IT.COM

opinion Domain.com & Netfirms - Unnecessarily Awkward Procedure when Pushing to a New Account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gareth1614

In a world of .mes, be a .comTop Member
Impact
I've pushed numerous domains internally with these registrars - particularly Netfirms - but have only recently tried doing it in the situation where the buyer has not got an account, and therefore has to open a new one prior to the push.

This was with Netfirms incidentally, although they are practically (or totally? - I'm not sure) the same company, with identical control panel layout and ways of working, so both are undoubtedly the same in this regard.

Having sold a domain on Flippa the other day, I now find that the buyer cannot simply sign up with Netfirms, allowing me to therefore push the domain. It turns out that to sign up you need to either register a domain, transfer in from another registrar or get a hosting package with them.

The only way around this was for me to go through Live Chat where the (admittedly very helpful) support staff informed me that he could actually set up a new account - if he went to chat and they take him through it step by step. This seems very overly complicated and drawn-out. It seems to me that a better solution would be to take the approach of most other registrars and allow a person to sign up quickly and easily - with or without any paid services.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences in this area.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just registered some domains with them (they are running a promotion). I agree that it was harder to get an account (relative to Godaddy) since you have to register a domain. However, the customer service chat option is indeed great.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back