Dynadot

Does NameFind LLC Bid on GoDaddy Expired Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Salamander

Established Member
Impact
4 days ago, I noticed that an expiring domain registered at MeshDigital was available to bid on at GoDaddy Auctions, with 3 days left until auction close.

I see now that there has been a change of ownership to NameFind, LLC.

Unfortunately, I missed the end of the auction, so I am unable to determine what happened. Did NameFind LLC place a bid on this domain, or purchase it at Closeout? How else might they have acquired this domain?

@Joe Styler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No. They have no need to, they have more then enough high quality domains there.

•••
I think if you look more closely at the WHOIS you will see the answer. Does it say - changing accounts or holding account or something like that which indicates we are moving it to the buyer? We tried to make the WHOIS as clear as possible while still remaining compliant to ICANN that we own the name but its moving. Whenever a domain is won on expired via a 3rd party registrar we take ownership of the domain from them move it to GoDaddy and then to the auction winner.
We do not buy domains on our auctions.

•••
Thank you for the reply.

The domain in question doesn't appear to be transferring anywhere going by whois. (No mention of "Domain Transfer Service, Afternic" or anything like that). How did NameFind LLC acquire this MeshDigital expiring domain that was listed at GoDaddy auctions just a few days ago? NameFind was not the original registrant.

•••
Does NameFind LLC have first dibs on MeshDigital expiring domains?

•••
We do not bid on any auctions. I can't tell you much more without the domain name. But I strongly guess it is because all 3rd party names are moved to a holding account within Namefind as part of the process of moving to the winning bidder. This would include closeout auctions.

•••
Back