IT.COM

Domain names for Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Selling a few of my domain names on Ebay. Is this the best place to sell them? Was planning on listing them on Sedo but the traffic is far greater on ebay.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well as for me...I watch eBay for domains...some times I can pick up deals on a domain that I think I can run with....but most of the time they are all way over price!!!!

Thanks,
[email protected]
www.mycomputerstore.com

•••
Before you list it on ebay. I think it would be great to set an idea upon a price of your domain and then ask people here in the 'domains for sale(fixed price/offer)' located here: http://www.namepros.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

If you don't sell the domain or do really want to sell it on ebay. Then you can tell everyone its on ebay here in the 'domains for sale-auctions': http://www.namepros.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Ebay is really cheap on domains. You can get good buys. But also on the other hand its a 'bidding war' as I may call it =] Try to sell it here first with your 'bin' price in the domains for sale-fixed price/offer section <- imo

=] any questions just pm me

-james

•••
If you do put it on Ebay be prepared to let it go at a price well below what you feel it's worth. Ebay is unpredictable. I've sold domains for way over and under what I felt they were worth when I put them on there.

You can always set a reserve price or higher starting price to protect yourself but, in my opinion, that discourages bidders from participating.

Very good domains will do well on Ebay. Average domains will fail more often than not.

•••
Hi

Thanks a million for that.

Extremely helpful info.

Regards

Paul

•••
ya baobiz ur right. but you can always start it off at $xx or set a reserve =]

•••
ebay is good if u want to get rid of it

if u want highest profit u need to contact ppl who may be interested

•••
If you go to the chatroom there is a nice little auction going on :>

•••
hmmmmm

If you have have the most wanted domain names in the world but if you cant market them to the end user they are worthless.

A lot of people have been saying you should write to a company which may be interested in buying your domain name. But I doubt this would rarely work.

Are there any members out there that can consistantly sell there domain names? Any advice or sales tactics besides leaving them on SEDO go grow old and mature.

•••
You can always set a reserve price

In poor old Australia ,We Can't set Reserve Prices on eBAy >:(
On eBay ,you are competing with the Turkey's who think you can sell domains
for Millions of Dollars, whereas Here on Namepros you only deal with people who know the Real value of names.

•••
Hey

Why dont you log onto the UK or USA Ebay and state your location as New York or London. That way you should be able to set a reserve price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back