IT.COM

discuss Does single word .com domain real valuable

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

huwenbin

Established Member
Impact
I register 300+ .com single word domain. the words are almost 6~8L. but not the hot word.
Sell hard. No one buy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is really no market for obscure words and tenses, even in .COM.

There are many available to register, for that reason.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Handregs for $100,000 a piece and no sale is not so strange

•••
I register 300+ .com single word domain. the words are almost 6~8L. but not the hot word.
Sell hard. No one buy

Give an example of your domain

•••
Single word .COM is valuable. The only caveat: Must be a keyword or have significance

Trying to sell things like the Polish word for letterbox or a weird word you've found in a dictionary ...you're going to struggle, due to an overall lack of connection / desirability

Last edited:
•••
•••
Reality hit back. Take it as a lesson and get back on your feet.
You could have went for quality instead of quantity by acquiring 1 instead of 300.

It's very important to realize that there's a BIG difference between a dictionary word and a commonly used dictionary word.

Did you use any (at least 1) of these 300 words in your entire life? :sour:

Last edited:
•••
you are all right. but the words not so cold. professional! I am not english person. not use. but you know i find the last hundres from 100000+ words. almost can not find again.

•••
There are still represt an industry. if they are common english word. I do not think $100000 can buy

•••
you are all right. but the words not so cold. professional! I am not english person. not use. but you know i find the last hundres from 100000+ words. almost can not find again.

But the key thing is, they're extremely rare words (words that even most English speakers in the U.S. wouldn't recognize or be able to spell), and you have to ask yourself if they have any commercial value.

In other words, is it a positive, memorable word that is recognizable and conveys an emotion, or is something that a company would be able to use to sell a product, or launch a brand?

There are Top 100 words, Top 500-1000 words, Top 10,000 words, and then there are those that are extremely obscure, and are hardly ever spoken or written. I scanned through the list in your profile, and there were only a couple that I might have recognized, or wanted to Google.

•••
There are still represt an industry. if they are common english word. I do not think $100000 can buy

Define "common." Find an example of the words being used in context, or by a company in marketing or advertising.

•••
i know. but when traslate into chinese. it is profession words. everyone study in high school can be known easily. even not must be a college. maybe not know first. but if you explain ..they can be known easily

•••
food. dating. love. sex. ask. answer all be called "Common"

•••
$100000 which one can be bought? no
the professional words represent their industry. goods or knowledge or some people or some emotion. even some are trademark of some company

•••
i think they are all best words. only lack of right buyer. best valuable in the right buyer's eye

•••
Hi @huwenbin (y)

Sorry to disappoint, but I agree with what's already being said by others in this thread. You will have a difficult time selling these domains anytime soon, or sell them at all.

I understand the difficulty. You spent your money registering the domains, and now feel emotionally attached to them. Probably you would easily spot good domains from other domainers, but are not able to spot the quality of your own portfolio.

Please accept the advice given by others, and move further. Only then will you become a better domainer. It will take some time, effort, discipline, flexibility, and money.

One essential element in your domaining journey seems that you have to improve your English language skills considerably. Of course, this cannot be done instantly, but it will be a solid basis for your overall success in registering, buying and selling English domains.

Good luck, and keep sharing your experiences, even your doubts, with the community.

Last edited:
•••
food. dating. love. sex. ask. answer all be called "Common"

These words you listed up there are hot common words. Everybody knows the meaning of them.

The words you did register i heard for the first time.

upload_2021-7-25_21-7-36.png

Before registering a domain you really need to do your research:
-is there a niche/branche/market for that domain?
-are there any possible endusers?
-is it usefull for any company/service?

And stay away from registering "one word dot coms". In my opinion there is nothing left to register with value expect of some upcoming trends and madeup words.

Take a look at previous namepros threads. You'll find a lot of important and usefull informations of domaining overall. Its worth it - trust me.
Good luck :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks all. Yes they have. I know. but the buyer maybe like you not know first. I believe the right buyer will come. not sell all. some enough

•••
@huwenbin

That is not what I meant with having discipline.

Last edited:
•••
•••
maybe not know first. but if you explain ..they can be known easily
but the buyer maybe like you not know first. I believe the right buyer will come. not sell all. some enough
How can the buyer come, if they do not know what the word is? There is nothing to come to, to begin with.
The only hope would be a portfolio site that can be found, with your words listed there. But rest assured, if you have to explain what the name means and how to spell it, your better off going towards the brandable route which can be catchy/creative to a degree.

•••
real buyer abslutely know. may be some not know. but some one can tell him. for example you hear something from your friend. he not like. but you may be bought

•••
Last edited:
•••
Yes. but not mean no one register it untill now.

•••
anyone know where is a tool that can check the history of a domain

•••
Back