NameSilo

Domain Parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vac

Established Member
Impact
DomainSponsor.com

I read very positive feedbacks about it.
Do you know other good services like that?
What would recommend?

I have several domains but never parked one.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domainut said:
Got my check last week from DS. Nice $11,000 check :)
So you made DS about $16,500 or so in profit....

•••
What is this?

Dwayne said:
okay ty, but i dont care for making $11,000 a month, i care about paying at least enough to keep my internet phone line :) so how would i do it? just add NS1.DOMAINSPONSOR.COM and NS2.DOMAINSPONSOR.COM to my Name Server 3 and 4?

Can I park my domains in both also?

If so how do I do this.. and will i get banned?

I am a member of DH... but not DS....

I am really confused here....

Thanks

•••
And Why Proredirect?

Domainut said:
You submit a list of names to your account rep via email or messenger. Change the nameservers to ns1.proredirect.com and ns2.proredirect.com.

Sid:

If any, what is the advantage of using ns1.proredirect.com [DS’s nameserver?] rather than Enom’s? TIA

Also, tnx for great info on DS, THEY :kickass: !

•••
Domainut said:
I have a large portfolio of high traffic names, and have used sedo, trafficz, domainhop, domainspa, and search123. None compare to the the revenue paid by DomainSponsor.

As you can tell from my signature I am very satisfied with DS. I am currently making $450 a day average with Domain Sponsor.

Referrals always welcome, if anyone uses my referral link, I will assist you in getting 10% more than the average account recieves, understanding the stats, implementation, and getting the best results from optimization.

Care to list some of your high traffic parked domains? That will give us a much more concrete idea of what it takes to make good money.

•••
toompas said:
If someone could help me start buying expired domains, I'd put you as my referer, and I promise to keep building up my portfolio. Just need some help from a pro. =)

toompas

PM me and I'll try to answer your questions.

PPC monetization information worth reading.
www.ppcincome.com

William9 said:
If any, what is the advantage of using ns1.proredirect.com [DS’s nameserver?] rather than Enom’s? TIA

By using DS nameservers, they'll be able to capture all traffic including 404 and 403 traffic which can be lost if you're using URL forwarding from the registrars nameservers.

•••
By using DS nameservers, they'll be able to capture all traffic including 404 and 403 traffic which can be lost if you're using URL forwarding from the registrars nameservers.

Thanks for the wake-up call! Mistakenly I thought my ENOM settings let 404s resolve to me. NO! NO! NO! It looks like they resolve, but instead to somebody’s (Enom?) Oingo account!

Oversee.net (DS) is the registrar of proredirect.com. Is there a downside of using proredirect? Will I lose my current optimization??

TIA

•••
ZuraX said:
So you made DS about $16,500 or so in profit....

Yup, but unless you can get advertisers to promote on your page directly, it's about the only choice!

-Allan

•••
forced keyword opt

I am having a hrad time locating where on DS you can add a list of keywords to force optimize. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

•••
Shuki said:
I am having a hrad time locating where on DS you can add a list of keywords to force optimize. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I believe optimization is automatic and takes anywhere from a few days to several weeks depending on the traffic the domain gets. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

•••
Domainut said:
DS gives you a choice of redirecting to them, or using their nameservers, Whichever works best or quickest for you. Maybe use Fabulous to redirect to DomainSponsor.

Sid

a few examples of my parked names.

Generic Landing Page
http://www.nkvd.us/

Keyword Optimized
http://worldcarribean.com

Keyword Optimized with Paid links are placed directly on landing page
http://travelvalueplus.com/

If you allow their script to auto optimize for you and request

D - Direct Link - Paid links are placed directly on landing page
P - Popular Searches - List of relevant & popular searches to your domain name will appear on landing page

The results are generally pretty targetted after 72 hours. The one click direct links work well because it only requires one click to get paid as apposed to most 2 click programs.

OK, just on the above 3 domains, how much do they generate at DS altogether, roughly? This will give me some idea of what to expect at DS.

•••
Shuki said:

You have to contact them personally.

-Allan

•••
Caveman said:
I believe optimization is automatic and takes anywhere from a few days to several weeks depending on the traffic the domain gets. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think that's a bit silly. If I were in DomainSponsor's business, I would allow domain owner to do manual optimization like DomainHop does. Thereafter, the optimization algorithm will then try to incrementally improve on the original manual optimization. That will save days to weeks' time.

Now, is there a VC with money burning through his deep pocket who wants to try this improvement as a new startup? :laugh:

•••
NP41215 said:
OK, just on the above 3 domains, how much do they generate at DS altogether, roughly? This will give me some idea of what to expect at DS.

$10,185 for these three domains from November 1st to November 30th.

BTW, just recieved a check for $15,212 from DS. The auto optimization seems to work great, and is ever increasing my profit.

•••
•••
Domainut said:

BTW, just recieved a check for $15,212 from DS. The auto optimization seems to work great, and is ever increasing my profit.

Wow impressive!

Would you care to share what kind of traffic these domains are recieving?

Are they high traffic domains or just highly productive with clicks?

•••
A few high traffic domains, but also I target many domains that have a little traffic on the drop that are targetted to good paying keywords for ppc.

•••
Domainut said:

Do I understand correctly that:
(a) On just the 3 domains, www.nkvd.us, worldcarribean.com and travelvalueplus.com, you were able to get $10,185 for the month of November;
(b) On all the other domains at DS, you received only ($15212-$10185=) $5,027;
(c) You have at least 100 domains at DS (minimum quantity for their premier plan);
(d) So the other 97+ domains accounted for just 1/3 of the total revenues;
(e) You did not do any optimization on your own, simply submitting the 100 (or more) domains to DS for them to auto-optimize and then simply wait for your check ?

If the above are all true, I must say it is rather incredible. In fact, looking at the 3 aforementioned domains, I imagine that nkvd.us was the weakest producer of the 3 domains, as I can make no sense of what nkvd means.

Am I mistaken at all on the above understanding/conclusions?

Thanks for further clarification.

•••
NP41215 said:
Do I understand correctly that:
(a) On just the 3 domains, www.nkvd.us, worldcarribean.com and travelvalueplus.com, you were able to get $10,185 for the month of November;
(b) On all the other domains at DS, you received only ($15212-$10185=) $5,027;
(c) You have at least 100 domains at DS (minimum quantity for their premier plan);
(d) So the other 97+ domains accounted for just 1/3 of the total revenues;
(e) You did not do any optimization on your own, simply submitting the 100 (or more) domains to DS for them to auto-optimize and then simply wait for your check ?

If the above are all true, I must say it is rather incredible. In fact, looking at the 3 aforementioned domains, I imagine that nkvd.us was the weakest producer of the 3 domains, as I can make no sense of what nkvd means.

Am I mistaken at all on the above understanding/conclusions?

Thanks for further clarification.

a) Correct
b) Correct
c) Correct
d) Correct, but still impressive numbers for a little over 100 domains.
e) I did do some optimization on about 15 domains, that seemed to be recieving low click valued keywords (it was probably what the visitors were targetted to, but 5 clicks at $2 a click is better than 50 clicks at 2 cents each).

however nkvd is the strongest.

•••
Forgive the obvious question...
But how did a 4 letter .us do so well? Using traffic redirects from other domains? Buying bulk traffic...? Certainly not type-ins...
Let us know, please.

-Allan

Domainut said:
a) Correct
b) Correct
c) Correct
d) Correct, but still impressive numbers for a little over 100 domains.
e) I did do some optimization on about 15 domains, that seemed to be recieving low click valued keywords (it was probably what the visitors were targetted to, but 5 clicks at $2 a click is better than 50 clicks at 2 cents each).

however nkvd is the strongest.

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Forgive the obvious question...
But how did a 4 letter .us do so well? Using traffic redirects from other domains? Buying bulk traffic...? Certainly not type-ins...
Let us know, please.

I would say it is because it has Overture numbers of 8044 with the ext.
That's a lot of type-ins.

•••
unholy1 said:
I would say it is because it has Overture numbers of 8044 with the ext.
That's a lot of type-ins.
Don't quite understand what you mean. Can you clarify a bit. If you enter NKVD as a search term, there are no bidded listings for it. Likewise for NKVDUS or NKVD.US

http://uv.bidtool.overture.com/d/se...nkvd.us&mkt=us&lang=en_US&Partner=userbidtool

Obviously, there are non-obvious reasons why nkvd.us does so well. I'm very curious what they are. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering.

•••
•••
Domainut said:
e) I did do some optimization on about 15 domains, that seemed to be recieving low click valued keywords...
Okay, so how exactly do you self optimize?

•••
Caveman said:
Okay, so how exactly do you self optimize?

There is an option in the DS control panel on the left navigation bar that says Optimization.

Here you can set forced optimization or keyword exclusion.

I am not sure if a basic account has this option or if it is just in the Premier beta version (which I signed up for).

I use http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ to see the most popular searched terms for the target audience that visits each domain I am optimizing. I then use http://uv.bidtool.overture.com/d/search/tools/bidtool/ to find which of the popularly searched terms from the suggestion tool have decent bids on the bidtool. Then I test it for a few days, and repeat the process if needed to find the best click conversion or best monetization.

As I said 90% of the time the new DS auto optimization works great (just be patient and let it do what it does) the othe 10% of the time I start optimizing manually after I have allowed the auto optimizer to work for 2 weeks if the results are not up to par.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Domainut. I must not have a premier acct. I don't have that option in my left nav. I do show "DPE" by most of my domains, however the landing pages look like the "regular" landings and not the targeted landing pages.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back