Dynadot

strategy Domain Market Booms and Busts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Keith DeBoer

BrandableInsider.comTop Member
Impact
tawg3q34343.PNG

I wrote this article about 18 months too soon (y) It might have more relevance now.
https://dngeek.com/2018/09/how-to-make-money-if-the-domain-market-crashes/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I assume there will be more buying opportunities, but there has been an awful lot of consolidation in recent years. Many of the invest quality domains are in strong hands now.

Brad

•••
There might be a crash but not yet:

If there is a deflationary collapse, maybe. I am just not seeing that scenario. Gas prices are plummeting because driving and flying are going to be out of fashion for a long time. Deployable money is shifting to productive assets and wealth preservation that can thrive in an increasingly digital world. Zoom and Docusign are rocketing higher while Boeing, airlines and auto manufacturers are cratering. Trendwatchers were saying this would happen. It finally happened. The folks on the wrong side of that trend just got their butts handed to them by a Black Swan.

upload_2020-3-23_11-10-47.png

•••
At present I see no signs of softness in the aftermarket. But retail sales will likely weaken especially for the big ticket domains.

It will be interesting to see how things go when unemployment skyrockets next month and thereafter. We're in un-chartered waters. I'm not predicting a crash but we are in a time of transition. A good time to stay alert and on our toes.

Food for thought: The decline in venture capital you see below started in June 2019, long before COVID-19.

Good comments, guys, thanks for reading.

98po98uy.PNG

Last edited:
•••
Back