Domain Empire

warning Does Rami Steitieh A/K/A steitieh Shill? You Decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

N-A

Account Closed
Impact
In March of 2016 @steitieh was found guilty of shill bidding on NamePros with @tha-she. While these two members are no longer permitted to conduct business with each other here, @steitieh is still able to participate in the marketplace and carries an undeserving PRO badge.

Recently, Rami was accused of shill bidding again. However, the evidence is circumstantial, at best, but it's admitted by him that he had close personal acquaintances bid on his auctions – something that we all know that most other marketplaces would never tolerate.

Beware: if you choose to bid on one of @steitieh 's auctions, know that someone else may be purposefully bidding you up.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Finally – Facts are facts and truth always prevail
Yes, the truth always does come out. While namePros doesn't have the authority to look into your Flippa history, it's questionable as well.

https://flippa.com/auctions/3004202/bids

When you have multiple auctions with BANNED / SUSPENDED bidders, it reeks of shill bidding. However, they're not as liberal as namePros when making a decision that shill bidders exist.

•••
I wrote this in the other thread but it's relevant here too:

Ever since the reports in March, @steitieh reaches out to us whenever he notices something suspicious in his auctions. We've had to void and delete bids as a result of it. In many cases he brought those to our attention and no one else. He's prevented multiple situations where new members could have bid up his auctions but he suspected something fishy and reported it to us. I can't speak for whether he does this on Flippa too.

@Eric Lyon - Was this one of the transactions you investigated?
It's still an active auction but I will check our logs and if it hasn't I'll look deeper into it.

•••
friends bidding on friends auctions is trouble.
i think ebay has strict rules against that.

Last edited:
•••
I don't want to get into specifics and I could be completely and totally wrong in my feeling. But months ago I had bid on a few of his auctions and felt some shady things going on. I had a feeling his friend was bidding me up. Again I could be completely wrong. This bidder was not tha-she but someone else.

The reason why I was suspicious was because he would always direct message me immediately after I was outbid. Offered me a BIN price and said someone just bid higher but now I have an opp to grab the name instantly. Just felt weird to me. Why not just let the auction run? He always pressured me to buy at his private BIN.

Anyway, again I could be completely wrong with my gut feeling but at the time I just felt something was totally off. I then stopped bidding on his auctions.

•••
i think ebay has strict rules against that.
I don't know if they have specific rules, but I do know, if allegations are made... they will close it in a heartbeat. They don't have the time to play around and research every critical piece of detail. The burden of proof is required by the person accused, and even in those cases, are not heard out due to time constraints.

As I mentioned, namePros is very liberal when it comes to handing out sentences. They want absolute, definitive proof, that shill bidding occurred. It's all speculation, though. @tha-she and @steitieh can collude to make up stories, and with namePros' rules permitting, state that they merely canceled the auction. But, would this have been the case with anyone else?

I don't think so as I see a couple people are banned from @steitieh's auctions, as he stated, for non-payment. Why is @tha-she granted a pardon, whilst these other bidders aren't? They're friends; that's why.

And that is shill bidding in my opinion. But, they're going to get away with it. They won't be banned. Nothing will change. But this thread, this thread here, will persist.

The only thing you can do is not participate in their auctions, and they'll go away eventually. But, they left a trail behind that teaches how people can shill bid on namePros - merely agreeing to cancel auctions at the end. Saddening, really.

•••
I think Ebay puts friends bidding on friends auctions in the "restricted" category.. neither allowed, nor not allowed. it's not a good category to be in, and thus to avoid problems, it is best to invite your friends not to bid on yuor auctions, rather than invite them to bid on them. imo.

•••
But, they left a trail behind that teaches how people can shill bid on namePros - merely agreeing to cancel auctions at the end. Saddening, really.
This is incorrect, please read the Auction rules:
  • 6.2.6. All valid bids are binding and cannot be retracted. Bids are void when outbid by another member. Auctions and bids that are unclear, illegible, conducted outside of the public listing (e.g. via private message), contain inaccurate information or invalid amounts are considered null and void.
  • 6.2.10. Auction holders (sellers) must sell to the highest bidder with a valid bid at the end of the auction or to the first buyer to accept a valid Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price before the auction ends. Rule 6.1.17 applies.
These members have since been informed about this and all auctions must be completed. However, if uncompleted auctions are not reported to us, then we may not know about them.

There are thousands of auctions on NamePros, and we rely on the community to bring many issues to our attention in exchange for a free and open platform to do business. We investigate every report thoroughly, far more than most sites. We cannot do it or offer the service we offer without the help of the community. You all are the heartbeat. ;)

•••
This is incorrect, please read the Auction rules:
  • 6.2.6. All valid bids are binding and cannot be retracted. Bids are void when outbid by another member. Auctions and bids that are unclear, illegible, conducted outside of the public listing (e.g. via private message), contain inaccurate information or invalid amounts are considered null and void.
  • 6.2.10. Auction holders (sellers) must sell to the highest bidder with a valid bid at the end of the auction or to the first buyer to accept a valid Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price before the auction ends. Rule 6.1.17 applies.
These members have since been informed about this and all auctions must be completed. However, if uncompleted auctions are not reported to us, then we may not know about them. There are thousands of auctions on NamePros, and we rely on the community to bring many issues to our attention in exchange for a free and open platform to do business. We investigate every report thoroughly, far more than most sites. We cannot do it or offer the service we offer without the help of the community. You all are the heartbeat. ;)
Ah, then I misinterpreted what you wrote about canceling auctions. I apologize.

But, now you know. The cards are in your hand now, you can take action, or not. These petty little warnings didn't phase him in March. Time to get the banhammer out as the evidence is just piling up with his shilling activities on namePros and even on Flippa (though, you can't take action on that, it just makes it even more suspicious for the patterns on namePros).

But, I'd definitely strip the PRO badge in the meantime. Newbies look up to that kind of stuff. I'm here for them.

•••
If the buyer doesn't want to pay or refuses to pay for an auction they won, that would cause the buyer's account to be affected, not the sellers unless we found the seller to be found guilty of something.

These auctions are from your March report when everyone involved was informed of the rules and actions were taken.

Edit: Added clarifications

Last edited:
•••
It's still an active auction but I will check our logs and if it hasn't I'll look deeper into it.

My apologies. I had read @mad409 thread that DNBank was already the winning bidder. You cannot expect the domain name to change hands until after the auction is completed.

•••
These auctions are from your March report when everyone involved was informed of the rules.
But... then... shills switched to @DNBank.com currently. We can't know for sure; it's all circumstantial.

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, you're blacklisted from selling on namePros.

•••
My apologies. I had read @mad409 thread that DNBank was already the winning bidder. You cannot expect the domain name to change hands until after the auction is completed.
While that is true, @DNBank.com had run up plenty of auctions for other members to pay more money than they should have. The current auctions are now void, and don't need to be completed, as agreed upon by @steitieh with the information that they are close personal friends. So, he gets away with it a 2nd time.

•••
@David Walker - Who said they were now void? There's nothing in the thread about the auction being voided. A seller cannot void a valid auction in any case. DNBank will need to pay for the domain and receive it. If he wins that auction.

Last edited:
•••
I am glad to see that the members of this great community are able to express their concern over any auction activity that they believe to be suspect.

I can only say that I have participated in many auctions here on NP and I have at times found that certain members have very active auctions. Certainly I have won some and lost some, but I have found that Rami, Tha-She and each member that has had accusations and suspicions leveled against them, have been completely professional, courteous and reliable. DNBank and others mentioned like Skyvisium have been great too. Both as buyers and sellers.

I have found NP managemetn to be extremely vigilant in keeping the community a safe and good resource.

Certainly breaking any rules of the forum is bad and deserves whatever the established penalty would be, but I do believe that NP staff including the OP, can work together to protect the community and the integrity of the auctions.

Lastly, I am certain that if any member feels that they are being bid up or that something seems fishy, they can report this to management and I know management will handle the situations appropriately. Forums work best with help from all members.

Everyone should carefully measure their reactions. No matter what the outcome. I see little good in publicly ridiculing anyone even if there is wrongdoing. I sincerely hope that this is resolved.

•••
•••
These auctions are from your March report when everyone involved was informed of the rules and actions were taken.
And FYI, the NNN.me report wasn't made by me. If the report was before mine, mine would be the 2nd allegation. And if the report was after mine, it still makes it the second allegation. Acton should've been taken, but, it wasn't.

•••

My bad I thought it had.. I can probably speculate the outcome of that one though.. ;)

•••
While that is true, @DNBank.com had run up plenty of auctions for other members to pay more money than they should have. The current auctions are now void, and don't need to be completed, as agreed upon by @steitieh with the information that they are close personal friends. So, he gets away with it a 2nd time.

You're clearly running out of breath and twisting the truth intentionally! I clearly said: Any auction that had DNBank BID on but did NOT win will be given the option to be retracted - All PMs went out anyways - but ANY Auctions DNBank wins will be Paid by him as normal with all pleasure.

Enough with the Ego bro - you dug it too deep and you're clearly going in loops! Flippa? what a joke - but I'll leave it to the crowd who aren't here just to dance while you drum :)

•••
You're clearly running out of breath and twisting the truth intentionally! I clearly said: Any auction that had DNBank BID on but did NOT win will be given the option to be retracted - All PMs went out anyways - but ANY Auctions DNBank wins will be Paid by him as normal with all pleasure.

Enough with the Ego bro - you dug it too deep and you're clearly going in loops! Flippa? what a joke - but I'll leave it to the crowd who aren't here just to dance while you drum :)
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't have time to dig up the exact post.

Per rules, as @stub mentioned, this still isn't allowed. However, @Eric Lyon permitted it under these circumstances. I am correct to state that.

•••
@David Walker - Who said they were now void? There's nothing in the thread about the auction being voided. A seller cannot void a valid auction in any case. DNBank will need to pay for the domain and receive it. If he wins that auction.

They're not void Stu- they will be given the option because of the Allegations here! While whatever DnBank wins personally is binding.

•••
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't have time to dig up the exact post.

Per rules, as @stub mentioned, this still isn't allowed. However, @Eric Lyon permitted it under these circumstances. I am correct to state that.

No Sir - you said they're VOID - a huge difference between being VOID and given the option to retract if they chose to - again - Stop looping around -

•••
They're not void Stu- they will be given the option because of the Allegations here! While whatever DnBank wins personally is binding.
Yep. And when you collect the PayPal funds and get the money in your account from his high bid that won't likely be challenged, I'm sure you two will go to the bar and have a couple drinks over how hilarious this situation is to you, with the tab paid by you. You know, cause, that's what friends are for...

•••
I can't see much value in this thread continuing publicly. This seems to be a matter for NP management. I don't see any new information coming from the OP. IMHO

•••
No Sir - you said they're VOID - a huge difference between being VOID and given the option to retract if they chose to - again - Stop looping around -
Per rules, the option to retract, is NOT allowed. So, I used the wrong words, but, the point is still valid.

I apologize.

•••
Yep. And when you collect the PayPal funds and get the money in your account from his high bid that won't likely be challenged, I'm sure you two will go to the bar and have a couple drinks over how hilarious this situation is to you, with the tab paid by you. You know, cause, that's what friends are for...

Wow - Next, I will get aliens to bid on my auctions paying with Alient Dollars - Stop being paranoid and live the fact that you're just looping repeating yourself, and when day comes, the second half of the dancers show up to dance again and again!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back