IT.COM

discuss Domain name transfer held up because admin email address wrong

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
Sale was with escrow.com Buyer has paid, I am trying to transfer domain to buyer. Done this many times before of course.

I am the seller. Domain is at Dynadot. All I did is unlock the domain, get the transfer Auth Code, and give the Auth Code to buyer.

Buyer is at GoDaddy, got this email from them:
24wc8bs.jpg

and thinks I gave the "wrong email" to Dynadot which of course I did nothing. I gave no email to anyone all I did was unlock, get the Auth Code and give to buyer.

I never received any final verification email which is why the issue.

Anyway, will be resolved shortly but it is an odd situation.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It sounds as if you have the wrong email in the registration details. You should be able to change this, and ask the purchaser to resubmit the transfer request.

•••
The email from GoDaddy to the buyer listed a wrong email for the admin contact, which that wrong email was a misspelling of buyer's email. Buyer seemed to think I had done this, but of course I never supply the buyer's email to anyone during this process, all I do is give buyer the transfer Auth Code.

•••
Image is gone so can't view it and provide advice

•••
afaik the gaining registrargets the email from the registry and not the losing registrar. Have you looked in the whois info?

•••
Strangely enough, this started happening to me as well. The domains (hundreds) are showing [email protected] when the transfer request is submitted, instead of the correct administrator record email. I'm waiting on @Namebright support to respond on this....

Edit:
2J4Ygbf.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Image is gone so can't view it and provide advice

Sorry it is a temporary problem at tinypic - but anyway, is this the only way to post a pic at this forum? By first uploading it to a URL? At my forums we allow direct upload of images in two different ways.

•••
Sorry it is a temporary problem at tinypic - but anyway, is this the only way to post a pic at this forum? By first uploading it to a URL? At my forums we allow direct upload of images in two different ways.
Actually, you can paste images directly from the clipboard... There's also the "upload file" option (see the 2nd button below the comment text area)

•••
I've just read this
https://www1.domain.com/legal/legal_aup.bml

Is this the start of the deep state trying to take down sites that they don't like?
Pretty much any registrar worth their salt will have an acceptable use policy (AUP). This is required by policy and also for self indemnification from legal action by 3rd party aggrieved parties due to actions taken by registrants using that registrar's services... This is not something new

•••
I did chat with DynaDot support. They said that they have received no request from anyone to transfer the domain.

I think what is going on is that buyer either mistyped his admin email address at the receiving end, GoDaddy mistyped the admin email address when initiating the transfer, or buyer has his admin email address somehow wrong in his GoDaddy records.

After checking on the above and making any necessary corrections I think the best is for buyer to re-initiate the transfer, using the same transfer Auth Code, which remains valid.

I passed along the above to the buyer.

•••
•••
There was no panic, lol. Even the buyer doesn't seem too concerned.

I was curious to see if others had encountered this though.

•••
We finally got it done, buyer had to talk to GD and re-initiate the transfer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back