IT.COM

discuss Domain Name Industry Can Use Better Blogs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
Hello.

It came to our attention that the content of blogs within the domain name industry needs to be refined. The current information presented is often repetitive and off topic. It is desirable to transition the leading blogs towards a more corporate format in terms of appearance and content.

Kind regards,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People stand in the shadow of the Sherpaaa.

•••
Maybe you know of investors willing to fund this?

•••
It is desirable to transition the leading blogs towards a more corporate format in terms of appearance and content.

Kind regards,

kinda like a "new world order",

where you take their collective imo's and format them to conform to what, and how, you want information to be served?

imo....

•••
is often repetitive

There isn't much to talk about.

I think NamePros does the best job of being an information resource for and by domainers.

Most blogs feel like a personal perspective on domaining, with their own helpful features. To sanitize that in corporate format would defeat the purpose of having a blog at all.

•••
There isn't much to talk about.

I think NamePros does the best job of being an information resource for and by domainers.

Most blogs feel like a personal perspective on domaining, with their own helpful features. To sanitize that in corporate format would defeat the purpose of having a blog at all.

Great answer here. When it comes down to it everyone will have their own perspective on what is currently happening in the domain industry. I also enjoy reading when someone shares their own experiences of both successes and failures this is a great approach as well when it comes to sharing on a blog.

I am pretty sure with the news of DomainSherpa closing the doors every blog will give their own perspective as to what will the next Sherpa site? Why are they closing the doors etc.

This is an opportunity for someone to rise up and provide both the needed information and clarity within the industry and I agree NamePros is great at doing so.

- Will

•••
Hello.

It came to our attention that the content of blogs within the domain name industry needs to be refined. The current information presented is often repetitive and off topic. It is desirable to transition the leading blogs towards a more corporate format in terms of appearance and content.

Kind regards,
So....what are 'you' waiting for? Start one yourself, and fill the void of what you see...needs to be.

•••
•••
•••
That is because it's Fragers blog. He doesn't blog anymore, so to keep his blog going, he now just scrapes content out there. Wrong example of a 'domaining' related blog to use.

•••
As more and more people watch YouTube especially vlogs of those just vlogging their daily life etc and a domainers daily life would consist of buying and selling domain names etc and showing people how they find research and buy domains etc more and more domain name investors will start to vlog on Youtube about domain name investing and the flexibility it offers a domain name investor etc

That said np is still the greatest domain name community

•••
•••
The whole internet is craving content. The net is full of a billion amazon shops build anything original or do something properly and you will have visitors.

•••
Sounds like a good idea, but anthing I did wouldn't be corporate, or even corpulent. Probably more like a cormorant. :)

Now does anybody know how to find a good domain name?

•••
OK - here we go. My first domaining blog. I've just installed the basic site using b2evolution, and I haven't used that before, so I may be a bit slow adding content ( what a surprise :) ).

The Name Stag

comments and suchlike are disabled until I can set up the anti-spam stuff.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I don't really like WP, and I do enjoy experimenting. I've just killed the site though by trying an upgrade. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. :)

•••
These blogs are rather unuseful.

•••
These blogs are rather unuseful.

Do you mean they are useful, or do you mean they are destructive to the domain industry?

If you don't like them, you can always just ignore them. I think they are useful marketing tools.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back