Dynadot

advice Domain Transfers need Seller's Email Approval even after Unlock and Auth Code?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoWebnames.com

Truth alone triumphsTop Member
Impact
Do domain transfers always need email approval from seller even after domain unlock and auth code?

I been applying a few transfers at Name.com and when I apply for domain transfers, Name.com has a step called "Pending Your Approval" in which an email is sent to the Seller (WHOIS Reg Contact) for his approval even though he has unlocked the domain and provided you the auth code to begin with.

This extra step has introduced an unwanted delay of 4-5 days since the domains are being bought through @Sedo and my transfer agent is the lazy douchebag "Steve Opadeji" who never responds timely and communicates at a rate of 1 update per 1-3 days. Secondly, the buyer is under privacy protection and I can't communicate with them directly, let's just say they are difficult to reach through Steve Opadeji.

Since I buy regularly from Sedo, so I want to do 2 things:

1) Can someone suggest a REGISTRAR who, unlike @name.com, can SUBMIT the domain transfer directly with just domain unlock and the auth code, without the extra step of seller's email approval?

2) To whom I can complain in @Sedo about this transfer agent Steve Opadeji who seems like extremely uncoopertaive and totally unworthy of being in employment of Sedo?

Please help.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think no matter what registrar there will always be a wait period unless the admin contact approves the transfer sooner, provided that registrar offers such expedited transfer.

Good luck with Sedo. I'm having my own trouble with GoDaddy in a similar matter.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back