IT.COM

discuss Does single word .com domain real valuable

NameSilo
Watch

huwenbin

Established Member
Impact
I register 300+ .com single word domain. the words are almost 6~8L. but not the hot word.
Sell hard. No one buy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @huwenbin (y)

Sorry to disappoint, but I agree with what's already being said by others in this thread. You will have a difficult time selling these domains anytime soon, or sell them at all.

I understand the difficulty. You spent your money registering the domains, and now feel emotionally attached to them. Probably you would easily spot good domains from other domainers, but are not able to spot the quality of your own portfolio.

Please accept the advice given by others, and move further. Only then will you become a better domainer. It will take some time, effort, discipline, flexibility, and money.

One essential element in your domaining journey seems that you have to improve your English language skills considerably. Of course, this cannot be done instantly, but it will be a solid basis for your overall success in registering, buying and selling English domains.

Good luck, and keep sharing your experiences, even your doubts, with the community.

Last edited:
•••
food. dating. love. sex. ask. answer all be called "Common"

These words you listed up there are hot common words. Everybody knows the meaning of them.

The words you did register i heard for the first time.

upload_2021-7-25_21-7-36.png

Before registering a domain you really need to do your research:
-is there a niche/branche/market for that domain?
-are there any possible endusers?
-is it usefull for any company/service?

And stay away from registering "one word dot coms". In my opinion there is nothing left to register with value expect of some upcoming trends and madeup words.

Take a look at previous namepros threads. You'll find a lot of important and usefull informations of domaining overall. Its worth it - trust me.
Good luck :)

Last edited:
•••
Reality hit back. Take it as a lesson and get back on your feet.
You could have went for quality instead of quantity by acquiring 1 instead of 300.

It's very important to realize that there's a BIG difference between a dictionary word and a commonly used dictionary word.

Did you use any (at least 1) of these 300 words in your entire life? :sour:

Last edited:
•••
There is really no market for obscure words and tenses, even in .COM.

There are many available to register, for that reason.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
@huwenbin

That is not what I meant with having discipline.

Last edited:
•••
Yes. I have check the domain history. most first register 10+years 20+years. 50+dns change. Can be hold

So all of the previous owners decided to drop the domain? What does that tell you?

•••
you are all right. but the words not so cold. professional! I am not english person. not use. but you know i find the last hundres from 100000+ words. almost can not find again.

But the key thing is, they're extremely rare words (words that even most English speakers in the U.S. wouldn't recognize or be able to spell), and you have to ask yourself if they have any commercial value.

In other words, is it a positive, memorable word that is recognizable and conveys an emotion, or is something that a company would be able to use to sell a product, or launch a brand?

There are Top 100 words, Top 500-1000 words, Top 10,000 words, and then there are those that are extremely obscure, and are hardly ever spoken or written. I scanned through the list in your profile, and there were only a couple that I might have recognized, or wanted to Google.

•••
maybe not know first. but if you explain ..they can be known easily
but the buyer maybe like you not know first. I believe the right buyer will come. not sell all. some enough
How can the buyer come, if they do not know what the word is? There is nothing to come to, to begin with.
The only hope would be a portfolio site that can be found, with your words listed there. But rest assured, if you have to explain what the name means and how to spell it, your better off going towards the brandable route which can be catchy/creative to a degree.

•••
I am not english person. not use.

Hi

that above, is your problem.

since Englsih is not your native language, then you don't have a connection with how english words are commonly used
therefore, you are just going by what you heard, that "one word names in .com" have value.
when in fact, all of them don't!
and, if nobody is using those words to communicate thoughts, ideas, products, services, etc., then they won't have any value in an english speaking market.

it might be best to stick with your native language and try to find names that may have universal appeal or are commonly used in your region.

imo...

•••
Single word .COM is valuable. The only caveat: Must be a keyword or have significance

Trying to sell things like the Polish word for letterbox or a weird word you've found in a dictionary ...you're going to struggle, due to an overall lack of connection / desirability

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I register 300+ .com single word domain. the words are almost 6~8L. but not the hot word.
Sell hard. No one buy

Give an example of your domain

•••
•••
It was a big mistake to have registered those domains.
For example, what's familarity/com ?
Yes, one word, but without any meaning.

You may have to drop most of the domains, renewing them will be waste of money.
Use domain availability checker to check how many extensions are registered for each of the domains. If the number is less than 20, then I'll advise you drop the domain.

Last edited:
•••
as per the research that i have done out of 111463 words from the oxford dictionary 26918 words are available for hand registration in .com those 26k are almost always outdated words that no has used in the past 100 years

Example :
sauroidichnite.com
czarowitzes.com
huntsmanship.com
floriken.com

and many more worthless one word .com :)

•••
there is zero .com single word domains available to handreg that are worth regging. u are living proof of it.

lesson learned..we all start out Same way..by screwing up then learning.

that being said..of course 1word names are best. they are called category killers.

try to get good 1word in io and co

in that order. because most of us can only dream of affording good 1word in com.

all u need to know in domaining is..

.com
.io
. co

in that order.

get good names in those.. aftermarket etc... and put in 1000hours of learning about domains here and elsewhere. and then u are domainer and make profit. gl

•••
No more buy, my friend. Please take advice.

200.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
real buyer abslutely know. may be some not know. but some one can tell him. for example you hear something from your friend. he not like. but you may be bought

We almost all gone through it at the beginning. It's unfortunately not the right way of getting things started. You're just going to hurt yourself by wasting time and money for nothing in return.

It seems like you're trying to convince yourself as hard as you can even if at the end of the day, you know that it was a bad move.

You can recover from your loss by learning something from it. I really recommend you to take the time (even if it takes hundreds and hundreds of hours) to read threads on NamePros. :bookworm:

Knowledge is priceless and is the key to success. (y)

Last edited:
•••
Any name can sell to the right buyer for the right price.

drinkbleachandeatcrisps.com

Edit: Any name can sell to the right buyer for the right price, within reason

•••
Handregs for $100,000 a piece and no sale is not so strange

•••
•••
•••
as i agree with all others comments above, i want to add that if you drop your selling price from $100k to $1-2k you may have more chance to make some revenue, at least you may save the money you put in. On the other hand playing lottery may be better, at least you will save from your time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back