Dynadot

discuss Does this sound like a scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bonin

DimitarBonin.comTop Member
Impact
Yesterday I received this email, what did you think? fraud or a real query?

Hope you're doing well.
Can you give me a price for this domain?

Thank ( missing S )
(Initial + Surname)

the email is (Initial + Surname)[email protected] I could not find any information about the name and e-mail in google.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most probably a genuine query.
I suggest you reply with your offer price and wait for response.

•••
Maybe ask him/her to nominate a price and see what their response is? Definitely someone who doesn't want you to find out their identity. On the other hand most scammers always try too hard to prove that they are genuine and don't hide their "real" identity. GL.

Last edited:
•••
most CEO, or big shoot! never reply my email more than 2 sentence! their favorite words only
"how much", and no thanks! :xf.grin: lol
btw most scammer, will give you long emails! but if the email short and strait to the point! maybe he don't have a lot of times! :xf.grin:

•••
I asked him to make an offer, The domain is listed with make an offer for a very long time

•••
mass spam mailing from a domainer. There was a thread about it some time ago.

•••
You should reply with BIN if you have one and see for couple of days for reply.

•••
treat it as a legit inquiry from a huge company

•••
the email is (Initial + Surname)[email protected] I could not find any information about the name and e-mail in google.
No big company use a free email service. Perfect example of Spam / Scam email. Ignore :stig:

•••
No big company use a free email service. Perfect example of Spam / Scam email. Ignore :stig:

I asked him to make an offer, but my 6th sense tells me tath is 95% scam

•••
I got same email. It isn't genuine.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I got a similar email for same domain a year ago . Last week I got same wording exact email.

Last edited:
•••
•••
sure I will forward you the exact email if you like.

•••
We have confirmed it is same email

•••
•••
Historically, an author of these emails:

- was unable to visit the domain itself where BIN price was shown

- used various "aliases": one time he is "Scott", another time he is "Charles", etc.

•••

Not correct. It's actually quite common for a big company or business to use a proxy employee or person acting as an agent, who more often than not uses a gmail address and a name (often only first name or last name) such as james1445/at/gmail.com to hide firms identity.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the information. It does certainly appear to be non-genuine from same going to a different person. What is not clear to me is what the plan for the scam is? What do they hope to get out of this? Or after contact do they try to sell you on some kind of agent agreement? Just wondering for those who have dealt with these.

•••
Multiple threads on this guy. He is a member here. There is a thread somewhere on this forum where he himself is talking about what he does. Last thread about this about a week ago:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/anyone-deal-with-bdavid0020-gmail-com.1054972/#post-6626437

bdavid0020@gmail from the thread I just linked too, same pattern. Last thread it was 0020, this thread 0021. We should be getting initial+surname 0022 soon.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the information. It does certainly appear to be non-genuine from same going to a different person. What is not clear to me is what the plan for the scam is? What do they hope to get out of this? Or after contact do they try to sell you on some kind of agent agreement? Just wondering for those who have dealt with these.
I have wondered too. I have received hundreds of those exact emails and quit replying to them because the idiots never reply back. I even tried quoting a ridiculously low price to see if a human was even monitoring it and they still did not reply.

•••
This one looks like a bulk email campaign. Careful of clicking any links obviously.

I will say that I have sold domains to professionals that purposely used a Gmail instead of their business email at first.

I would actually notice them switch over to their official email once we agreed on a deal. I would say at least 10 times I've seen it, so I think buyers do it a lot.

•••
Someone using gmail wouldn't bother me.

But I do look for things that seem cut and paste favorable to bulk spamming. Like saying "this domain?" instead of typing the domain. Or mentioning the domain only once in the title. Or the domain only being in one easy to change spot. Never talking about anything specific.

•••
"REAL" or "FAKE", I wouldn't care - I simply would reply with my price hahaahaaa

Of course I also wouldn't care if s/he won't reply then - because I knowww if s/he reallyyy wants the domain, s/he will reallyyy have to replyyy

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back