IT.COM

Wanted Domain Liquidation Platform - Seeking input for new Epik project

NameSilo
Watch
Dear Namepros,

The team at Epik is exploring the development of a project that aims to shift the painful domain name expiration process into a more profitable experience for domainers. Perhaps you have read my opinions about registrars selling expired domains and refusing to help registrants in recovery. The time to disrupt this with action has come!

In the meantime, since joining Epik last month, I decided to do something about it with the help of some amazing engineers. The goal of this "name liquidate" idea is to sell domains directly to buyers that may otherwise wait to acquire these domains at expired auctions or being filled as registrar backorders which pays zero to the registrant.

The planned solution addresses two domainer pain points,
1. Liquidation of expiring inventory brings much needed capital, meaning you can renew more of your portfolio.
2. Buyers get clear title and dont waste time bidding on names that can be recovered post-expiry.

Here is the process,
1. Submit your domains: you unlock your domains, provide auth codes.
2. Seller acknowledges that a fast-transfer of the domain will occur once domain has a bid.
3. Bidders agree to non-revocable change of ownership if their bid prevails.
4. Sellers receive a large portion (80%?) of auction proceeds.

The process begins with a 7 day reverse auction counting down hourly/daily, down to $1 plus renewal/transfer for delivery. The domain doesn't have to be expired or expiring. You can submit the name multiple times during the life of the name but not more than once per year. Once the auth code is verified:
β€’ Epik parks the domain with auction template with Make Offer pricing so retail bids can come in.
β€’ Wholesale buyers are informed of expired auction inventory update.
β€’ Domain goes through reverse auction in 7 days
β€’ Domains are fast transferred to Epik as soon as one bid is made.
β€’ If seller locks name, all domains will be removed and no further listings will be accepted from seller.
β€’ Domains already at Epik are pre-qualified for "name liquidate" services, but you must opt in manually.
β€’ External domains are eligible once auth codes are verified.
β€’ Data will include number of views, expiration date, and expected delivery.
β€’ Pre-set domain buys will give you the ability to buy any name when a price hits a certain target.
β€’ Once a bid is submitted, it cannot be revoked. All purchases a final non-refundable.
As for brand name, we are considering NameLiquidate.com β€” very descriptive name and targeted at a very specific audience. That said, open to considering other names. A separate brand naming project is coming shortly for what Rob describes as the β€œUltimate Digital Brand Marketplace”. This is separate.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Ategy It isn't just for expiring domains. According to Rob in a comment he wrote yesterday:

"Two main use-cases:

- Domain is expired or expiring and seller is trying to salvage some value before he/she gets zero.

- Domain is not expired or expiring but seller needs urgent cash."

•••
Domain is not expired or expiring but seller needs urgent cash.
lol .. ok .. but yet he also said this a few days before that ...

These are 2 different projects:
1. NameLiquidate.com: Wholesale marketplace for fast liquidation of inventory at prices of as low as $9.
2. Ultimate Digital Brand Marketplace: Retail-facing marketplace to address needs of people who shop at Flippa, Sedo, Squadhelp etc. The buyers can buy bundles of domain, software, social handles, etc.

The brands are separate in order to prevent liquidation inventory (with liquidation pricing) cluttering the experience for retail buyers reviewing curated inventory.

In the end I think it would be a bad idea to liquidate (non-expiring domains) in a system that forces the buyer to pay extra for renewals because for lower value liquidations that could make a huge difference in a buyer accepting. Imagine wanting $10 per domain, but the buyer needs to pay $10+renewal .. HUGE difference and changes the probabilities of sale significantly.

More importantly, while in theory non-expiring domains (ONLY those already at Epik) wouldn't need to pay a renewal/transfer, I think having that extra factor would clutter things up and make things a bit confusing. Well .. maybe not too bad since the only real audience is other domainers who "should" understand. But having a tiny note on the bottom that says "Renewals Extra" is a lot simpler than having it for most but having exceptions here and there.

Either way .. there is sooo much left to do on this .. kinda of hard to say which would be better until they've implemented a few more essentials ...

•••
@Ategy No argument with you there. Personally I wouldn't liquidate there anything that isn't expiring or nearing expiration. But perhaps some people are more adventurous or just need the cash ASAP no matter what. Either way, the system currently isn't just for expiring domains and that's a fact so it's important to know if renewal fees are being added to all domains or just expiring ones. Even though this'll be a site that mainly (maybe only) domainers will use, IMO it's still beneficial to have clarity. Remember that not all people who will arrive there will have NP pricing enabled so it won't be a $8 renewal they'll see in some cases... but much higher. Clicking on a BIN and then moving forward to see such a renewal appear in the cart could be a deal killer. So I just think Epik should consider these sort of things.

Last edited:
•••
, IMO it's still beneficial to have clarity.
I agree 1000% there. I've already made several communications/clarity suggestions. Unfortunately it seems it is the way it is until early Jan as @Rob Monster has given the developers a week off!

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the crawl/walk/run philosophy when it comes to online platforms where critical mass is crucial. But all these domains were going to expire anyways (or at least that's what I thought until you just posted above .. lol), so no real loss there, and as long as they don't make any serious marketing push BEFORE the platform has a minimum usability factor (DEFINITELY NOT there yet), then again, I don't think those already there will run too far, as I'm thinking most are people from this thread and are aware it's pre-beta and get their questions answered here.

IDEA:
I just added my first domain (brakingtechnologies.com from GoDaddy), and couldn't find it at first in my Epik domain manager. There was a notice that said I had a non-Epik domain blabla ...

When I clicked the notice to see the management of that domain, it didn't say anywhere the domain was at DomainLiquidate. I was thinking that first of all there should be a notification. But also next to it have an option to "Auto-Renew" or "Auto-Transfer" *IF* the domain doesn't sell.

•••
@DanSanchez Is there an option of exporting all names from NL stock? Can't be sure now but i think i read something like this earlier in this thread. Anyway would be a must for me as a buyer.

•••
Just bought a domain from NameLiquidate. Very good experience. Regular Epik checkout and the domain landed in my account immediately.
I can confirm this experience. Everything is fast, smooth and correct.

I would prefer checkboxes for easier bulk purchase @DanSanchez. In the moment you have to put every single name to your shopping cart and then go back to the list to choose the next name etc.

•••
I was a bit late seeing this project and I love it.

I had a passing thought about something like this a few weeks back so I'm thrilled it's coming together so quickly.

I'll need to try this out from both sides asap.

•••
I agree 1000% there. I've already made several communications/clarity suggestions. Unfortunately it seems it is the way it is until early Jan as @Rob Monster has given the developers a week off!

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the crawl/walk/run philosophy when it comes to online platforms where critical mass is crucial. But all these domains were going to expire anyways (or at least that's what I thought until you just posted above .. lol), so no real loss there, and as long as they don't make any serious marketing push BEFORE the platform has a minimum usability factor (DEFINITELY NOT there yet), then again, I don't think those already there will run too far, as I'm thinking most are people from this thread and are aware it's pre-beta and get their questions answered here.

IDEA:
I just added my first domain (brakingtechnologies.com from GoDaddy), and couldn't find it at first in my Epik domain manager. There was a notice that said I had a non-Epik domain blabla ...

When I clicked the notice to see the management of that domain, it didn't say anywhere the domain was at DomainLiquidate. I was thinking that first of all there should be a notification. But also next to it have an option to "Auto-Renew" or "Auto-Transfer" *IF* the domain doesn't sell.

It is true - the core team of engineers have off until January 7 after a massive development sprint in the second half of December. I expect they will come back recharged with a stack of tasks and designs ready.

There are some QA issues that will likely get patched on Monday, e.g. domains that are in overtime will go to the "Bargain Bin" for as long as the domain is unlocked and the auth code is valid.

Right after the break, look for notable progress in the areas of:

- NameLiquidate
- DNProtect
- DNEncrypt

Also now on staging and coming online after the break:

- Escrow Dashboard
- Integrated CRM
- Single Sign On 2.0
- Masterbucks 2.0

@Gube continues to drive ahead on NameInvestors.com dashboard -- the platform is open to co-developers from across the industry, and beyond.

What is notable about NameLiquidate is really the speed of execution. We went from idea to launch in less than a month. It is an example of what we have started to call: Crawl, Sprint, Run. You can picture it.

I want to take the opportunity to thank @DanSanchez for his initiative and entrepreneurship in bringing this idea to light. I want to thank the NP community for enthusiastic co-creation. Well done.

•••
Thanks everyone for giving the site a chance, we are still really early in the process of adding features that are critical to communication and functionality from both buyers and sellers.

In my view, the lack of some functions can be exploited early by those who care to understand the process without the functions in plain sight. Some great domains to be had for $9 right now and they are running on extended closeouts. I am about to buy one and I know others have purchased from the site as well, at considerably higher price than $9 closeouts.

I don't really think speed is an issue at the end. We need to remember that 95%++ of these domains unfortunately will not sell even if they were at $1 (+renewal).

The real key is to pull out as much value as possible from the domains that do sell. Get those $15 sales that otherwise would have been $9. So it's important those final stages actually not be too fast.

Two very key crucial features that would have a significant effect of inflating final prices are:

(1) The already mentioned increasing proxy / bidding (effectively the same thing)
.. AND ..
(2) Showing a timer to the next price drop.
(Be sure to include wording/info that covers the final hour at $9)

Thanks Ategy, agreed on your suggestions. The current price drop rate was entirely mathematical and put in place for expediency purposes. The penny prices is not ideal at all. But you nailed it, the real key is to enable domain registrants to extract whatever value the buyers see in their inventory INSTEAD of losing 100%+ to a random expiring auction that may only benefit stockholders of a billion dollar operation. We want to economically empower as many individuals as possible, even if that means getting $8 to cover the renewal cost of another domain!

Just bought a domain from NameLiquidate. Very good experience. Regular Epik checkout and the domain landed in my account immediately. It's definitely refreshing to get a domain a nanosecond after the purchase! I very rarely get fast transfers via Afternic.

@DanSanchez Even though I wasn't surprised to see a renewal price added to the domain's price because I'm used to it from closeouts etc.- I think it could be beneficial to have some sort of clarification about renewals so any potential buyer would know exactly what they should expect even before clicking on Buy It Now. For example- are renewals automatically added to all purchases or just to expiring domains? Since the platform isn't only for expiring domains- I think this is an important matter to clarify to potential buyers. IMO full transparency from the first moment someone lands at a marketplace or an auction platform is something that's lacking from most venues and it could add to NameLiquidate's credibility and be a differentiation factor.

Happy to hear the process is working as designed. Our main concern was getting that correctly FIRST before doing some other updates that are also needed for a positive experience. But the foundation is working and that makes me happy.

On the renewal price, I'm sorry it wasn't part of the initial price quote but it will be once we have individual domain pages. I wrote out all the explanation text and it's ready for implementation as soon as the Dev team gets back from their brief holiday. Inside the text is also a breakdown of the costs, including the renewals.

Working on this today:
A quick video of how to properly navigate V1 of NameLiquidate without the critical features mentioned here. As well as a guide on finding good names for buyers. For sellers, a quick video on how to properly list and keep track of your listings.

What is notable about NameLiquidate is really the speed of execution. We went from idea to launch in less than a month. It is an example of what we have started to call: Crawl, Sprint, Run. You can picture it.

I want to take the opportunity to thank @DanSanchez for his initiative and entrepreneurship in bringing this idea to light. I want to thank the NP community for enthusiastic co-creation. Well done.

Thank YOU Rob, this was merely an idea that required your leadership and execution to be deployed. The NP community has been incredible as well. All positivity and great feedback. You are all taking part in the individual empowerment of hundreds or thousands of your colleagues.

•••
While making the tutorial video for buyers, I ran into a unique situation that is exciting to encounter.

I found a decent name that is 9+ years old for $9. Seller was done paying for renewals and just wanted to liquidate. Did some basic research and found several potential buyers that may come to see the domain for upgrading their existing name or launching a new venture.
jjM1hor.png

The name got added to my cart, I paid, and listed the domain immediately on the marketplace for lease and sale. The strategy is always to represent the ideal value of the domain to a business that wants to have THE best possible 2-word combination from the available group, if any.

OGRh4h9.png

The unique thing about this particular name is that the name was NOT expired, it has 6 months left in the registration! And it was already at Epik. This means I didn't have to pay for a transfer (external domains, expired or not will have to pay for a transfer into Epik for delivery.) and I didn't have to pay for a renewal.

Seller got $8 to renew another domain instantly and I received the domain ownership immediately after payment cleared.

Now I get to list an aged domain that has a good likelihood of being seen by qualified buyers in the next 6 months.
mqSOfXQ.png

The lease offer is super attractive, at $200 initial cost and $75 a month. It's a good price for someone who is unsure or might not have the capital to invest immediately. This also sets the price of purchase firmly in their mind. A goal to reach after success sets in.

As far as profit, I would make a solid margin even if the renter only paid for the initial fee and a single month of rent. The domain is worth renewing for another year even if it doesn't rent. My total investment still falls below the usual "Expired closeouts" price from Godaddy for example.
8IvbyaO.png

Happy hunting!

•••
While making the tutorial video for buyers, I ran into a unique situation that is exciting to encounter.

I found a decent name that is 9+ years old for $9. Seller was done paying for renewals and just wanted to liquidate. Did some basic research and found several potential buyers that may come to see the domain for upgrading their existing name or launching a new venture.
jjM1hor.png

The name got added to my cart, I paid, and listed the domain immediately on the marketplace for lease and sale. The strategy is always to represent the ideal value of the domain to a business that wants to have THE best possible 2-word combination from the available group, if any.

OGRh4h9.png

The unique thing about this particular name is that the name was NOT expired, it has 6 months left in the registration! And it was already at Epik. This means I didn't have to pay for a transfer (external domains, expired or not will have to pay for a transfer into Epik for delivery.) and I didn't have to pay for a renewal.

Seller got $8 to renew another domain instantly and I received the domain ownership immediately after payment cleared.

Now I get to list an aged domain that has a good likelihood of being seen by qualified buyers in the next 6 months.
mqSOfXQ.png

The lease offer is super attractive, at $200 initial cost and $75 a month. It's a good price for someone who is unsure or might not have the capital to invest immediately. This also sets the price of purchase firmly in their mind. A goal to reach after success sets in.

As far as profit, I would make a solid margin even if the renter only paid for the initial fee and a single month of rent. The domain is worth renewing for another year even if it doesn't rent. My total investment still falls below the usual "Expired closeouts" price from Godaddy for example.
8IvbyaO.png

Happy hunting!

That is a very helpful applied tutorial you did there. Looking forward to the video.

The investment return calculator idea I also like and would support adding that to Epik UX.

@Ala Dadan @vitigo

•••
@DanSanchez .. Just be careful when looking at numbers like that. That is not your return on investment, it's your POTENTIAL return on investment *IF* somebody rents your domain.

To get a usable number for your domain portfolio investment planning, you'd also need to factor in the probability of rent. A number which on an individual domain is effectively impossible to determine as there are way too many factors involved (exactly like how getting an accurate valuation on a single domain is also virtually impossible). However, both numbers can be generalised on a macro-scale level (yet can still vary drastically between domainers and even between domains owned by the same domainer)

I suppose the real question, is of ALL the domains that were registered at Epik on or before* Dec 29th 2018 (one year ago), that were also listed for rent (but not actually rented), what percentage had a new renter within the last year? Maybe 1/5,000 (= 0.02%)?
* Meaning we obviously need to exclude ALL domains that were listed less than a year EVEN if they were since rented, as those would only count for the following year statistically speaking*

Obviously in this case your domain is significantly better than the "average" domain, so you certainly could modify the probability on a domain by domain basis, but for sake of argument, let's talk "on average" the actual return on investment in terms of overall portfolio performance .. it would be 5,000 times less than the numbers in the calculation in the image you posted.

Note that when I say a 1/5,000 "rent-through" rate, I'm completely guestimating .. and it has NOTHING to do with Epik as I'd think that would be the ratio industry wide if rentals were even available, as I'm just trying to emphasise how crucial it is to have significantly above average quality domains to be successful in domaining.

That being said .. I want to be VERY CLEAR that despite the gloomy numbers/probabilities of domain rentals, domain rentals is still a VERY GOOD THING .. because even if it's a small number, it's a BONUS that is ADDED to the same calculation that also needs to be done for the expected return from the sale of the domain (again .. expected sales profit divided by probability of sale).

So the same "probability of sale" factor needs to be entered into domainers calculations when assessing their portfolio. That's where the famous 1% comes into play (some people say 2%, although the actual % can and does vary significantly more based on quality and pricing).

To be honest, I think the industry average is actually closer to 0.1% in that 1% is the average for the minority of good domainers who survived their first year of two without losing everything (congrats to all who are among the rare few).

In the end you'd add both the calculated returns for "rental revenue/probability" plus "sale revenue /probability", and that's the number to stick in your portfolio for expected return.

If there's one key feature of valuation services, it's that all the ones publicly available are all missing the absolutely crucial probability of sale. A number that's absolutely essential if you want to do any fiscal analysis on your domain portfolio .. because no portfolio will ever have a 100% sales(or rent)-through rate unless they are selling their domains at a loss (or selling stolen domains). The only potential exception is someone who wholesales at volume and is extremely good at mining/buying domains below even wholesale cost.

ADDED: Note that when it comes to accounting, I'd think domain leases (as opposed to domain rentals) would be considered a sale. Although for projection and analysis reasons, you might want to discount the actual sales price based on the average percentage of $ actually collected from domain leases when also including leases that were abandoned (I'm not sure if that's a significant number or not in the industry as I'm only done 100%-paid upfront sales so far as a domainer).

Last edited:
•••

jjM1hor.png

OGRh4h9.png

mqSOfXQ.png

8IvbyaO.png

Happy hunting!

We need more contract templates with different number scenarios for non-# people.

Know epik never shares customer data, but what ur most popular "contract"? price range

think β€œlease” carry negative stigma.. too
maybe try "contract"! ;) Most leases should include the option to buy...

leasing isnt means to an end, it's a newer way to finance, wish more, utilized!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Right, the only point I made was that the name has a lower point of entry than a purchase and that may quantify a certain return if it did.

In my experience end-users that want to buy will either finance or lease if the option is available instead of offering $500 to buy it. We want to increase the number of positive cashflow opportunities without releasing ownership of the unique digital assets for amounts that are meaningless in the perspective or your portfolio.

This involves an industry-wide shift away from two things 1. Never knowing who your retail buyer is before saying yes. 2. Limiting the number of domains sold "cheap."

My goals have shifted away from selling for pennies regardless of the usual "sale rate" and opting for a large number of positive cashflow streams. If I can lease 10 names instead of selling them, my cashflow can stardardize instead of fluctuate wildly. Plus the added bonus of a market proven domain that does not leave my ownership.

This specific name has a $200 buffer. If the client doesn't want to pay an upfront fee to lease, it could be waved in exchange for the opportunity to create $75 income stream every month.

The probabilty rate of any domain being sold/leased comes from demand. Not from calculations. You can't calculate impulse buys or individual actions. If you couldn't sell a name after x number of years, liquidate. But if you can lower the entry barriers by basing the usability of the domain on a lease instead of a sale, you can keep your cake and eat it too.

•••
What % of all domain lease contracts, don't include option to buy? the entire industry, i wish this the standard but must be grateful, as many don't offer leasing options.!! im excited to see world leasing domains, still underutilized,

Anyone experience someone not willing "option to buy" clause?

Can we compromise, add right of first refusal.?

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing your individual experience

Even though different DNs, supply demand β€”
seeing your, individual leasing case, helped!
made want lease more! Seeing u cash flows.
leasing beats not getting anything, will use! (y)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
The probabilty rate of any domain being sold/leased comes from demand. Not from calculations. You can't calculate impulse buys or individual actions.
Yes .. on the individual domain level there is absolutely no way to calculate either value or probability. But when you're looking at your portfolio as a whole and volume, then you certainly can use macro-level probabilities to forecast (if you have enough volume).

From that you can also compensate and change the expected probability based on quality of domain and price/value. For example, while I guestimated that maybe 1 in 5000 domains actually get rented in a year, with yours being significantly above the average quality and the fact you're offering at a very good price:value ratio to the end-user, that could probably increase your probability by at least a factor of 10x.

Again, that does not mean you will have a 1 in 500 chance of renting that specific domain in the next year, but it does mean there's a good likelihood that if you had 5000 such domains of similar quality listed at a similar price, that you'd likely rent 10 on average every year (if not, then you aren't using the correct numbers/adjustments).

I really need to stress though .. renting 10 domains out of 5000 might sound low .. because alone it is .. but 100% of that money is a bonus because most registrar marketplaces don't allow domain rentals, so all that revenue is IN ADDITION to your actual domain sales. Then when you look at those two numbers combined, the extra can indeed make a nice difference in annual revenue.

The only real question remaining, is what is the actual rate of domains being rented? If the average is 1/5,000 and realistically speaking "good" domainers can expect 10x(+) higher rent-through rates because of better quality domains than the "average domain", then it's certainly worth the effort, but if the real number is closer to 1/50,000 with the average "good domainer quality" being closer to 1/5,000, then it might not be worth the effort (and extra distraction from actual domain sales).

Again .. I want to be clear that I am in no way belittling the option of domain rentals. 1/500 rent-through sounds low .. but it's actually 0.2% per year .. yes indeed low on it's own .. but if your sales-through is at 1%, then the combined 1.2% can make a HUGE difference at the end of the year!

I sell my domains at very high margins, so I'm actually comfortably profitable with under a 1% annual sell-through, so in my case and for those with a similar business model to me, a 0.2% increase would actually be HUGE! :)

@DanSanchez .. while I will 100% getting a long term revenue stream can be more profitable, I think the only danger is that there are a large number of companies who would only consider buying a domain and would never start a brand on a domain that was not 100% their and 100% under their control/ownership.

A huge factor is probably domainers business model. My general price-point is mid 4-figures, so when I sell a domain for $5k, it's generally to a company that wants to own the domain.

However .. for domainers who sell for lower amounts at higher volumes, these $1k-$2k domains ironically are generally bought by people in pre-startup .. meaning it's just a person putting the domain on their credit card not even 100% if they're going to go through and even start the company. For those people most definitely giving a rental (or lease) option can actually increase your volume much more than hurt it! :)

•••
How-to video premiering shortly! A bit long winded but hey it was ONE take.

•••
By the way, in order to prevent side effects IF the authcode was changed by the registrar, or the domain was just recently locked by registrar due to one reason or another (real expiration is the 1st thing I can think of), the system might perform realtime check - is the domain unlocked and is the authcode correct - right before processing buyers payment. If there is something wrong with the domain - then there should be no charge, and the transaction should go to manual processing instead, including communications with the seller.

•••
By the way, in order to prevent side effects IF the authcode was changed by the registrar, or the domain was just recently locked by registrar due to one reason or another (real expiration is the 1st thing I can think of), the system might perform realtime check - is the domain unlocked and is the authcode correct - right before processing buyers payment. If there is something wrong with the domain - then there should be no charge, and the transaction should go to manual processing instead, including communications with the seller.

Good input.

The system re-testing the auth code every 1 hour. So, it safeguards against the scenario of a domain no longer being available for some reason. It might even check the auth code validity more frequently than that. It should also check it once more immediately when the domain is being bought.

Anyway, will confirm with @vitigo and team on these points in order make sure that this is a no-surprises marketplace where domain buyers are getting clear title quickly and without clawback risk.

Last edited:
•••
The auctions are fast, only 72hrs from start to finish.
Did I understand correctly that (in common terms) each submitted domain would be either "liquidated" within 72 hours or never "liquidated" on the platform at all? Would it disappear from nameliquidate.com after 72 hours, and, if so, would it still remain inside epik account portfolio (what for, if it is expiring external domain for example?).
If so, while 72 hours sounds reasonble, it might still make sense to make it longer. Lets say 5 days. Or 1 week which I think was mentioned in related discussions. There may be long holidays, different in different countries worldwide, etc. A domain submitted today on Dec. 29 will be less likely purchased due to new year holidays for example.

•••
This is awesome! Is there a limit as to how many domains we can list? And if we list expired domains how far past the expiration can they be?

•••
Did I understand correctly that (in common terms) each submitted domain would be either "liquidated" within 72 hours or never "liquidated" on the platform at all? Would it disappear from nameliquidate.com after 72 hours, and, if so, would it still remain inside epik account portfolio (what for, if it is expiring external domain for example?).
If so, while 72 hours sounds reasonble, it might still make sense to make it longer. Lets say 5 days. Or 1 week which I think was mentioned in related discussions. There may be long holidays, different in different countries worldwide, etc. A domain submitted today on Dec. 29 will be less likely purchased due to new year holidays for example.

Yes, the domains at Epik do stay on a bit longer after the final hour to allow for closeout snaps. But after 72hrs, the cycle ends. You can manually remove it from your portfolio inside Epik if you prefer. We had a 7 day timeline but the process was a bit too slow for it to be priced at $998.

The holiday argument is valid, I would argue you must plan ahead and time your auctions to end at a desirable time and day. But even over Christmas holiday we had a lot of traffic. With move inventory will come more folks looking for deals regardless of the time/date.

This is awesome! Is there a limit as to how many domains we can list? And if we list expired domains how far past the expiration can they be?

No limit, no fees to list.

Last edited:
•••

As long as the as auth codes are valid and you are comfortable with the price being as low as $9 with 9% commission, then have at it.

The domains can display for as long as the auth codes work and the domain is unlocked.

To avoid issues, @vitigo will refine the algorithm for the auction countdown. Domains that are already expired so that those auctions are shorter if they are bumping up against the delete deadline for that registrar.

•••
And making downloadable list should be the 1st priority. I would not mind also to act as a buyer, but I will need to analyse lists... Also, it might be useful to receive daily email updates for new domains added. Depends on the list size of course, I cannot imagine and do not want to receive daily expired list from hugedomains for example

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back