Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aroon Bhattia

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys

I recently registered the domain name MRP.systems.

Would be interested to understand what all of your views are on this name and future potential etc...

Thanks all

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.systems has had one reported sale only.
So, I don't think there's a market there.
Reg fee for that reason.

•••
Did you have a thought in mind re what the acronym might stand for? I see on acronym finder many listings for MRP, but none stand out too much for me.

As has been noted, the publicly recorded sales for systems is really sparse. While pay(.)systems sold for $10,000 and eLearning(.)systems for $1136, that was back in 2015 and 2014 when there was more excitement (a bit) around the extension. The re-sales since them have been for tiny amounts ($35 for BinaryOptions, $39 once and then $11 for Asian, and $1 for WaterFiltration).

If you have a free listing option, e.g. through a marketplace where they are listed, I would try to list them for a tiny amount ($ to mid $$). I had luck in selling a 3 letter .science acronym that was not too well known that way, so at least got a multiple of my registration expense.

If there is some obvious acronym, I would try to contact those who might have interest in it. You might even try making up your own acronym - I actually suggested a new acronym in the text that went with the marketplace listing for the one I know (along with a number of existing ones). Like Mobile Revenue Payment or Most Respected People (two I just made up!). Good luck.

PS After I wrote the above I checked also on SoldDomains (beta) and noticed a new sale from end of November of 2017, $1500 for grid(.)systems, so now 3 sales over $1000, and 7 sales in total, not a lot but a little more encouraging.

Last edited:
•••
Did you have a thought in mind re what the acronym might stand for? I see on acronym finder many listings for MRP, but none stand out too much for me.

As has been noted, the publicly recorded sales for systems is really sparse. While pay(.)systems sold for $10,000 and eLearning(.)systems for $1136, that was back in 2015 and 2014 when there was more excitement (a bit) around the extension. The re-sales since them have been for tiny amounts ($35 for BinaryOptions, $39 once and then $11 for Asian, and $1 for WaterFiltration).

If you have a free listing option, e.g. through a marketplace where they are listed, I would try to list them for a tiny amount ($ to mid $$). I had luck in selling a 3 letter .science acronym that was not too well known that way, so at least got a multiple of my registration expense.

If there is some obvious acronym, I would try to contact those who might have interest in it. You might even try making up your own acronym - I actually suggested a new acronym in the text that went with the marketplace listing for the one I know (along with a number of existing ones). Like Mobile Revenue Payment or Most Respected People (two I just made up!). Good luck.

PS After I wrote the above I checked also on SoldDomains (beta) and noticed a new sale from end of November of 2017, $1500 for grid(.)systems, so now 3 sales over $1000, and 7 sales in total, not a lot but a little more encouraging.
Thanks for that, really interesting read and great information :)

•••
MRP = Manufacturers Retail Price?
*MSRP = Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (available)

Not sure who the end user would be, maybe a company that makes price guns and price tags?

Good luck!

•••
MRP most usually stands for Material Resources Planning, which is a key tool used particularly in manufacturing and logistics industries. For that reason, it's certainly not the worst .systems domain you could have registered.

However, it's tough to see an end-user for this domain.

Somebody developing/launching new MRP software is more likely to enter the market with a brandable software domain as opposed to a generic keyword. Only value I can see is in offering it to existing MRP suppliers, who may be able to use it as a redirect to their primary site.

Just my two cents...

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back