IT.COM

Domain registrars and costs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jonnyfartpants

Impact
I have a few domains with Godaddy and 10 with names.co.uk and I am fed up with the cost of renewals, which I am sure everyone's else is. Also hate the fact that these companies want to charge like 39.99 for transferal of domains to another company

Has anyone any advice on the cheapest domain registrar in terms of renewals?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
As far as I know GoDaddy doesn't charge you anything to transfer out your domains (@Joe Styler / @Paul Nicks)? Where are you seeing that? Once you get a few more domains it's definitely worth getting a DDC plan (domain discount club) with them. With a coupon it costs about $80 a year .. but the savings can be significant (.com domains cost 8.47/yr).

Otherwise Epik has very competitive prices if you get set up with their free "NamePros" plan. For that go here to create and set up an account, and then contact @Sufyan Alani, @DanSanchez, @Rob Monster or @Jess Robison to get upgraded to a NamePros pricing plan with them! :)

•••
I have a few domains with Godaddy and 10 with names.co.uk and I am fed up with the cost of renewals, which I am sure everyone's else is. Also hate the fact that these companies want to charge like 39.99 for transferal of domains to another company

Has anyone any advice on the cheapest domain registrar in terms of renewals?

Thanks
Epik.com will give you their Namepros Special pricing of just $8.49 to register, transfer and renew all your .com domains and they don't charge any membership fees at all.

•••
My guess is that the OP is talking about .co.uk/.uk domains. You have to transfer via Nominet and they charge a fee.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back