Dynadot

guide Domain Investors Need To Learn Some Trademark Law

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Good article on TheDomains.com
By now everyone knows that Rick Schwartz prevailed in the UDRP filed on Queen.com. There was also a finding of RDNH.

Last year Mr. Schwartz was dealing with enforcing his trademark for “Domain King.” While he lost his dispute for DomainKing.biz some of the comments on our two posts about Rick enforcing his trademark for “Domain King” left me scratching my head.

Frankly I was pretty shocked to see the lack of knowledge about trademark law from the domain community

Simply put if you are a serious domain investor, you need to know trademark law as it relates to domain names.

I’m not telling domainers to go to law school.

I’m also not telling domain investors to self-represent themselves and not seek out legal advice from established attorney’s who regularly practice in the domain/trademark space.

Actually I have had representation for the 10 UDRP’s we have been hit with since 1997. I would advise everyone who has a UDRP filed against them to have representation.

But you do need to have AT LEAST a basic knowledge of trademark law if your going to be a domain investor.

Read Full Article Here:
https://www.thedomains.com/2017/06/22/domain-investors-need-learn-trademark-law/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back