advice Domain name theft

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
2,304
I just discovered that one of my domain names has been stolen (for want of a better word) and I just need to know what to do in this event.

The name was moved from one registrar to another without my permission and is under someone else's name.

The website is under my control and I have left some info there for the IIS (Swedish ICANN Country Reps) to see.

Any advice would be appreciated. I have a site under development there as I stated. This word is a hype word and was recently added to the Official Swedish Dictionary. I don't want to say the name of the site.

I know there are domain registrars here and I would really like to know how they deal with this.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
Update:

I got the domain name back again!

And... yes I paid all fees for the domain when I had it originally etc. What the heck do you guys expect? Anyway I got it back and the matter is closed.

It is my domain!!!

Glad it worked out. Hope you don't mind me asking... What happened that caused this mess?

Whois shows it was dropped and re-registered...
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Glad it worked out. Hope you don't mind me asking... What happened that caused this mess?

Whois shows it was dropped and re-registered...
PM
 
1
•••
Update:

I got the domain name back again!

And... yes I paid all fees for the domain when I had it originally etc. What the heck do you guys expect? Anyway I got it back and the matter is closed.

It is my domain!!!

Congratulations :)
It is a sad truth that domains are not 100% safe and there is the possibility that they can be stolen.
Hopefully, such a thing will not occur again.

Note: It is always great to have two factor authentication enabled as a second layer of security.
This can dramatically lower the chances of someone hacking to registrant's account.
 
0
•••
I seen this before..... Move your domains to a company that will stick around eg godaddy. This sounds like a total stitch up had domains transferred to another yup been there lost that.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back