Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Domain name redirect

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

cyberken13

Established Member
Impact
2
I have a two word .com with a dash between the two words. I also have the same word combo without the dash. Will simply 301 redirecting the dashed name help with search engine results to the second name? I ask this because I know that search engines see dashes as a space and can lend themselves to better search result placement (sometimes).

What is the best way to use this dashed name as a redirect?

Thanks,

Ken
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
301 redirect should work.

you could also just have two copies, duplicated content to your two domains.
I have many domains with duplicated contents, it does not seem to hurt.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back