Dynadot

Domain name plus logo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GrifBon

Impact
Totally new to this. I have an awesome name, plus an app icon finished design for a possible App that I'm interested in registering and selling. GoDaddy says "It's great" - 15 characters or less, popular keywords. How long should I maintain registration? Do I have to actually create a website once I buy a domain name and do I need an SSL Certificate? Should I buy several domains? How do I determine a sale price for the domain name? Feel like I fell down a rabbit hole with this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, welcome to np :xf.smile:

GoDaddy says "It's great" - 15 characters or less, popular keywords.
Don't pay too much attention to this.

How long should I maintain registration?
How long is a piece of string?

Do I have to actually create a website once I buy a domain name
No.

do I need an SSL Certificate?
Not necessarily.

Should I buy several domains?
Maybe a few while you're learning.

How do I determine a sale price for the domain name?
An asking price is one thing, a sale price is another.
As every name is different, it's not an exact science. The more you learn, the more you'll get a feel for how to price your names.

Feel like I fell down a rabbit hole with this.
Namepros is a great place to learn. Good luck (y)

•••
Before you spend more money buying domains. Spend some time here and read as much as you can. Ask questions. And then, ask more questions.
Good luck and welcome.

•••
Hi, welcome to np :xf.smile:

Don't pay too much attention to this.

How long is a piece of string?

No.

Not necessarily.

Maybe a few while you're learning.

An asking price is one thing, a sale price is another.
As every name is different, it's not an exact science. The more you learn, the more you'll get a feel for how to price your names.

Namepros is a great place to learn. Good luck (y)
Hi and thanks. This is a one-time effort for me and I'm only interested in one domain name. I have an abandoned app project (software development fell through) and I'm sitting on my creations of a 6 character domain name (it would stick in your brain - rolls off the tongue) and logo that are doing nothing for the past two + years. It would be suitable for service companies, retail, wholesale, etc. I've been doing my research and know that the .com version already exists. So the .app version seems the next best thing or maybe .net or .org. But that doesn't answer what I can do with the logo. The net hasn't given me any answers other than possibly selling my logo to the .com owner (seems to be just a domain owner with no website and I'd have to pay Zoom info to join so that I could contact them). So basically I'm saying this involves more than just buying/selling a domain name. It's more of a complete package. Is my best option to just create an actual webpage and register the domain name? At this point I'm not sure it's worth all the hassle for what could be a small profit. Any advice appreciated.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back