Dynadot

trademark Ethereum trademark leads to cryptocurrency domain loss via UDRP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Templr

Top Member
Impact
If you’re investing in crypto-domains, think again when registering “Ethereum” keywords: it’s a trademark.
In other words, any use of this trademarked term in domains would be considered a potential UDRP, as in the case of the domain ProjectEthereum.com.

The domain’s registrant is operating a pyramid scheme, according to the UDRP, taking advantage of the cryptocurrency’s popularity and fame.

https://domaingang.com/domain-law/ethereum-trademark-leads-to-cryptocurrency-domain-loss-via-udrp/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everyone is trying to encryptmoney. So I bought it.

The systems use cryptography, not encryption. You might use encryption to protect your wallet but the systems themselves don't use encryption.

•••
Wonder if they'll go after Ethereum dot com next?

'Ethereum', as a trademark, is already owned or is under a pending ownership status by several international entities, if one goes by the WIPO Global Brand Database, found at www dot wipo dot int/branddb/en/

Last edited:
•••
If you don't like it, that's fine.

I don't like it

as thats the way to suttlely influence people

and I don't like your style responding here

•••
Thanks, @Silentptnr - I'm ok with those that do not like/understand the focus of the blog. I'm not ok when an article that is real and researched gets discounted by those that didn't read it.

but you have to accept that, my friend

as thats the natural outcome
when not all news are "real"

•••
I learned some time ago that when dealing in a global industry like domaining, people definitely see things differently around the world. I once thought something was funny but another person was offended and didn't get the humor at all. Oh well. It's the world we live in. :)

.. we all know germans have no humor

especially not when it comes to fake news

•••
Germans have lots of humor, after a few beers you understand it better.

Drink more beer, Frankie.

•••
•••
•••
Wthereum.com

Anyone? It's not a trade mark. It's a slip-up

It's like you wanna go to your best mates for Bbq but end up next door with the hot blonde.

It could still be beneficial.

Last edited:
•••
the reason why I never bought any ether domains. Its a company not a digital currency .

looking back, now I remember why I haven't invested in the ether crowdsale, when was possible to buy 1k eth for 1 btc, btc price was around 150$ or so, reason - ethereum tokens that will be mined are infinite, not as btc 21M only...

Last edited:
•••
If you invest in Bitcoin you are investing in a system that provides trustless transfers of value.

If you invest in Ethereum you are investing in a system that allows expanded programming capabilities that can use any kind of cryptocurrency

If you invest in Ripple you are investing in a system that allows people to exchange dissimilar items easily.

If you are investing short term this may not matter because many people buying this stuff don't really know what it is or what they are buying.

•••
Investing in bitcoin , you will make alot of profit if you keep them for some months.

•••
dropping all my crypto names and selling all my coins.

•••
•••
hmmm did anyone see this sale recently? did not know this one.

payether.com 45,000 USD 2017-09-21 Sedo

ok! so who shelled out that much cash for this "Pay Ether"?

and it's not even developed? just parking ads?

hmmmm

•••
i think the eth foundation will sue only the once that will be used unethically, in this case is a pyramid scheme

•••
i think the eth foundation will sue only the once that will be used unethically, in this case is a pyramid scheme

In the Bitcoin/crypto world your post brings up all kinds of hot button issues. The idea behind these decentralized systems is that nobody gets to decide what is or what is not ethical. They are censorship-resistant transactions that nobody can call "unethical" and stop/reverse the transactions. Namecoin is based on just that, anyone can register a .bit domain and nobody, such as ICANN or courts, can take it away.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back