the receiver would need to waste at least 20 mins of their time transferring these into their account.

https://www.namepros.com/posts/6566829/

•••
I suggest ignore everyone and just stick to your conviction.

Some pundits here told me rethrill.com is worth zero and am in the negotiation process with 2 prospects to hopefully sell it in mid $xxxx

Bottom line is 98% of the inventory does not sell anyway...Take a chance!

•••
@MetBob Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

I religiously follow the following rules. In short.

9. Have an exit plan before you buy a domain.
11. Sleep on it for a while to make sure it is not an impulsive purchase.

•••
I understand that plural is not good and i am not asking for some $xxx or $XXXX amount. I am willing to sell it for some profit, what do you think it is worth for?
If you ask for my personal opinion, then they are worth zero.

•••
I suggest ignore everyone and just stick to your conviction.

Some pundits here told me rethrill.com is worth zero and am in the negotiation process with 2 prospects to hopefully sell it in mid $xxxx

Bottom line is 98% of the inventory does not sell anyway...Take a chance!

So because you are in negotiation with 2 prospects, you feel qualified to provide domain investment advice?

•••
So because you are in negotiation with 2 prospects, you feel qualified to provide domain investment advice?

Domain investment advice?:xf.grin:

This trade is pure speculation..When it works then you start believing you are god.

The main difference between speculating and investing is the amount of of risk undertaken in the trade. Typically, high-risk trades that are almost akin to gambling fall under the umbrella of speculation, whereas lower-risk investments based on fundamentals and analysis fall into the category of investing.

•••
Domain investment advice?:xf.grin:

This trade is pure speculation..When it works then you start believing you are god.

The main difference between speculating and investing is the amount of of risk undertaken in the trade. Typically, high-risk trades that are almost akin to gambling fall under the umbrella of speculation, whereas lower-risk investments based on fundamentals and analysis fall into the category of investing.

So you believe this to be speculation and you advice someone to keep pouring money into speculation and you also are ready to use your own 8k for speculation?

•••
So you believe this to be speculation and you advice someone to keep pouring money into speculation and you also are ready to use your own 8k for speculation?

At this point, i believe it to be a speculation and am willing to bet only what i can afford to lose.

The day, i believe it to be an investment then i will drop $250,000 without batting an eyelid.

Last edited:
•••
Guys, i don't want to invest big and wait for couple of years. I wanted to invest in quick flippings with small profit. What do you suggest?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back