Dynadot

Domain Name Sales Letter *Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SearchLightning.com

www.x10wholesale.comEstablished Member
Impact
We'll I have tweeked one of the domain sales letters on the following thread http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=1757 and wanted to get your thoughts before I send it..... let me know if I should change anything or leave it as it is..... Thanks for your help...

For the urgent attention of
Admin/Owner [Website address]

My name is [Your Name] and I am the Registrant and Administrative contact for: [Domain Name].com

[Domain Name].com

This domain is currently for sale and I intend to sell it in the immediate future. The domain name is available for immediate transfer. Domain name is registered at [Domain Name].com and expires on [Date]. There are no transfer fees of any kind for this or any of our domain names. This domain name is getting very little to no traffic and is undeveloped. We accept payment in the form of a verified Paypal.com account or Escrow.com. Please feel free to contact us with additional questions.

I believe this domain name would be a useful addition to your [DomainName].com website.

If you would be interested in acquiring this domain name for your business, please contact me by email at
[email address] within the next 24-48 hours with an indication of what you feel the name is worth to your business.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

[First & Last Name]
[Phone]
[Email address]

Please Note: You have not been added to any email database of any kind by us. This is a One-Time email, if you do not respond we will assume you are not interested and will not contact you again about this offer. Thanks again for your time and I look forward to doing business.
We'll what do you think?...... What should I change? Or is it good to go?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it sounds pretty "spammish". You might want to consider shortening it up, using a contact first name, and losing the "one time email" thing.

•••
I have to agree with the spammishness of it. Personally I would keep the letter as low key as possible. It contains a lot of information that is superfluous, probably even intimidating to most end users. I would never say something like “This domain name is getting very little to no traffic and is undeveloped” All it does is dilute the value of the name.

I generally approach buyers as a broker, not the owner. There are many benefits to this, not the least of which is avoiding an appearance of bad faith by the owner. It also doesn't make any implied commitments on behalf of the owner. I would go with more a a teaser type message. Something like:

“I have a client who owns xxxxx.com which I think would fit well with the branding of your [website/product] yyyyy. I happen to know that the buyer is looking to generate some quick cash, and is willing to sell this name. I'm in a position to broker a deal that you may find attractive. If you're interested please feel free to contact me.

At the very least this will entice an interested party to contact the administrative contact of the name.

•••
primacomputer said:
I have to agree with the spammishness of it. Personally I would keep the letter as low key as possible. It contains a lot of information that is superfluous, probably even intimidating to most end users. I would never say something like “This domain name is getting very little to no traffic and is undeveloped” All it does is dilute the value of the name.

I generally approach buyers as a broker, not the owner. There are many benefits to this, not the least of which is avoiding an appearance of bad faith by the owner. It also doesn't make any implied commitments on behalf of the owner. I would go with more a a teaser type message. Something like:

“I have a client who owns xxxxx.com which I think would fit well with the branding of your [website/product] yyyyy. I happen to know that the buyer is looking to generate some quick cash, and is willing to sell this name. I'm in a position to broker a deal that you may find attractive. If you're interested please feel free to contact me.

At the very least this will entice an interested party to contact the administrative contact of the name.

Thanks.......Should I have someone else send the email? Because if I act like I am a broker for the name and they check the whois and they see that I do own the name then they may think I am a lier..... Or that I am trying to trick them.....????

•••
I keep all my names in a holding company and have a separate company for marketing them, so I've never really had to consider the possibility of this appearing deceptive. I would certainly use different email addresses, on domains with different administrative contacts for your broker and owner. The broker address could be hotmail or something.

If you feel the need, have a friend click the send button for the first email. Bear in mind that using an alternate identity doesn't make you a liar. People do it all the time; actors, singers, writers, etc.

•••
Prima I like most of your posts , are you saying it not cool for the owner of a domain to approach end users through email? Thank you

When did selling become bad faith?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back