Dynadot

question Domain Name Resellers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

clasione

VIP Member
StrategicRevenue.com
Impact
Wondering how many people here are domain name resellers....
If you are a domain name reseller, which reseller program are you using and what do you like/dislike about it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is a "reseller program"? I buy names to resell them, shouldn't that make me a "reseller"? Honestly, I don't understand your post.

•••
What is a "reseller program"? I buy names to resell them, shouldn't that make me a "reseller"? Honestly, I don't understand your post.

I believe hes talking about starting a reseller company. A third-party company that offers domain name registration services through a registrar but not all are ICANN -accredited registrars.

So I use Namesilo Reseller on Dotgician and offer domain name registration services at whatever price I want.

•••
Hosting companies wanted :)

•••
A domain reseller program is when you have the ability to resell domain names and receive a commission on all domain names sold. Some give you your own store front. Some people use reseller programs not for profit, but to be able to purchase domain names at wholesale prices. Here is something I wrote up about it a while back. I would expect many people who buy and sell domains would be resellers.

•••
I would expect many people who buy and sell domains would be resellers.

Not really, a lot of places require you to make a certain amount of money, or pay a monthly fee. Some registries provide discount prices. So they don't even try starting a domain reseller program. Its a lot of work and hard to compete with the big boys. Specially not being credited by ICANN.

Last edited:
•••
-I agree that it is difficult. One of the most saturated industries. I have been a reseller for about 10 years and it is profitable for me. It's actually one of the things I like the most in my tool chest of products and services. But even if your not in for profits, and only looking to scoop up names at wholesale rates, it seems it could equal a lot of savings... Domain prices keep going up and being able to buy them at wholesale, its a great opportunity. If you buy a lot of names, it ads up. But many people may be members of domain price clubs or other ways to get discounts. Pretty sure some registrars will work with those who buy lots of domain names. I'm sure some people here are resellers and I am curious who they use.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

for years I had reseller account at enom,
which included a free domain registration site, using their "registryrocket" system

at one time, had close to 20 subaccounts under mine

however, since enom basically doubled reseller rates, it wasn't feasible to continue using it.

imo...

•••
I heard of Enom, but not registry rocket...... I believe enom cuts prices for those who buy lots of names, but I don't use them. I use both Godaddy and Wild West Domains.

•••
i don't get it.. how can it not be about sales revenue? what do you register all this discounted domains for then if not to resell them and make sales revenue?

so basically this is like becoming your own registrar correct? or is it also somehow about seling other people's domains on godaddy, like a broker?

all in all, if you are making money then more power to you, however, as im sure you understand, if this was the best way to savings, then many more people would be doing it. no?

cheers

•••
Last edited:
•••
That looks like the registryrocket I just checked.
I believe my buy rate is whatever Verisign charges plus the ICANN 0.25 fee.
The only thing I hate about WWD is that their sites do not function as well as Godaddy and their support when it comes to technical difficulties is way under par. But I do save significantly on my domains and receive a commission check every month which covers my yearly fee in a single month, the rest is all gravy.... So for me, it works extremely well.Too good to leave. I hope they never shut it down.

•••
Wondering how many people here are domain name resellers....
If you are a domain name reseller, which reseller program are you using and what do you like/dislike about it.

Hexonet. Good api, good interface, good prices. Trifecta. Hexonet has an desktop app you can use to enter api commands directly. Similar to using a linux or dos shell.

Hexonet doesn't have a yearly fee. Doesn't charge to add money to your account unless you use paypal.
--

When Enom was purchased by Tucows, prices went up about 30%. They have a pre-built store interface and will process CC transactions for you. It takes 90+ days to withdraw commissions.

Enom charges you to "refill" your account and charges you per cc transaction.

Enom has an api but hexonet's is better.

Enom doesn't have a subscription fee.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back