Dynadot

discuss Domain King prices SmartGlasses.com at over $10 million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mkt Sales Leads

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, a domain owner can ask whatever they want. If they ever find a buyer is another story.

Brad

•••
I can see why SmartGlasses.com is priced in his mind at $10m.

This sort of money is a drop in the pond for a large business seeking category defining syntax and status on the WWW in perpetuity.

Last edited:
•••
Price and value are two very different things.

•••
My point was that there is no singular here.

•••
Yeah, plus to own such domains so that he still uses Twitter instead of creating maybe a new social media, ya chump Rick.
Guys you are disrespecting one of the legends of the domain name industry. I don't know him, never done business with him, but I've watched a heap of his interviews and the guy's a highly-successful domain name investor. People like that don't make random decisions. That's why I think this valuation is for publicity, which we're all giving him. No?

•••
NOT EVEN CLOSE to 1MM, Rick has LOST his MIND!! :ROFL:

smartglasses.com is just a mediocre 6 figure domain name, the price is close to $ 350,000 USD. Not even half Million USD. He wont sell that overvalue domain never! LOL CEOs are Not Dumb, nobody will develop a smartglasses product, not even the japanese, we need HANDS to operate a smartphone, a smartwatches is a USELESS, WORTHLESS Product! And the domain is Plural that means LESS VALUE.

Rick needs a REALITY CHECK ASAP!! Hello Rick, STOP DREAMING and Get Back to Reality World, Rick urgently needs a SMART BRAIN! ahahahahahahahhaha :xf.laugh:

Thanks for the LAUGH!! made my day!! LMAO!!!!
:ROFL:
The multimillionaire Rick needs to start listening to you it seems...

...or just laugh

•••
•••
•••
Generally speaking @OmarVG that's not the case. What so job.com is valued north of jobs.com? so boat.com is valued north of boats.com? so domain.com is valued north of domains.com? Nah.
The two names that are regularly debated over the value of the singular Vs plural are car.com and cars.com

•••
I've learnt something, so it wasn't wasted time while savaging a crumpet and slurping my black coffee.
What did you have on your crumpet?

•••

I own: SmartGlasss(.)com 🤔

•••
Out of context question, who gave him the title of Domain king? or was it self-proclaimed?

•••
•••
Who cares? His portfolio speaks for itself.

•••
I thinks its time for Rick to RETIRE from Domaining!! He must QUIT DOMAINING Soon!

He retired 5-10 years ago and has made more in that time than he did in the prior 15 years. So not sure what you mean about out of the game? Are you just counting starting next year? Or maybe the year after that?

And the domain is Plural that means LESS VALUE
Do you actually think "Glasses" that you wear is plural? You think SmartGlass is better somehow?

•••
Thinking more about how ridiculous this valuation is, it's probably just for the free publicity.

•••
90´s "domainer" "domaining" Today! ahahaha!! :ROFL:
1662319079623.png
:xf.grin::-P:ROFL::xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

•••
Buy a name from me and you get a fair price and no hype. I won't try to tell you a 100K domain is worth 10M!

•••
There's high value in both domains smartglass.com and smartglasses.com from a key words perspective. But I don't think in this day and age are either brandable? No. So $ 10 million dollars for a key word domain when we all know what's coming around the corner. What's that? What's around the corner? Search engines won't be key word focused, instead they will be brand focused. So key word domain names will become LESS and LESS valuable over time. That's why I don't think the D.K.'s sensational valuation will ever be met, but the publicity certainly has. That's why he's doing it. Publicity. @iTesla that does make him smart.

Google has prioritised brands over end/keyword names for some time and it hasn't made the slightest difference to end/keyword sales. Companies will always want a generic/strong keyword name to accompany their more brand-centric name.

•••
"To prove how brain dead so many CEOs are, I have had very few SERIOUS inquiries SO FAR. "

Even at $3.5 million it was overpriced.

•••
"To prove how brain dead so many CEOs are, I have had very few SERIOUS inquiries SO FAR. "

Even at $3.5 million it was overpriced.
Doesn't conventional domain wisdom state that the price is whatever the buyer and/or seller believe it's worth?
If Rick sells it for over 10 million it's because he and the buyer agree the name is worth it.

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't conventional domain wisdom state that the price is whatever the buyer and/or seller believe it's worth?
If Rick sells it for over 10 million it's because he and the buyer agree the name is worth it.
If he finds that buyer. He didn't find it at $3.5M, he's less likely to find it at $10M.
Besides "smart glasses" isnt really the term anymore.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back