Dynadot

status-review "Domain Names Wanted" request/update rules

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is necessary to create in the "Domain Names Wanted" 2 or maybe 3 new subcategory:
1. Budget 1-1000 $
2. Budget 1000-5000 $
3. Over 5000 $
Also i think is necessary to obligate the buyer's to send a answer to the seller's even is a negative answer ex: no, not apply to my needs etc..
I think you agree that we do not like to wait to much or mooking by the some buyers.
Most of buyers have requeste like this: exp. GA or date expiration and traffic revenue to buy a domain name so we are the seller and need to collect all this data and i think is FAIR to recived a answer.
Best regards,

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree.

Because a seller may need up to 5' to compile a list of domains and do the pricing, he is entitled to a 5'' "No thanks" answer.

So he knows his PM was read and can move on.

Perhaps NamePros can provide us with a fast "No thanks" button :P

•••
No need to respond to a pm that has a domain or domains that do not fit the criteria.
Look at the threads.
People post crap domains, domains in the wrong extension, and much more.
Requesters get bombarded with pm's with that same crap.
So no rule to answer each damn pm!

•••
Great suggestions! I agree.

On the other hand, to be fair to the buyers we need to make it easier for them to respond. Sometimes they also get a whole slew of names that do not match what they ask for. Ex. Pronunceable llll.com and they get xcuf, tzuv, etc..

Giving warnings or some penalty will help buyers to respond by weeding out the spam. This is abused alot. Once this is fixed and buyers receive names that fit their criteria then a response is only right.. a no or a yes etc...

******I love your subcategory idea too...

MY SUGGESTION: I think this already exist but not certain.

Each request post should have a button to easily respond to the request.
Clicking on the persons avator, then clicking start a conversation, then adding a title is 3 steps to much. I mean it's not rocket science or hard but it would be convenient to have a simple button. If the button option exist then let it be mandatory to use it and go straight into a message.

Last edited:
•••
Unless you are a buyer in that forum, you can never fully understand the frustration of receiving 100+ private messages or posts per day with domains that do not meet your specified criteria or that don't interest you. There is simply not enough time in the day for a buyer to send out personalized responses to everyone that sent them a domain they are not interested in.

Reminder: We have stated in the rules that if you don't hear back from a buyer, it means they are not interested. To get upset with a buyer because they are not interested in a domain you offer only sets the pace for more frustration on the buyers end. You can also bet that many buyers will remember a username that frustrated them and will avoid doing business in the future, even if the member has a domain they might like later, out of spite.

Not too sure sub-forums are needed, though it's a good idea and we'll definitely give this some more thought. We are updating the rules to make it clear that all threads need a budget and have been actively enforcing this for years already.

Additionally, as outlined in the rules, sending domains that do not meet the criteria of a buyer is treated as spam. We do have buyers that report this and we do issue spam infractions to sellers for it. Just keep that in mind. This seems to be the biggest issue that out-weighs all other issues of that forum (Sending domains that don't meet buyers specified criteria).

•••
From a buyers stand point, if you send me a domain name that doesn't meet my clearly stated requirements & criteria, how can you expect to receive any reply in return? You sent domain names that did not meet the criteria, therefore proving that you do no respect the buyers wishes.

•••
This seems to be the biggest issue that out-weighs all other issues of that forum (Sending domains that don't meet buyers specified criteria).

Was just curious, how is that handled? It seems like something that can be cleaned up pretty easily.

First time, delete post, then give the person a friendly warning to actually read before responding.

Second time, week ban.

Third time, month or permanent ban.

I'm not sure if it's more funny or sad some of the replies in that forum.

•••
Not counting when sellers send TON of PMs with names that do not meet the requirements.

You can see even see them from the forums: Everything is pronounceable!!!! like this KZFX.

Last edited:
•••
Was just curious, how is that handled? It seems like something that can be cleaned up pretty easily.

First time, delete post, then give the person a friendly warning to actually read before responding.

Second time, week ban.

Third time, month or permanent ban.

I'm not sure if it's more funny or sad some of the replies in that forum.
Generally we handle it in the following manner.

If in thread:
First Offense: Delete post and send a notice reminding them of the rule
Second Offense: Delete Post and issue first time warning
Third Offense: Delete Post and issue spam infraction

If in private conversation:
First Offense: Send a private conversation reminding them of the rule
Second Offense: Issue first time warning
Third Offense: Issue private conversation spam infraction

Note: Each incident is different. If there is a bulk/mass campaign taking place, blatant disregard for the rules, or history of rule violations, other measures may be implemented at the staff members discretion.

•••
i think buyers who receive submissions that are "within the parameters" of their criteria, often do respond.

those folks who send you anything they got, irrespective of what you ask for, don't deserve a reply.

cuz if you can't read and adhere to what buyer wants, then why should they be obligated to respond to you.

imo....

•••
Generally we handle it in the following manor.

If in thread:
First Offense: Delete post and send a notice reminding them of the rule
Second Offense: Delete Post and issue first time warning
Third Offense: Delete Post and issue spam infraction

If in private conversation:
First Offense: Send a private conversation reminding them of the rule
Second Offense: Issue first time warning
Third Offense: Issue private conversation spam infraction

Note: Each incident is different. If there is a bulk/mass campaign taking place, blatant disregard for the rules, or history of rule violations, other measures may be implemented at the staff members discretion.

So basically not serious about handling the issue. The 3rd time and you're still doing nothing but issuing infractions. 3 times and they're telling you they're not serious about following the rules here or reading what the thread starter wants. They don't respect you or the forum, if they did, they would have gotten the point the first 2 times. The problems will continue to exist until you guys get serious about handling it.

•••
So basically not serious about handling the issue. The 3rd time and you're still doing nothing but issuing infractions.
Please keep in mind that we don't blanket ban members for minor infractions. However, each account is allotted up to 20 negative infractions points. Each infraction carries a different point value. Once an account reaches the max 20 negative point value it auto closes until some of the infractions expire.

In short, members ban them self by continuing to disregard the rules and incur infractions. We give all members the benefit of the doubt and understanding that humans make mistakes. It's up to each individual to choose how they conduct business and what type of ethics they use.

•••
Reminder: We have stated in the rules that if you don't hear back from a buyer, it means they are not interested.

This unfortunately is quite vague : If one doesn't hear back within 4 hours ? 1 day ? 3 days ?

I have been both a buyer and a seller here and it really is a pain to receive tons of domains that don't meet your criteria. One should not have to respond to sellers that have not even read the requirements.

On the other hand, a seller that has spent some time compiling a list of relevant domains deserves some respect.

Because offering a domain for sale creates the ethical obligation to sell, should the buyer accept, the seller is entitled to know asap if there is any interest at all.

•••
This is nice and all but will we see some sort of filter in place that in order to respond to a request (seller) and to ask for domains (seller) that they meet a min post and or like requirement. A lot of times you will get scammers on here asking for domains but in truth just looking into portfolios of what domains are out there.

I hope this type of requirement will be soon

•••
Because offering a domain for sale creates the ethical obligation to sell, should the buyer accept, the seller is entitled to know asap if there is any interest at all.

no entitlements are due to a seller from a potential buyer, unless a contract has been signed or agreement reached.

potential buyers are under no obligation to a seller, unless an agreement is made to purchase.

imo....

•••
no entitlements are due to a seller from a potential buyer, unless a contract has been signed or agreement reached.

potential buyers are under no obligation to a seller, unless an agreement is made to purchase.

imo....

That's why I said ethical and not legal.

•••
I know if a buyer asks for domains, they will usually read every single message that comes their way. If they see something they like, they'll respond. It's really not that big of a deal to not get a reply. It's always nice when they reply, but they are not obligated.

The truly frustrating thing is sellers who blow up your inbox with domain names that don't even come close to meeting requirements and then get upset when you don't reply or kindly tell them you are not interested.

•••
This unfortunately is quite vague : If one doesn't hear back within 4 hours ? 1 day ? 3 days ?

I have been both a buyer and a seller here and it really is a pain to receive tons of domains that don't meet your criteria. One should not have to respond to sellers that have not even read the requirements.

On the other hand, a seller that has spent some time compiling a list of relevant domains deserves some respect.

We aren't going to force any buyer to respond to domain offers that don't meet their criteria or they don't want. As others already stated, if a buyer has any interest at all or if a domain is good but just not good enough, they usually respond. It's mainly the ones that are way off base they never respond to.

•••
I'm not sure about the idea to obligate the buyer's to send a answer to the seller's.
I agree with some of the things here about the seller side but i'm also understand the buyer side that sometimes get tons of irrelevant offers that doesn't worth any reply.

BUT, i really think that it's necessary to make some order in the "wanted" area because there is a lot of old (One month +) "wanted threads" with dozens of PM Replies and no one does not know if it's still relevant.

That's why i suggest that every new "wanted" thread will automatic close after one month and 2 days before the deadline, the system will send to the buyer an automatic that his thread will be closed soon.
Then, If after one month he didn't find what he looking for he will get the chance to extend the thread for another 2-3 weeks, etc.etc.

I think it will save a lot of time to all of us and also for those who waiting for any kind of reply.

Cheers.

•••
I'm not sure about the idea to obligate the buyer's to send a answer to the seller's.
I agree with some of the things here about the seller side but i'm also understand the buyer side that sometimes get tons of irrelevant offers that doesn't worth any reply.

BUT, i really think that it's necessary to make some order in the "wanted" area because there is a lot of old (One month +) "wanted threads" with dozens of PM Replies and no one does not know if it's still relevant.

That's why i suggest that every new "wanted" thread will automatic close after one month and 2 days before the deadline, the system will send to the buyer an automatic that his thread will be closed soon.
Then, If after one month he didn't find what he looking for he will get the chance to extend the thread for another 2-3 weeks, etc.etc.

I think it will save a lot of time to all of us and also for those who waiting for any kind of reply.

Cheers.
Good suggestion (Time limits with option to extend). This is actually something we have been thinking about and will revisit the idea a bit more once we get caught up on a few other tasks we are working on.

Thanks,

•••
To me, I find the request forum a treasure trove of amusement.

•••
One thing that we may want to remind the Buyers to be honest when posting "Budget".
Many members tried to be "cool" by posting false budget which waste the time for the Sellers.
Example: Budget $100,000 - Do you really have $100,000

There is no way to enforce this. We just want to remind the Buyers to be honest so there is no time wasting.

•••
What I like to see..is when the "buyer" states "PM only" ..there only postings with "PM sent" ..not member posting their long list of garbage domains.

•••
One thing that we may want to remind the Buyers to be honest when posting "Budget".
Many members tried to be "cool" by posting false budget which waste the time for the Sellers.
Example: Budget $100,000 - Do you really have $100,000

There is no way to enforce this. We just want to remind the Buyers to be honest so there is no time wasting.

Or when you state your budget is $10k-$100k and you get sent $3 names...

•••
And take away my source of amusement?
Never, I say!
hahahahaha

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back