IT.COM

discuss Domain sold at NamesCon auction, 2 weeks after it ended without bids

NameSilo
Watch

Joakim

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys,

I'm having a strange experience with a domain I had listed at the NamesCon 2020 auction (if you know the name, please don't post it here).

This domain ran the whole extended auction which ended on Feb 14th, without a single bid. I watched and followed the auction closely.

Afterwards, I've had the name listed at SH (it is still listed).

I woke up this morning (Feb 26th) with four emails from GoDaddy:

- Your domain, *******.com, has sold
- The enclosed items have been cancelled
- Congrats! Payment has been verified
- Congrats! The domain transfer is complete

Name sold and transferred without me having any kind of clue how and why it happened. When logged in at auctions.godaddy.com and in my selling list, I have this line of information on one of the bids:

Comment: Event Bid Import: NamesCon2020 - 1_NamesCon2020_GDAuc_Initial_DomainLoadFile 1-16-20 JS_VendorID.csv.SOLD.manual

So, my domain name sold at auction, 11-12 days after the NamesCon extended auction closed.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Comment: Event Bid Import: NamesCon2020 - 1_NamesCon2020_GDAuc_Initial_DomainLoadFile 1-16-20 JS_VendorID.csv.SOLD.manual

Fack! Terminator is real! 🤖

Machines are starting to take over 😬😲

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys,

I'm having a strange experience with a domain I had listed at the NamesCon 2020 auction (if you know the name, please don't post it here).

This domain ran the whole extended auction which ended on Feb 14th, without a single bid. I watched and followed the auction closely.

Afterwards, I've had the name listed at SH (it is still listed).

I woke up this morning (Feb 26th) with four emails from GoDaddy:

- Your domain, *******.com, has sold
- The enclosed items have been cancelled
- Congrats! Payment has been verified
- Congrats! The domain transfer is complete

Name sold and transferred without me having any kind of clue how and why it happened. When logged in at auctions.godaddy.com and in my selling list, I have this line of information on one of the bids:

So, my domain name sold at auction, 11-12 days after the NamesCon extended auction closed.
maybe domain was sold in auction but paid just now ... sold email comes when buyer pay the amount not before that.

•••
maybe domain was sold in auction but paid just now ... sold email comes when buyer pay the amount not before that.

Sounds sketchy. When I watched the auction live. No bids. No emails, nothing.

Until now?

•••
Are you complaining because it sold at a low price?

•••
•••
•••
Back