Dynadot

question Domain marketplace Wordpress themes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hi there,
I am sure this was discussed already 100 times, but as time pass by the wp themes evolve and improve.
does somebody has good experience with domain marketplace wp themes?
I have some really good domains for that and would like to start one
  • keyworddomains.com
  • keyworddomain.com
  • domains.it
  • domainerclub.com
  • many many more
maybe somebody has tried some? Or build an overview?
I think one of the most important things is the backend, I do not want to try 20 or 30 themes.

let me know what your experience is.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do run some online shops and my best experience is with Opencart and the premium theme Journal. It's backend is outstanding compared to many others. And the support is great. The only bad part is that it's to many options for most, but then there is demo data to import if need be.

No difference between most domain shops and a regular store IMO if there isn't a need for auctions. Never found a WP theme that I really would recommend.

•••
I do run some online shops and my best experience is with Opencart and the premium theme Journal. It's backend is outstanding compared to many others. And the support is great. The only bad part is that it's to many options for most, but then there is demo data to import if need be.

No difference between most domain shops and a regular store IMO if there isn't a need for auctions. Never found a WP theme that I really would recommend.

looks like you have the same issue like I have. Problem is we are expects and the plugins which exist are far away from that what we need!
I will check out opencart, can you share a link of your installation? I would like to see what you build...

•••
OK. Rather than open up another discussion, I think this topic covers my question. I see quite a lot of Wordpress Themes used by Domainers here, which have logos etc. But whenever I search thru Wordpress or ThemeForest, I find exactly none available. Free or Paid. Does that mean you are all developing your own Wordpress Themes? Somehow, I doubt it. So would anybody like to comment on what Themes they are using/adapting? Perhaps we could even use this thread to showcase your Wordpress Domain Sales Themes?

•••
•••
no. B-) I was too busy to look it up earlier but the way people speak sometimes maybe they dont deserve it.

•••
That is exactly the problem with this thread. Nobody is prepared to share what they find. Even though no 2 For Sales sites will look the same because of the amount tailoring required.

•••
As I said when I have the time to look it up, make mine to a satisfactory level then I will share. :)

•••
I have added a domains for sale section to my Shopify store. I'm using a lightly modified version of their free "Classic" theme because the left side navigation lets me add lots of what they call "collections". I use "Tags" to organize the domains. A single domain can have multiple tags. $30/mo plus a percentage but for that all purchases go through their checkout and I don't have to worry about that end of things.

•••
There are tons of portfolio type templates or e-commerce shopping type templates that work just fine for domains.

It is unfinished, but I used a theme from elegant themes to do www.dotcomexpert.com

Last edited:
•••
It is unfinished, but I used a theme from elegant themes to do www.dotcomexpert.com

Nice start. I really like your about description on the home page. Makes me think of lawyers who always have some shelf corporations for sale.

•••
•••
There are tons of portfolio type templates or e-commerce shopping type templates that work just fine for domains.

I actually like Elegant Themes. Which theme are you using?

•••
I have added a domains for sale section to my Shopify store. I'm using a lightly modified version of their free "Classic" theme because the left side navigation lets me add lots of what they call "collections". I use "Tags" to organize the domains. A single domain can have multiple tags. $30/mo plus a percentage but for that all purchases go through their checkout and I don't have to worry about that end of things.

Looks very clean. I like it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back