IT.COM

discuss Does This Exist?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Does anyone know of a company or website that you can just list all your domains, plug in your various credentials, and they then:

1. Put all your domains on top notch landing pages
2. Track all traffic
3. Manage online auctions across all major auction platforms
4. Make price changes on the fly
5. Manage sold and dropped domains (remove from all platforms, etc)
6. Monthly payments are received for monthly sales
7. Email daily or weekly or monthly reports of traffic, revenue, set prices, etc.

Something of a complete portfolio management. I would probably love that level of management. Does something like this exist?

I imagine the only way it could would be with automation. I sure wish something like that was out there to consider.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There should also be a service dedicated to outbounding. We would list our domains there, they would select some names from our list and do targeted outbounding.
The dashboard would contain all details and
all commissions after sales.

•••
Anyone wanna make this happen for us domainers? :woot:

•••
Domainers are cheap. I don't see this as a business opportunity. Hopefully I'm wrong.

•••
I thought about this years ago. I remember someone on the news had designed an app that lets users update all their social media platforms from one place. So they could add a comment or photo or change their status on FB, Twitter, Bebo (not sure what happened to that), MySpace etc, all in one move.
I distinctly remember thinking that would be great for domains but I think as others have said, it would take an enormous amount of work.

•••
What price of such a domain portfolio manager can cost with all functions suggested ?

Last edited:
•••
What price of such a domain portfolio manager can cost with all functions suggested ?
Just the cost of development. It would be mostly automated.

It could even transfer domains when specials are available. Basically most of what we do manually.

•••
I think it is getting there slowly. My GD now is linked with my Afternic. My enom is linked to my NJ.

It would be epik, but remains undeveloped. :)

•••
just few days before while talking about time required for listing and pricing i was discussing something on similar lines with other domainer. We were surprised that till date no body has come up with such model or venture. I believe it has very good potential considering all the domainers specially those who have domains in thousands.

Managing their renewals to transfers to updating about sales or listing domains. and even basic accounting of the business.Giving such service yearly for fair price can work great for both sides.

•••
just few days before while talking about time required for listing and pricing i was discussing something on similar lines with other domainer. We were surprised that till date no body has come up with such model or venture. I believe it has very good potential considering all the domainers specially those who have domains in thousands.

Managing their renewals to transfers to updating about sales or listing domains. and even basic accounting of the business.Giving such service yearly for fair price can work great for both sides.
Exactly. I'm surprised no one has attempted to create this type of automated management for domain names.

•••
Another approach / avenue would be when personal AI becomes a thing. Instead of a mass or multi user application, your personal AI agent is shown / observes your workflow for these tasks and "learns" them. The repetitive stuff is relatively easy, it's the judgement call stuff that will obviously be trickier...

This stuff will happen both faster and slower than we predict! :)

•••
•••
There should also be a service dedicated to outbounding. We would list our domains there, they would select some names from our list and do targeted outbounding.
The dashboard would contain all details and
all commissions after sales.

Id want that service

•••
•••
Companies usually use FTP servers to communicate and share big volume data. I would imagine that the registrars are connected to the registry in such way. The key for a successful domainer app/program would be a widely recognized standard within the domain industry to allow "domainers/speculators) with big portfolios to exchange the data between his "master-file" and the datafiles at the registrars/registrys/markets.

To explain it easy - the domainer maintains his master file and all the other work would be performed between the servers with FTP (file transfer protocol). I think this kind of model would probably be easy to program. But first there must be implemented a standard for this kind of data transfer (programers must know how the file should look like).

I'm not a programer but I have worked with similar architecture for car parts wholesale.

Just my 2 cents :xf.grin:

•••
GoDaddy attempted to create a universal protocol that helps connect domain name providers to domain name related services. It was called Domain Connect, but I don't really see much in the news about it.

Here's their website-
http://domainconnect.org/

It could be a really useful if all registrars adopted a universal API system, then a program like @Silentptnr wanted in the OP would be relatively simple to program or integrate into an existing service.

•••
>GoDaddy attempted to create a universal protocol

As Arnie said in that fine fine film, Predator, "RUN!"
Okay, maybe GoDaddy finally fired the untrained "make it up as we go" nepotistic employee who worked on their website, but I would find it hilariously sad if GoDaffy developed standards and protocols that become widely adopted... (well they are the 800 lb gorilla)

Most of the mysterious "how did my domain end up there" "where did my domain go?" stories seem to be from Godaffy. ( or netwurstsolutions - 1und1 seems to offer a different kind of woe)

DomaHub, I'm not poking you, but the GD.

That having been said, if the registrars had a less clunky way to transfer domains, that combined with cryptocurrencies with ETH-like programmablity would put the escrow companies out of business...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back