NameSilo
  1. Great news!
    We've decided to go back to our roots: NamePros 2004. We hope you enjoy our old-but-new look!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain Liquidation Platform - Seeking input for new Epik project

Labeled as Wanted in Promotional, started by DanSanchez, Dec 3, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. JoeCanadian

JoeCanadian Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    10:49 AM
    Great to see NameLiquidate showing more inventory and bids. Two questions:

- noticed there is an option to cancel the auction. Is that a permanent feature? I have some names that I may list so long as I can bail well above $9.
    - glad to see option of placing a bid. I'm surprised that a bid is public. Problem with making bid public is that invites someone to snipe you. If I see a domain I like I'd be inclined to wait for it decline to my price where I can I do a Buy-Now rather than creating a potential auction. Maybe disclose number of bids instead of value of bids?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

User's Time:
    3:49 AM
    I have started a thread in expiring names for anyone to highlight either their own or other names that they want to give a shoutout to, provided they are at NameLiquidate.

My plan is NOT for me to post daily, but hope it will be a community thread where various people will post some of the more interesting names at NameLiquidate.

Here is a link to the thread.

Bob

3. wrolie

wrolie Upgraded Member Blue Account

User's Time:
    I actually like it that the bid is public, as names with bids will generate more interest. I suppose it depends whether the platform is optimized for buyers or for sellers. My vote is to optimize for sellers to fetch the best price. Would be nice also to filter on names with bids.

4. Ryan217

Ryan217 Established Member

User's Time:
    I think I tend to agree that the high bid should not be publicly shown, just the number of bids. It still shows a measure of interest but without giving away how little you can get away with bidding which would optimize more for sellers IMO.

But I would like if I could see the actual high bid on my names as a seller. I know Rob mentioned in another thread a sellers dashboard coming soon, that would be nice to see everything I got listed in one place along with its current status including listing that are now ended either sold or unsold.

5. wrolie

User's Time:
    I think the high bid must be shown because buyers are required to bid a higher amount.

6. Ryan217

User's Time:
    But that's an arbitrary requirement. They could allow bids of any amount but only goes to the highest bid, if theres more than one then it goes to whoever's put it in first.

7. NicTraders

NicTraders Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

User's Time:
    8:49 PM
    I agree also. A bidder will receive immediate feedback if their bid is lower than another anyway, so they can always increase their bid if they wish.

8. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    6:49 AM
    High bid should not be shown. The number of bids should not be shown. What for? We are already too far from the original nameliquidate dutch auctions model. Nor is it exactly sealed bids auction. In a sealed bid auction and Dutch auction, the bidders act with the lack of knowledge of the other bids. Actually, it is exactly what increases the final sale prices in a long run. Any particular reason why NameLiquidate does not want this to happen?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  9. NamesCost

NamesCost Established Member

User's Time:
    Have to agree with this one.

10. AnthonyD

AnthonyD Optimal Names VIP Gold Account

User's Time:
    I've got several names listed but when I visit the domain(s) it doesnt take me to any sort of page, it just says

upload_2020-2-3_13-17-47.png

11. NamesCost

User's Time:
    I too got
    doesnt work.

( I used forwarding to NamesLiquidate.com/domain.tld ) but it fails

12. Bob Hawkes

User's Time:
    Re getting pointers to work for NameLiquidate this is what I do. I only have 10 names listed there, or it would be too much work. And I like visually nice landers, even for names at liquidation :xf.wink:.
    • I use ns3.epik.com, ns4.epic.com for DNS to point domains held elsewhere to Epik.
    • I do a build (free) for the domain in my Epik portfolio (even though not registered at Epik - NamePros member feature).
    • On that description I put a link to the NameLiquidate listing.
    You can see an example by entering funny.claims in a browser.

Yes, a bit of work but seems to work. If you change to old style of link you can have it go to a NameLiquidate showing hours (advantage).

Bob

13. wrolie

User's Time:
    I was not able to add an .xyz domain from uniregistry and .science domains from bigrock. I receive the message "Unable to verify domain info." I verified that the auth code is valid and the domain is unlocked. Are there some extensions that are not supported?

14. NicTraders

NicTraders Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

User's Time:
    8:49 PM
    It seems that certain extensions with certain registrars don't work. Refer to this post. I don't think there has been any official response from Epik about this. And don't know if @Bob Hawkes can shed any more light as to whether he got any more to work or not?...

15. Ryan217

User's Time:
    I ran into the same thing with a .site

16. Bob Hawkes

User's Time:
    No I tried again but it seems to me that certain combinations never would get approved. Like I tried multiple .best from Porkbun and .online from GoDaddy, and even though I am sure I had the Auth Codes right and they were unlocked, all failed. I was successful in getting several other TLDs from Porkbun to work just fine though, so it seems to me that some registry-registrar combinations are problematics. Perhaps @DanSanchez can shed some light on this? I presume any name at Epik works (although have not wanted to liquidate any of my own Epik ones yet to try).
    Bob

17. DanSanchez

DanSanchez Brokerage & Acquisitions Epik.com Staff VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

User's Time:
    Apologies guys I definitely missed that post on the official thread, Bob. Just escalated this to engineering. Can one of you send me a domain that failed and a valid auth code? Will try to replicate on our end and see why it is occurring.

Thank you everyone for letting us know.

18. Bob Hawkes

User's Time:
    I sent you a number of names that failed from three different registrars and in several different new (and one country code) extension. Thanks for looking into it.

Bob

19. Bob Hawkes

User's Time:
    For what it is worth, I personally think that NameLiquidate should be a place for expiring domain names only, rather than a mix of many expiring domain names along with some that are not expiring.

I like that NameLiquidate is limited to 7 days, and you are not allowing unsold to be listed again until a very long waiting period, but I think even this means that some brand confusion creeps in. Everyone knows that domainers value names at expiring auctions more than those at user auctions. Your all sales are final adds to what the other expiring auctions offer, and the count down is a good idea.

I think the mix of expiring with other types of liquidation is confusing the issue. Could not non-expiring be dealt with in your existing marketplace, or a new version of it with its own down auction, perhaps a slower one?

Just my opinion,

Bob

20. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

User's Time:
    Bob - There are definite cases where people need to liquidate right now. For those cases, there is utility for the 7 day auction beyond expiry. In other words, the domain may not be "perishable" in terms of expiration but for the guy who needs money by Friday or else, it has a purpose.

21. AnthonyD

AnthonyD Optimal Names VIP Gold Account

User's Time:
    A suggestion perhaps: show the top 10 or 15 domains in the following categories: Newly Listed, Recent Sold, Closing Soon with each category showing two columns: DomainName, Amount. This way when you arrive at NameLiquidate.com buyers not only see the listing of domains, search/filter, etc you also have one click access to the top 10-15 names in those categories so buyers can go right to the name.

22. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

User's Time:
    Good input there. Will review with @DanSanchez, @Ala Dadan and @vitigo. NameLiquidate will have filters, post auction "Bargain Bin" and a seller dashboard very shortly. I like the idea of the tabs:

- Current auctions (i.e. home view)
    - Closing Soon
    - Available at Reserve Price (aka "Bargain Bin")
    - Newly Listed
    - Featured (editors picks)
    - Active (e.g. high bid count)
    - Popular (e.g. Numeric names)
    - Recently Sold

Other input there?

23. NamesCost

User's Time:
    Spot ON!
    One click for .com only , gtlds only and other quick filter / categories would really help.

24. Ryan217

User's Time:
    I am curious what the thinking behind showing thr high bid publically is. It would seem not showing it and just telling a buyer if their is or is not the highest would get more money out of names. Right now in many cases a buyer will just add $1 to the current bid. If they dont have that info it encourages them to assign a real value to what the name is worth to them. Thus optimizing for sellers. IMO.

25. wrolie

User's Time:
    What do you think about having a feed to NameBio? That could do a lot to promote the platform.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice